Multiple Instances in SWG

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Multiple Instances in SWG

Post by thegreywolfe »

Hey mods, is it allright to have this quick guide here? I've noticed a lot of people asking about it lately.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Open up notepad or wordpad and put in the following.

[SwgClient]
allowMultipleInstances=true

Save the file to your Star Wars Galaxies folder as user.cfg, and boom you're in business. You will now be able to alt tab out of the game, and if you have a second account (not second toon), you can log another account in and alt-tab swap between them. This also works for 3 and more accounts. Very usefull if you have crafters and want to bring along your combat toon for protection in the wilds.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Last edited by thegreywolfe on Wed Sep 19, 2007 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

The text should be, without what seems to an extra empty line in between in your post above

Code: Select all

[SwgClient]
and users must ensure that Windows does not silently add the annoying .TXT at the end of the file name. Be careful with upper and lower cases. File name can be upper or lower cases since Windows still do not differ between the two. :)

/Z
thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe »

Zimoon wrote:The text should be, without what seems to an extra empty line in between in your post above

Code: Select all

[SwgClient]
and users must ensure that Windows does not silently add the annoying .TXT at the end of the file name. Be careful with upper and lower cases. File name can be upper or lower cases since Windows still do not differ between the two. :)

/Z
Lol, ok fixed it.
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

Just happy to help and glad to see your kind spirit. I have also tried to help people with this in ever so often, many have claimed it does not work, but it usually ends up in
* not properly typed upper and lower cases
* file name is invalidated by Microsoft software (added a trailing .TXT)
* they try to log in a second toon at the first account
* their amount of RAM is severely insufficient

Just two final tips for less lag:
1) turn down graphic details and details range to a minimum
2) characters not currently attended to better carefully study the ground or their belly button, which reduces computer overhead with the less graphical data to compute

Have fun
/Z
Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno »

When saving a file with Notepad, it can be useful to type it as "user.cfg" (With quotes) instead of user.cfg (Without quotes). The quotes makes Notepad save it as it is typed (For the ones who, like me, are too lazy to change it in the dropdown menu)
TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster »

Zimoon wrote:Just happy to help and glad to see your kind spirit. I have also tried to help people with this in ever so often, many have claimed it does not work, but it usually ends up in

2) characters not currently attended to better carefully study the ground or their belly button, which reduces computer overhead with the less graphical data to compute

Have fun
/Z
Besides, belly buttons are all kinds of fun to study! Oh, you mean your own belly button, hmm thats not nearly as fun.
Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey »

TradeMaster wrote:
Zimoon wrote:Just happy to help and glad to see your kind spirit. I have also tried to help people with this in ever so often, many have claimed it does not work, but it usually ends up in

Have fun
/Z
Besides, belly buttons are all kinds of fun to study! Oh, you mean your own belly button, hmm thats not nearly as fun.
Zimoon would never suggest anything so racy as to suggest you look at belly buttons of other players... though does anyone know another use for the cantina?
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

:oops:

Never could I imagine my comment on CPU savings could cause such an interesting and profound discussion :P

/Z
thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe »

Zimoon wrote::oops:

Never could I imagine my comment on CPU savings could cause such an interesting and profound discussion :P

/Z
Yeah, well, that's what we're here for. Wait till Eevaa starts posting here and the blueberry milk comments start.
TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster »

Eevaa's wearing a very nice big fluffly white robe these days. It looks really nice.
thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe »

TradeMaster wrote:Eevaa's wearing a very nice big fluffly white robe these days. It looks really nice.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

And how would you know that?
TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster »

I saw her Friday evening?
Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey »

TradeMaster wrote:I saw her Friday evening?
Man trade you must have been loaded to question whether or not you saw her. Yeah, what this board needs is a good dose of Eevaa to round it out :(

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster »

Oh, no, I guarantee I saw her Friday evening. Mighta been Saturday morning depending on weather you are a firm believer of post midnight being the next day, but I saw her. And she was wearing a big White bathrobe. You know those super fluffy-you can only steal them from the best of hotels-bathrobes? Yup, thats what Eevaa was wearing. She looked very very comfortable. My response was more of the "duh, how do you think I know?" response.
Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey »

I think you just pointed out what we need even more then Eevaa, EEVAA IN A BATHROBE!