Do adhesives drop any more?

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

awek
Novice Crafter

Do adhesives drop any more?

Post by awek »

I'm level 47 and havent found a single one yet lol.

Or did they remove them and I didn't notice?
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

Not since NGE as of November 2005.

Now we rather use the "crafted" enhancements, or as they are named Reversed Engineered attachments, see Feralmonkey's Reverse Engineering Guide, which for some reason is at the developer site and not at this forum :?

So, what you want to keep is everything looted that has skills on them, the more and the higher the better. RE also consumes those "electronic" loot pieces you gather, everything that has an electronic touch in their names is probably useful for an RE.

Any crafter specialized in RE can do it, except for Structure Traders as they rather have the space RE-ing.

/Z
xorbok
Forum Moderator

Post by xorbok »

If you are asking about the adhesives for various items such as the blue carpet, the gong, and those type things, the answer is yes. They seem to drop occasionally off 85+ mobs and more often are found in the treasure chests from the mysterious data disks.
ImageImage
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

Am I a moron or was I simple not properly caffeinated this morning :oops:

Of course Xorbok is correct!

Adhesives do drop, but they are more rare than others. As they perhaps should be to make it fun hunting them. I recall I looted quite a few though while doing the Legacy, around level 40 if I am not mistaken this time 8)

/Z
Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon »

BTW Xorbok, I just love your little avatar icon, it really got me the first time I saw it.
/Z
awek
Novice Crafter

Post by awek »

85+ holy moly....k...i guess that gives me plenty of time to get the rest of the parts lol.
TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster »

They will also drop intermittantly (albeit rarely) while you are leveling up as well. I've been lucky enough to loot 4 or 5 of them so far, and I am at 70 with my combat toon.
thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe »

xorbok wrote:If you are asking about the adhesives for various items such as the blue carpet, the gong, and those type things, the answer is yes. They seem to drop occasionally off 85+ mobs and more often are found in the treasure chests from the mysterious data disks.
Yeah, I seem to be getting a lot of adhesives from the treasure chests, now if only I could get the blue rug cloth patches and finish my current one...
TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster »

I had good luck on the cloth patches, sculpture coatings, ect on Talus, there's a bunch of npcs by the weapons depot non-faction aligned, and imp that I had good luck with drops.
thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe »

TradeMaster wrote:I had good luck on the cloth patches, sculpture coatings, ect on Talus, there's a bunch of npcs by the weapons depot non-faction aligned, and imp that I had good luck with drops.
Dude, we'll talk later than. I should have asked sooner if you were holding on to the loot kit stuff, especially as I'm doing treasure hunts now and getting adhesives.
TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster »

Wrong server. That's my combat babe on Radiant sir. Of course, I'll be combat grinding on Bria real soon now. (don't worry, the combat is the second account, primaries are still going whole hog to reach the magical level 86)
thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe »

TradeMaster wrote:Wrong server. That's my combat babe on Radiant sir. Of course, I'll be combat grinding on Bria real soon now. (don't worry, the combat is the second account, primaries are still going whole hog to reach the magical level 86)
Lol, I see then. That's cool, i'm gonna keep collecting and storing on my vendor, while waiting for this wonderful publish that will increase my storage so I can access everything without playing the vendor shuffle anymore.
TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster »

Are they upping house storage in pub 7? Nifty! I missed that bit. I think I may have to go over to "that official site" and read up on the news. Wish me luck, send search parties if I don't return.

I'm back, and I'm happy to say, I survived. but there's no chapter 7 news over there. You must be speaking of the 51 month-put 200 more thingys in a house reward.
thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe »

TradeMaster wrote:Are they upping house storage in pub 7? Nifty! I missed that bit. I think I may have to go over to "that official site" and read up on the news. Wish me luck, send search parties if I don't return.

I'm back, and I'm happy to say, I survived. but there's no chapter 7 news over there. You must be speaking of the 51 month-put 200 more thingys in a house reward.
Nope, not the 51 month reward, they have told us that there will be 100 item rewards as part of the new village quests and raid content that you can use to increase a house by up to 5000 items. When it rolls to live, I will probably not being doing any crafting, RE work or BM work for the first month of it while I take all my 4 toons through it to have 4 houses with 5k of inventory space. I'll never need a storage vendor again.
TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster »

Oh, I am SO going to try to tag along with you on that. I hate dealing with space issues. How many people are considered a "raid" in SWG these days? (I miss the 20 member groups myself)