Crafting bug using ESC

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Sentienel
Novice Crafter

Crafting bug using ESC

Post by Sentienel » Thu May 15, 2008 8:49 pm

I wás making an Elite mineral harvester and was looking if i had the right resouces and items i created with my factory. I filled almost everything and knew i needed some more parts.
I pressed ESC and....Everything gone!...'Your component --- was lost due to your inventory being full. This should not happen! I loaded the item with the ìnput hopper of a crafting station.
Ive lost now more then 30K resources (high quality) and im VERY frustrated now. I dont know what to do now! is there a way to get it back?

exhibit69
Novice Crafter

Re: Crafting bug using ESC

Post by exhibit69 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:45 pm

Dear Sentinel:

The completed prototype is inside the tool you made it with. Make room in the inventory, then use the radial menu on the tool. There will be a option :Get Prototype from tool"
Select that, you will have your deed back.

Hodru
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Post by Hodru » Fri May 16, 2008 12:33 am

I don't think it will be in the tool. Hitting ESC would cancel the crafting process, and with nowhere for the items to go, I'm guessing they did poof.

Filing a ticket may get a GM to give you your items back, but I wouldn't hold my breath. I'd say you will probably be out of luck.

I assume you double checked your crafting station to see if the items were put back in there?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri May 16, 2008 4:59 am

When you cancel a crafting session after selecting some resources or subcomponants, they are placed in your top inventory, no matter where you drew them from (crafting station hopper or backpack). Try not to craft with a full inventory. Didnt I read of a new feature that wouldnt allow you to craft if your inventory is full?

Sentienel
Novice Crafter

Post by Sentienel » Fri May 16, 2008 10:45 am

Hodru wrote:I assume you double checked your crafting station to see if the items were put back in there?
The folowing line was placed 40+ times in my chat window :(

'The item [Item Name] was lost due to inventory being full'
etc....
Didnt I read of a new feature that wouldnt allow you to craft if your inventory is full?
It is yes, but my inventoy wasnt totally full (maybe round 5 items werent lost)

Ive contacted a GM:
I am sorry to hear this happened. Unfortunately the crafting components are gone. We cannot replace them for you either they are items that need to be crafted. You need to be careful when crafting, it is by design that you will lose your resources if you hit escape. The most we can do is return the resources lost. Not the resources used to create the modules but the resources that you used with the modules to craft the item.

Please reply back with the name of the resource and how much was lost. I look forward to your response.

Take care
I dont understand why they cant replace the module resources. Im gonna ask if they could multiply some resources (ive samples of all resources i used to create the items)

Hodru

Post by Hodru » Fri May 16, 2008 1:08 pm

I'm impressed they will replace anything. I'm sure they can't replace the resources that went into the modules though because they don't have a way to tell exactly what those resources were.

Hodru

Post by Hodru » Fri May 16, 2008 1:08 pm

Also, for what it's worth, I never use the input hoppers of crafting stations. I just don't trust them. :?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 16, 2008 1:50 pm

Hodru wrote:Also, for what it's worth, I never use the input hoppers of crafting stations. I just don't trust them. :?
Me neither, but that is rather since my houses are full anyway and the input hopper counts towards the house's item limit.

/Zimoon

Sentienel
Novice Crafter

Post by Sentienel » Fri May 16, 2008 2:35 pm

Hodru wrote:I'm impressed they will replace anything. I'm sure they can't replace the resources that went into the modules though because they don't have a way to tell exactly what those resources were.
Sentienel wrote:(ive samples of all resources i used to create the items)
Thats why im going to tell them where they can find the resources i used, so they can multiply those....
There were resources with 4 quality stats higher than 930+. Im selling them at the bazaar for 40 CPU (500 for 20000) and many people buy these.

Hodru

Post by Hodru » Fri May 16, 2008 4:59 pm

Sentienel wrote:
Hodru wrote:I'm impressed they will replace anything. I'm sure they can't replace the resources that went into the modules though because they don't have a way to tell exactly what those resources were.
Sentienel wrote:(ive samples of all resources i used to create the items)
Thats why im going to tell them where they can find the resources i used, so they can multiply those....
There were resources with 4 quality stats higher than 930+. Im selling them at the bazaar for 40 CPU (500 for 20000) and many people buy these.
Yes, but as far as I know, they would be taking you at your word that's what went into those parts you lost. I don't think there is a way they can tell for sure that's what was used.

Regardless, good luck. You may find a generous GM.