Bria :)

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Fracture
Novice Crafter

Bria :)

Post by Fracture » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:34 pm

Hello, I'm Fracture aka Fraxtor Tex on the Bria Server.

I'm currently surveying manually to find the best resources available today, so i'm using this site to update on Geothermal Renewal Energy, so that not only i but other Beast Masters that look on this site gets some info :)

Love this site! :oops: :P

Regards

Fraxtor :wink:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Bria :)

Post by Zimoon » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:50 pm

Welcome around :D

And I must say I love your attitude and spirit.

It's a great idea to "claim" one resource type, less of a chore then ;)

/Zimoon

Fracture
Novice Crafter

Post by Fracture » Fri Feb 29, 2008 5:39 am

Haha, indeed.
I'm all new to this crafting stuff and I've been reading a little on these forums and found out that Geothermal Energy isn't only for Beast Masters, so.. i have learned something today.

Code: Select all

Price Check Code!!! :D

So, i've found this spawn currently on Bria: 880 Potential Energy and 826 Overall Quality. I guess this is a good resource so i put out 5000 units for 25,000 credits.

Do you think this is a fair price? Since i have no idea what Potential Energy actually mean, but as the cap on these are 1000 right, so when i have Pot-Energy and Overall Quality very close to the cap, it must be good.
Regards.

Fracture aka Fraxtor @Bria. :D :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:53 am

Prices vary from galaxy to galaxy, that is why we always respond to price check posts with "go check the Bazaar!". Remember that the Bazaar has a price limit of 20,000 credits so if you plan to sell for 5 CPU (credits per unit) you can only sell stacks of 4000 units each. At a personal Vendor you can have sky high prices though.

Yes, Geothermal can be used in anything that uses power, but Incubators for Beast Masters can only use Geothermal

PE: In the Beginners Guide for Traders you find a simple formula for PE, but the shorthand is: PE the closer to 1000 the better. Incubators use a set amount of energy each experiment no matter the PE, but all other structures work like this:

The amount of units you add to the machine is not the amount of units which is subtracted from the crate of energy. The ideal PE=1000 gives power_units=1000/500=2, hence, adding 100 units to a structure only takes 50 from the crate but the units "believe" it got 100. PE=750 gives 750/500=1.5 so adding 100 units to the structure will reduce the crate with only 100/1.5=67 units. However, not all players are aware of the fact so it can be hard to justify an exact pricing scheme when you have high PE. Others also use the resource class for crafting and then OQ and/or DR must be high.

Finally, two things:
1) This forum allows you to post galaxy specific questions and/or price checks, but then you must use this forum board: Galaxy Specific Discussion.

2) This particular board, in the context of Development Forums, is rather for discussing how to improve this site or to report bugs. No harm though, we are a warm and forgiving community, so don't lay awake all night now :P

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:12 am

On a side note, on the stat issue. It seems you have fully understood the concept of capped stats, awesome, indeed.

However, since it is not hard, after playing for a while, to have stashed away resources with great stats on more than two or three of the stats, I dare state a list like this relative to possible caps:

Code: Select all

< 80%   : crap
  80% - 90%   : decent
  90% - 95%   : good
  95% - 96.2% : great
96.2% - 100%  : excellent
100%          : awesome, cannot get better
The odd number 96.2% is from the fact that there is an Expertize that can "refine" the resource with 4% and 962 * 1.04 > 1000. It is under debate whether SOE lazily added a hard coded number of 40 rather than the factor of 1.04, which, if true, would give 960 as the magic number since 960 + 40 >= 1000.

Remember that it is the weighed average of all resources that counts, not just one, so a "good" resource" can be "helped" by an "excellent" resource. More on that in the beginners guide though.

Stats are used differently in different schematics and in many cases some stats are totally omitted and can be whatever. That is, to really know if a good resource is great or not you must know 1) if it is actually used in any schematics, 2) which stats the schematics really call for, and 3) each stat's cap.

Why I love crafting? Yeah, the small details and that there is always something more to learn and/or think of. :D

/Zimoon

Fracture
Novice Crafter

Post by Fracture » Fri Feb 29, 2008 10:40 pm

Man... thats two awesome posts. I'll come by more frequently with questions that i got no clue about, and remember to put em in the right forum. :lol:

/hug
/cheer
/wave

PS: Also found out that i could make an alt on the same server, which i did not know about, and made it into a Trader. So! I'll probably edit more of the current Minerals/chem/etc's quality, on this site :)

Regards

Fracture.