Lubricating Oil Issue with ...

Submit ideas and suggestions on how we display, catalogue and export the resources.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Jhaerel
Novice Crafter

Lubricating Oil Issue with ...

Post by Jhaerel » Fri Nov 30, 2007 4:51 am

Hey Zim,

I was just looking at the page here:

EDITED: Files now found at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/swgresourcefiles

And noticed that in the xml, the DR caps for Lubricating Oil were 1 to 730, yet on the html output, they are 1-1000. It seems that it *should* be 1-1000 in the xml as well? (Just going off the fact that there seem to be lubricating oils over 730 on swgcraft)

Jh
Last edited by Zimoon on Sat Feb 02, 2008 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: new URL

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:29 pm

I am in the midst of an overhaul of the XML file. For some odd reason it seems as I have mixed up an old and a new file, otherwise I cannot explain some errs that is in it. Luckily they are really few.

Thanks for posting your observation though, appreciate it, since it gives me a reason to triple check those resource classes.

/Z

Jhaerel
Novice Crafter

Post by Jhaerel » Fri Nov 30, 2007 6:48 pm

I've just been building a resource tracking program, so that's why I'm finding these...

I'm using your resource tree xml to populate a treeview with all the resource classes, and at the same time populate a datatable with a parse of the type id's and min/max values.

I use the parsed type id's (like egy_regy_nregy_seg_coseg) to add an entry to each resource in the resource list... each node in the resource tree has an associated tag with the parsed id up to that tag, such as egy_regy_nregy is the tag for non renewable energy. Then, when I click on that node, it can filter the DataView for the grid display using "frid LIKE %egy_regy_nregy%" (frid is fixed resource id), and it will automatically filter the resources that contain egy_regy_nregy in their fixed type ID field. It's working pretty slick already.

I've also added to that ToolTipText's, so that when you hover over a resource type (even a non-leaf node) it gives a popup showing the caps for each stat.

I've also added tooltip popups to each field in the datagrid that holds a number, so if you hover over, for example, Corellian Solar Renewable Energy, the popup will show the cap on PE as "Cap: 200-600, Calc: xx%"

I've created my treeview with checkbox capability... my ultimate goal is to be able to check off multiple resources in the tree, enter a filter criteria at the bottom, and save the filter into a listbox at the top of the treeview. You will then be able to pick filters from this list to get exactly what you want (for example, Dantooine Fiberplast and Metals with OQ over 70% (based on either cap or out of 1000, depending on the selection of a checkbox)... I plan to do this by having the treeview automatically parse a filter condition (ex "frid LIKE %ino_met% OR frid LIKE %ino_chm_fib_dnfib"), so that as you click in checkboxes on the tree, it will automatically include those in your filter.

Anyways, long story short, I'm catching the xml errors because my datagrid is showing the % of cap, and I'm getting entries that are outside cap... I then double check them against swgcraft.co.uk and your html based cap file to see where the discrepancy is. (I have noticed one resource that actually is outside it's known cap, meaning the swgcraft entry is wrong, so I will fix it when I get a chance).

Jh

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:21 pm

Mainly it is the XML file I work with at the moment. The HTML file was a brute mock-up file I did once and I know it's not accurate, should take it down actually.
/Z

Jhaerel
Novice Crafter

Post by Jhaerel » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:43 pm

Don't think it would be that hard to generate an html file from the xml file... I might write a simple program that does that...

I was working on parsing out caps yesterday, and ran across another key thing... You shouldn't just use the index of the attributes to access them. You should always use them name of the attribute. I ran into this when I was parsing caps, and suddenly it stopped working at the creature resources. I looked closely at them, and found out that they have an additional attrib (harvestable) before the min/max values. I changed my code to us the actual attrib names instead of the index ( like attrib["oq_min"] instead of attrib[5] ) and it worked much better, but harder to loop through in a for loop.

Jh

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Nov 30, 2007 11:18 pm

Yes, XML is designed that way, to use the name of the entities, attributes and whatever. Hard coded parsing is not reliable with any XML and is not the proper way of managing XML. In fact, a validated XML can have their attributes or entities reordered in any order whatsoever and still not break the validation. Thence the w3c has done a good job designing XML and the *ML built on it :)

The proper way of viewing an XML is to consider it a blob that can contain certain elements, specified in its XDT or whatever. To get them you must call them by name.

/Z
Last edited by Zimoon on Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jhaerel
Novice Crafter

Post by Jhaerel » Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:07 am

Yeah, i have been learning that... first time working with XML.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Lubricating Oil Issue with ...

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:38 pm

Jhaerel wrote:Hey Zim,

I was just looking at the page here:...

And noticed that in the xml, the DR caps for Lubricating Oil were 1 to 730, yet on the html output, they are 1-1000. It seems that it *should* be 1-1000 in the xml as well? (Just going off the fact that there seem to be lubricating oils over 730 on swgcraft)
Thanks for noticing the issue with Lubricating Oil, it was in error. The correct values for Lubricating Oil should be:
DR = 1 - 1000
OQ = 1 - 1000
and nothing else.

I am done with checking the min/max caps and found some minor issues, only one error on max, but a few for min caps (which we don't use anyway).

Now I will just check up some Creature Resource names with the 30k Vet Crate Reward before publish the updated file which should be 100 % accurate (I wish), cross checked from inside out, outside in, from top to bottom and bottom to top. It takes its time, there are 816 resources all in all, the parent classes and recycled classes included.

I will post as soon as the new file is up. For now Slybuno can rectify the Lub Oil unless already done :)

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:45 pm

I think we already did some time ago (http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/resource_info.php?res=64)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Lubricating Oil Issue with ...

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:10 pm

Zimoon wrote:... unless already done :)
I have now verified the names I had listed, they are consistent with the 30k Vet Reward Crate. Since Creature Resources cannot be tracked by ISDroids I will settle with this. There are inconsistencies in how SOE names things so I stick to the 30k crate then.

I just uploaded the updated the resourcetree.xml file and anybody may use it as they please. Looking forward to any bug reports and promise a Beer in Mos Eisley Cantina (Gorath) for every report :)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:14 pm

In some other thread, I have forgotten which one, I mentioned I would perhaps add a JTL tag to the XML file. I decided not to, as it should be sufficient enough to have the proper caps.

Notice then, the rules are:

Any schematic use the cap for the resource the slot calls for.
If a resource is JTL it may surpass the "parent" cap, which will give a 100% perfect resource.
In any lists each resource's cap should be used, not its parent's cap, JTL or not.

/Zimoon

Jhaerel
Novice Crafter

Post by Jhaerel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:10 pm

So resource min caps aren't used at all?

Like if I'm showing how "good" resource is within it's caps, should I consider 1 to max, or min to max, and show it's percentage between those?

I'm thinking it's percentage between min and max for that purpose.

Jh

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:22 pm

Jhaerel wrote:So resource min caps aren't used at all?

Like if I'm showing how "good" resource is within it's caps, should I consider 1 to max, or min to max, and show it's percentage between those?

I'm thinking it's percentage between min and max for that purpose.
Min caps are not considered in the crafting process, not at all. About 2½ years back SOE tried but quickly took it back.

Of course the lower cap has some meaning, a high min cap grants a good stat always, such as for Cl 7 Radioactive. You know beforehand that it will spawn with high PE. Thence, whenever you see a Cl 7 Radio you can pull out you Fusion Harvies no matter what, unless you are already well stocked. The same holds for Mustafar, if you need high level Metal, any Metal, and need it quick, have a trip there and most often it will be good enough.

But in crafting, no!

/Zimoon

Jhaerel
Novice Crafter

Post by Jhaerel » Sun Dec 02, 2007 7:43 pm

So is the max cap used in calculations for crafting? Like if the max cap on the OQ on something is 800 (just an example) and I have some of that with OQ 800, is it worth 80% for crafting or 100%?

Jh

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:41 pm

Yes, sometimes it is, but not always.

You want to read Chapter 8 - Power Crafting in the Beginners Guide for Traders which has a quite deep discussion in the topic as well as several examples.

/Z