Resource Viewing

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Resource Viewing

Post by thegreywolfe » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:34 pm

I know there is stuff going in for the resource searching tools, but I've got a question about the currently available display. Is there anyway we can have the system add a percentage next to the score to show what percentage of the highest possible the stat is?

i.e.

Krasokepie, Ditanium Steel (Entered By SWGCraft Parser / Not Verified) (Unavailable)
CR=477 26.88%, CD=465 97.76%, DR=801 12.80%, HR=858 19.20%, MA=285 36.48%, OQ=945* 94.40%, SR=859 59.20%, UT=778 34.56%

Being able to find it on the search will be great and I look forward to it, but seeing them on the current available would be wonderful and help miners in determining which resource will be most worth their time.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Sep 18, 2007 6:34 am

You sir are a genius, this may be the most intellegent suggestion I have ever seen on this site. :idea:

Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla » Tue Sep 18, 2007 10:41 am

Savacc wrote:You sir are a genius, this may be the most intellegent suggestion I have ever seen on this site. :idea:
I concur, adding some sort of indication of the stat cap would be awesome. I think quite a few crafters are confused about stat caps (e.g. why the conductivity of plumbum iron never gets higher than two-digit values) so adding a percentage value next to the single stat figures and a short explanation at the top of the page about resource caps would be very useful.

LunAnder
Novice Crafter

Post by LunAnder » Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:38 pm

When i was developing my resource manager i used graphical bars showing the percentage of the stat cap. That way you could browse a lot of resources and immediately spot good ones.
Here's an example:

I was about to implement the statbars to also reflect a certain schematic - that way you could spot resources for a particular schematic based on the statcaps. You would also have a user 'storageroom' where users could manage the amounts of specific resources they had in game.

Sadly i never got around to do it before my gaming time in SWG dropped to a minimum :(
I really like how the new SWGCraft project is coming along. Keep it up guys!

/Lun

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:09 pm

Savacc wrote:You sir are a genius, this may be the most intellegent suggestion I have ever seen on this site. :idea:
Thanks, this would help a lot. I though about using the export of all the resources and working together an excel database to do it for me, but I got to thinking and decided that a tool here would be a lot more usefull for everyone. And looking at LunAnder's post in this thread, will there be a tool once the schematics are all in, that could be used to pull say the ten best resources ever on your server for the schematic?

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Resource Viewing

Post by Sobuno » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:27 pm

thegreywolfe wrote:I know there is stuff going in for the resource searching tools, but I've got a question about the currently available display. Is there anyway we can have the system add a percentage next to the score to show what percentage of the highest possible the stat is?

i.e.

Krasokepie, Ditanium Steel (Entered By SWGCraft Parser / Not Verified) (Unavailable)
CR=477 26.88%, CD=465 97.76%, DR=801 12.80%, HR=858 19.20%, MA=285 36.48%, OQ=945* 94.40%, SR=859 59.20%, UT=778 34.56%

Being able to find it on the search will be great and I look forward to it, but seeing them on the current available would be wonderful and help miners in determining which resource will be most worth their time.
I will look into this when I get the time (This weekend hopefully)

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Re: Resource Viewing

Post by thegreywolfe » Thu Sep 20, 2007 9:41 pm

Sobuno wrote:
thegreywolfe wrote:I know there is stuff going in for the resource searching tools, but I've got a question about the currently available display. Is there anyway we can have the system add a percentage next to the score to show what percentage of the highest possible the stat is?

i.e.

I will look into this when I get the time (This weekend hopefully)
Excellent, appreciate it man.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Sep 21, 2007 3:43 pm

Percentages added now, might look into making it toggleable in profile settings or so

Percentages are based on the data for max caps we have. If you feel they are incorrect, please tell us so :) Any resource we don't have a max cap for has the assumed max cap of 1000

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:51 pm

Sobuno wrote:Percentages added now, might look into making it toggleable in profile settings or so

Percentages are based on the data for max caps we have. If you feel they are incorrect, please tell us so :) Any resource we don't have a max cap for has the assumed max cap of 1000
If you have the max cap from the XML file at
EDITED: Files now found at http://simongronlund.googlepages.com/swgresourcefiles
you should be safe, I only have two outstanding issues but they do not affect the caps.

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:03 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Percentages added now, might look into making it toggleable in profile settings or so

If you have the max cap from the XML file at ... you should be safe, I only have two outstanding issues but they do not affect the caps.

/Z
Can't remember where we got them from, was one of the first thing I remember parsing into our database format. I might just import the min caps one of the days though, I don't see any use for it atm however...

Currently looking at making some resource data interface (SOAP I'd guess) as you suggested back in May

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:28 pm

Sobuno wrote:Currently looking at making some resource data interface (SOAP I'd guess) as you suggested back in May
Sounds great, I have no personal experience with SOAP, yet, but I guess I am capable of learning. Will look into it and see what I think.

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:43 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Currently looking at making some resource data interface (SOAP I'd guess) as you suggested back in May
Sounds great, I have no personal experience with SOAP, yet, but I guess I am capable of learning. Will look into it and see what I think.

/Z
Well, I don't know much of SOAP either so if you have any other suggestions I might be open to them.

The SOAP class I've gotten is NuSOAP... Dunno if it makes any difference what class it is

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Sep 23, 2007 12:30 am

http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/soap/server.php

You should be able to see which functions that are currently supported on that page

Heris
Novice Crafter

Post by Heris » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:22 pm

I was wondering if its possible to list the stats of items vertically instead of horizontally. Yes, it does take up more screen space per item, but it would match the in-game view a little bit and be much faster to read.

Just a suggestion. (ex:)

CR=477 26.88%
CD=465 97.76%
DR=801 12.80%
HR=858 19.20%
MA=285 36.48%
OQ=945* 94.40%
SR=859 59.20%
UT=778 34.56%

Thanks for your time and awesome job so far on this project!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Sep 23, 2007 5:34 pm

I believe this falls in the category that was proposed earlier, introduce skins that users can choose from :)

/Z