SWGCraft Parser

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Ghejoeq
Novice Crafter

SWGCraft Parser

Post by Ghejoeq » Sat Apr 09, 2016 7:41 pm

When I see this as the supplier (i.e. almost always) where is this information coming from?
Is it direct from the server in question?
Is it from other apps? In which case why is the actual person not credited?

I wrote and ran tgcraft.com when swgcraft.co.uk was still only doing nge
When you switch over I handed over all my info to sobuno who then ignored me as if it never happened. No worries - those were fractious times, with swgemu and swganh and the java team too.
I shared my info with all of them as I spent two years working on it with all three teams.
But tgcraft.com was a going thing at the time and I know and see the reason behind single-point or shared-point data now as the data is thin.
So I'm not trying to develop tgcraft.com
Your site is and should be the GOTO site.

And hope you like swgcraft.org - I was rubbish as the previous owner and didn't promote it as the game was in a bit of a lull at the time - silly me
I think I owned org and net - can't remember

anyway you guys are doing a great job of it
I'm learning the navigation.

Anyway - my original question.... Where is this SWGCraft Parser parsing infometion FROM? SWGAide? I can't get it to work :(
And why not credit the name of the person? I guess it must be scrapped form some other source... ?

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: SWGCraft Parser

Post by Savacc » Sun Apr 10, 2016 1:58 am

That depends. Right now, I believe the only feed we are getting is from GH. However the "SWGCraft Parser" could be any resource feed from any source. For a while, SWGChoice was giving us a resource dump and that was reported as being submitted by "SWGCraft Parser". Any server that wanted to use the format SWGChoice did, or make their own, is welcome.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon Apr 11, 2016 4:14 pm

I never actually used the database dump you sent me back then, but I am sorry for not responding back to you - the mail must have hit at a busy time.

The SWGCraft Parser is indeed currently only data from GH. Data from SWGAide is listed just like data input through the website. Crediting the user on GH would mean we would have to create "ghost" profiles for the user in question, which is not something we want to do.

Ghejoeq
Novice Crafter

Post by Ghejoeq » Fri Apr 15, 2016 12:33 pm

No worries Sobuno. As you say, it was a busy time for you guys as you'd just decided to cover the pre-CU stuff and there was, I expect, a huge amount of writing to be done.

Keep up the great work. And thanks both.

I actually have no idea what 'GH' is but I get the idea :)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri Apr 15, 2016 10:35 pm

Ghejoeq wrote:I actually have no idea what 'GH' is but I get the idea :)
Wow, sorry about that, I usually try to not speak over people's heads if I can.

Galaxy Harvester http://galaxyharvester.net/ghHome.py is a resource reporting website identical in mission to SWGCraft, but with a different format. Quite honestly, it arose after we here at SWGCraft refused to support the Emu. At the time, we did not want to jeopardize our relationship with LA/SOE (we did not want to do anything to piss them off). After SOE shut down SWG. It was decided that SWGCraft would continue and change to support any Emu. GH had been the resource site for the Emu for years. SWGCraft came late to the Emu party.