Chef Noob questions

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Chef Expertise.

Moderators: Onyx, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Qa'Si
Novice Crafter

Chef Noob questions

Post by Qa'Si » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:17 am

Hi I posted this on the old forum, I did'nt know about this one:) So I reposted here.

Ok, I am grinding a crafter to respec to chef once I hit 90. I have a couple of questions.

1. Regarding the stuff required to make it that is can be gathered using harvesters, What are the server best resources. I understand how to use this website to see where things can be found but how do I know what ones are the best for what I am trying to craft?

2. Regarding hides, bones, Milk, non harvesting items. How do you know what creatures produce the best stuff and where to find them?

3. I am confused with this tissue and additives. Are these things I can make? IF so How? Again how do I know what are the best resources to collect ?

4. What is a good template for Chef? I would like to be self sufficent as possible. I like to be able to make caped foods.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 29, 2007 1:37 pm

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Aug 29, 2007 7:19 pm

Qu'Si,
Its not necessary to post the exact same questions on this site as the old one. Ild say nearly every single registered user here, came from the old site and still still checks the forums of the old site.
The real advantage of asking a question here would be that the people here are more likely to still play the game and be currently involved in it.
The old site has a much larger user base and many of them no longer play SWG, but still stay invloved in discussions about it.

Your question 2 tells me you dont quite understand resources yet. Creature resources (meat, hide, bones, milk) follow some of the same rules that resources harvested from the ground do. All resources have unique names and stats that last only a short time before a new resource with a new name and set of stats appears. This is true whether its steel, water, hides or milk. "Slurpy" a Naboo Domesticated Milk, may be the best milk ever to spawn, but its only going to last a couple weeks before it is replaced by "Drippy" which could have terrible stats. So anytime a great resource spawns, you must get all that you can before its gone.

You ask several times "what the best resource to use is". Someone on your server could tell you, "this is the best milk we have ever had, this is the best wheat, and this is the best water" (or you could search the data bases or a 30k resource deed to find them), but the way things work, a new resource could spawn anytime that could be better, or work just as well.

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:29 am

With the expertise allowing up to 4% increase in resource stats, any resource stat with a 962 or greater in the stat(s) you need will be "perfect" for the job at hand. (at least if you spec for it). At this point in time one cannot craft an item with a greater than 100% in an experiment line. And unless things have changed, there will be no way for you to get 100% in an experiment line if the stats of your materials aren't "perfect". There are some items that require resources that have a resource stat cap of less than 1000, and in most of those cases SOE has changed the calculation to reflect the lower cap. For example, lets say a recipe calls for besillious copper, and the recipe's efectiveness line says 100% UT. Of course besillious copper only has a maximum potential UT of only 800. So, if you get some 800 UT besillious copper, then you will be able to craft a perfect item. And now the hinky bit. with the resource qualtiy enhancements in expertise you'd need to find some besillious copper with a UT of 770 or greater to reach the "perfect" pinnacle.

And for some reason typing "Perfect" is reminding me of an old SNL commercial... "to show you how smooth the ride is in our new car, we're going to circumcise this baby while driving over this horrendously bumpy road. *tink* *waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!* Purrrrrrfect" I really need a vacation.

Qa'Si
Novice Crafter

Post by Qa'Si » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:31 am

Thanks for the info sorry for the double post. :)