Puzzled with Top Contributors List data

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

UrBob
Novice Crafter

Puzzled with Top Contributors List data

Post by UrBob » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:04 pm

I just got around to looking at the Top Contributors link from the Current Resources page. Was a little surprised to find that I'm listed in the top five contributors (for Mustafar on FarStar), as I didn't think I had made that many contributions, then I looked at the grid of data and saw the column Available (No Stats).
Now, I do think that in the past I submitted at least one resource with no stats, and then updated it a short while later, but that was weeks ago.
For Mustafar, in the last hour I:
Submitted 2 new resources with stats.
Marked 2 resources unavailable.
The grid says that I have submitted: Available 2, Available No Stats 2, Updated Stats 0, Unavaliable 2.
I don't know where the Available No Stats come from, or how to find them if they exist. Oh, and everyone else on Mustafar has the same data in both the Available and Available No Stats columns.
Thanks

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Puzzled with Top Contributors List data

Post by Sobuno » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:00 pm

Resource Entry (With Stats) aka. the Available column increases whenever you input a resource along with its stats.
Resource Entry (Without Stats) aka. the Available (No stats) column increases when you input a resource without its stats and when you add a resource to a new location.

A new resource entry for a resource that hasn't been in the system before has two main steps:
  1. Add the resource entry itself; the name, class, stats, spawn-date, who added it etc. are recorded here and your contribution is logged as either Resource Entry (With Stats) or Resource Entry (Without Stats)
  2. Add the data for the specific planet the resource was added on; the time it was added, what planet it was added to and who added it are recorded here and your contribution is logged as Resource Entry (Without stats)
The net effect will thus be either 1x Resource Entry (With Stats) + 1x Resource Entry (Without Stats) or 2x Resource Entry (Without Stats).

The Available column and the Available (No Stats) column won't always match up; if someone enters a resource without stats, they will suddenly have a higher number in Available (No Stats) than in Available. Likewise, if someone else adds a multi-planet resource to another planet and you then add it to Mustafar, you will only recieve a Resource Entry (Without Stats), thus only increasing Available (No Stats). Also, you could do the initial resource entry, but to another planet, and someone else then comes along and snags the resource entry for Mustafar = Your Available column increases by one and his Available (No Stats) increases by one when looking at the Mustafar Contributors page. When looking at the global page, that does not matter.

It's just a tool to see who contributes a bit and everyone is treated the same way (Except the poor user with the id 124, but he/she/it deserves it) :)

UrBob
Novice Crafter

Re: Puzzled with Top Contributors List data

Post by UrBob » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:41 pm

Pelucid!
Thanks