Weights

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

zaca
Novice Crafter

Weights

Post by zaca » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:29 pm

Hello.
Is there a way to search for a reosurce usage by % weight? Like if I see a Polymer with high 900 UT and 800 OQ I don't know off hand if it is of use for something and thus worth mining. I am looking at the recently updated page or the current resource spawn page. I know Orske's site would tell you what it can be used for etc. Just wondering if there was a way here to see/find such info.

And I was wondering if there might be a way to have users submit say a checkmark/flag next to a new resource that they can let other people know that they think it's worth mining? I know that that would help me a great deal. Or somehow to say here is a checkmark and there is another box or boxes checked for AS and WS or a box saying it's worth harvesting for Structures? Ideas?

Thanks.
zaca

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Weights

Post by Zbignew » Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:59 pm

- Fiberplast

Etebri, Corellia Fiberplast (drkknight33) (Edit Stats) (Unavailable)
ER CR CD DR FL HR MA PE OQ SR UT
- - - 718 - - 804 - 515 752 710
- - - 71.8% - - 80.4% - 51.5% 75.2% 71%
» Corellia 9 h ago (Drkknigh..)

Canod, Dantooine Fiberplast (drkknight33) (Edit Stats) (Unavailable)
ER CR CD DR FL HR MA PE OQ SR UT
- - - 335 - - 470 - 641 698 572
- - - 33.5% - - 47% - 64.1% 69.8% 57.2%

This is copied from the 'current resources' page. if you were to click on 'Corellia Fiberplast' on that page, it will list all schematics known to use that resource. What it won't tell you is what schematics that use any fiberplast can use the Corellia fiberplast. With Polymers, since there are no subcatagories, you can just get a list of all schematics that use Polymer.
As far as what's good to harvest, that comes with experience and watching the trade forums. Generally speaking, if you see a lot of red stats, go for it!!

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:04 pm

There's the Experimental Percentages on the Find Resources page: http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/find_resources.php

zaca
Novice Crafter

Post by zaca » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:53 pm

Thanks. I try and keep track of the Beast Master resources, but as far as AS/WS I have no clue what to look for to harvest. I use the experimental page and have all my searches saved as favorites, but was hoping there was another way to keep tabs on resources I wouldn't normally harvest, but that would sell for high cpu. I know wuggy on starsider keeps a thread going, but was hoping to get a jump on that by persuing this site.

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:59 pm

I recommend trying the SWGAide. I've recently started using it and it helps greatly once you put in some 'guards' and there are AS/WS guards available to just plug in. It will tell you whenever anything is of a better quality than the preset values shows up.

For BM, if you set up the guards using your current supplies, it will tell you when anything better spawns. Saves me a ton of time.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:25 am

Welcome to SWGCraft, zaca, a late but warm welcome :D

Yes, crafting is SWGCraft is so great, so deep, so vast , that it sometimes becomes intimidating: where to start, what to do, what to harvest, and so forth. But, in the end it is awesome and I guess you will never run out of small projects and things to pander to. BM equipment is a good project, a tad resource hungry though and always requires the best, but pricing with some sense and you will do just fine :)

SWGAide is an open-source utility, my signature, and we are always welcoming developers and/or people that can help with other tasks. It cooperates with SWGCraft in several ways and it is supporting you in updating SWGCraft in a few different ways. More ideas are welcomed but better done in the forum board for 3rd party tools.

Good luck

/Zimoon