Historical Resources / Adding them properly

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

solarisjedi
Novice Crafter

Historical Resources / Adding them properly

Post by solarisjedi » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:46 pm

I've noticed recently some folks adding historical resources using the normal method for something currently in spawn, then attempting to mark them immediately unavailable.

Please don't do this!! It triggers peoples guards and could wind up in a data export as a current spawn before you mark it unavailable.

There is a form for adding historical resources here: http://swgcraft.org/dev/add_old_resources.php

If using SWGAide, it also has historical ability in the submit resources tab, make sure the "Historical" box is ticked before submitting any old resource.

Cheers

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Historical Resources / Adding them properly

Post by Savacc » Wed Nov 29, 2017 7:04 am

You are 100% correct, Solarisjedi, and I am glad you have told people the way we would like to see historical, or out-of-spawn resources reported. However, a part of me is just happy to see anyone trying to keep our databases up to date and accurate, even if they are not quite doing it right.
Keep up the good work people. Without you this site has no purpose or usefulness.

solarisjedi
Novice Crafter

Re: Historical Resources / Adding them properly

Post by solarisjedi » Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:45 pm

Yes I am happy that they are adding them too, was just hoping they might see this and use the right form. I don't want to name names because I'm thankful that they are adding them to the database. A couple times now I've had a guard go off on a really great resource, I go in game to find it's from an ancient spawn LOL