I'm a 5+yr veteran of this game. Done pretty much every profession...both new and old. However, more than anything else, I love crafting. The only crafting profession that I found to be a pain in the @## was armorsmith. And from my perspective when I did that profession (we were only allowed one toon per server back in those days) getting your hands on good quality hides/bone was too tough. Of course, I did find the occasional Ranger who would round me up some materials. Sorry, didn't mean to ramble.
Milk. Does a body good and all that jazz. It also does your Deneelian Fizz Pudding good too. I used to enjoy playing a Ranger...getting those creature resources was always a lot of fun. And although Ranger is gone, I decided to try my hand at the Domestic Profession-Chef mostly. Getting hides/meat/bone is pretty easy: a +120 harvester droid, a combat toon, and some decent vegash (at least +30) and you're gonna have 100-200k of whatever you're hunting in no time. But milk...ahhh milk...another story.
The reason I'm posting this is because although I've played this game for a long time, it was the one area I had no clue how to do well. Milking is easy. Finding the right critters that give you the milk you're looking for can be a horrible gaming experience.
For instance: you find out there's a spawn of 900+OQ and 699 PE wild milk on Endor. That's good stuff! I want a whole bunch to make my pudding! But...how? After a little internet research (and some trial and error...not every piece of information you find is accurate), I decided to try finding some Bolle Bol's and Swirl Prongs. Thankfully, you can get missions for them at the mission terminals. But after some more trial and error, I decided to go straight for Swirl Prong Lairs. Ok, so I travel to the lair. What now, you ask? Why, you milk the 2-3 critters outside the lair. Ok, that's done. So I kill those critters and tap the lair. Only now, the new critters move around a lot and milking is an experience that ranks up there with removing bullets from my tushie.
So...the purpose of my post. A simple, yet effective means by which to milk those critters and get large quantites in a short period of time.
Method: (I'll keep using Endor as my example)
- Get 2 swirl prong missions (NOT the impalers...cannot milk them)
- Go to mission WP 1 and milk the 2-3 critters outside the lair (they're easy...THEY DO NOT MOVE)...search the lair if you are looking for eggs...
- after milking and searching, ABORT the mission, and set a waypoint at that spot.
- Go to mission WP 2 and repeat that process.
- After that, continue getting those missions, milking, aborting and setting your own waypoints...do this until you have 12-14 waypoints active
- Those lairs will remain active for a few days (I could be wrong on this, but in my experience, the servers tend to reset aborted and static lairs on Thursdays)
- Now, the best part: You can milk all those critters on average every 2 hours. I've tried this and tested it myself (I wondered how long until they regenerate their milk) Using this process, I managed to get my hands on 20k milk in about 6 hours...each time I logged on, it took me about 20-30 minutes to travel to all the wp's and milk all the critters.