News on Droid Commander and more

Comments on the latest news about crafting and Star Wars Galaxies.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

News on Droid Commander and more

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 06, 2008 6:44 am

Massively.com interviews Star Wars Galaxies producer Lorin "DeadMeat" Jameson, and Droid Commander is mentioned:
Recently there was a reference by a player on the boards to the concept of a "Droid Commander", with the official response from your team being that it's on the table for later this year. Would this be something similar to the Beast training system, only with droids? Can you elaborate on what it might include and when we might see it?

LJ: We have wanted to revisit the droid system and add Droid Commander to the game since last year. While not exactly like Beast Master, since building droids would still be the responsibility of droid engineers, it would share some aspects. Like Beast Master it will involve choices. To be a powerful Droid Commander you will have to sacrifice expertise in your profession. But also as with Beast Master, a high-level Droid Commander will have a lot of powerful options.
There was more to read as well :)

Credits to RasalTheWise for the heads up.

Cheers

/Zimoon

Cerceuil
Forum Moderator

Re: News on Droid Commander and more

Post by Cerceuil » Wed May 14, 2008 1:49 am

for it to be as viable as Beast Master...they will have to allow droids to "level" up to 90.
in fact, it appears they will have to re-work the entire droid crafting process as well as offer more than just two standard battle droids. battle droids and droidekas are the only two that can get to 60. I would have thought that Probots would be able to take battle clusters, but, meh.

Feralmonkey
Artisan Forum Moderator

Post by Feralmonkey » Sat May 24, 2008 1:27 am

It depends on how they do it, it is possible that expertise points will grant your droids 30 extra levels (I really actually see this). What would be fun is if you can call more then one droid as well, hehee
Kerrimumykamm Former Master Jedi Ahazi
Feralmonkey Former Master Domestics Ahazi

Feralmonkey play tester of Basilisk on the EMU
Feralmonkey Master Rifles but doing the Hologrind on Exile of the EMU

I helped uncover the Stormtubber plot with Eevaa

busymalla
Novice Crafter

Post by busymalla » Sun May 25, 2008 2:41 am

I don't know, I still see some sort of leveling process with Droid Commander; if all a person has to do is put some expertise points into leveling a droid to 90 then I see Beast Master's popularity waning somewhat.