Wishlist/Ideas thread for SWGAide Resource thingamabob

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Wishlist/Ideas thread for SWGAide Resource thingamabob

Post by Rommel » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:38 pm

This thread is to discuss ideas for the next upgrade to SWGAide, The Resource Tab.
Zimoon wrote:I am slowly adding the framework for next upgrade which is a Resource tab. It will show "current resources" as well as "depleted resources", support for harvesters, a "my resources inventory". Filters and guards will be added, feature-wise very similar as MyRes (credits to Wendano) but perhaps not exactly the same GUI looks, I haven't decided on that yet.

/Zimoon
I will try and keep the OP updated with a list of ideas people have.

Like MyRes but better. ;p
  • A plotting feature so people can import their hot spot waypoints and keep them logged forever (No Sharing*).
    Possible /note syntax

Code: Select all

Planet,X,Y,Resource Name
    Then when imported it can add the stats info for the resource named.
    Also a right-click menu option to add via dialog.
  • Master Resource Database, A file is kept that keeps every resource's info locally from updates. I'm not sure what kind of performance hit this could cause over time as it grows. It might be best to only access this when using a search/browse so it isn't always called.
  • Current/Recent Resource Database, This is like the above but only keeps resources for a user specified amount of time and then they are dropped to the Master Resource Database. Resources that deplete but haven't been dropped from this list yet have a some sort of UI color/placement change so the user can easily tell what depleted.
  • SWGCraft.co.uk resource database query feature, so user can query the sites database and optionally add a found resource to their local Master Resource Database.
  • Resource Monitor/Alarm/Filter
  • Resource Highlighting
  • Schematic filtering, like MyRes but better. Not only can you filter resources by schematic but also show how much of each resource it takes and possibly a input box where the user can enter how many he wants to make and see how much of each resource it will take.
  • Harvester calculators, the user right-clicks a resource and selects from the menu and inputs The concentration/actual rate, if they have the 5,30 or 35% buff, the BER of the harvester, and how many. Maybe make ti so they can add multiples if they have a mix of BER's.
  • Resource Inventory, The user can add via dialog or note syntax. Either way the user can search their Master Resource Database for the stats or if it doesn't show up there query the SWGCraft.co.uk site.
    Possible /note syntax

Code: Select all

Resource Name, Amount, Type, Stats
  • MyRes inventory import
  • Age box changes colors based on estimated end rules
*Sharing
I think the next major thing added should be an ability to collaborate between a few users, either vis FTP, E-mail, or some other way of getting 2 or more users data sync'd, for all those business partners out there.

I have run out of ideas for now...luck you.
I'll try and make up some visual images to help see what I mean on some of these.
Last edited by Rommel on Sat May 17, 2008 12:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Ideas thread for SWGAide Resource thingamabob

Post by Zimoon » Fri Mar 21, 2008 8:44 pm

Watching ;)
/Zimoon

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:50 am

I finally got my act in gear and download your tool. I have only poked around a tiny bit, but I expect to do quite a bit more poking over the next couple of days. I was looking over the statistics page, and I didn't notice a place where one could manually input a date range. I was also curious if there was a reporting and/or filter feature as well. Say if I wanted to pull a sales report for the month of February or something. And yes more questions, can one manually organize the items sold for ease of viewing? (for example right now the pet foods are all over the place interspersed with all of my other sale items, as they are defaulting to sorting alphabetically)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 25, 2008 2:13 pm

TradeMaster wrote:I finally got my act in gear and download your tool. I have only poked around a tiny bit, but I expect to do quite a bit more poking over the next couple of days. I was looking over the statistics page, and I didn't notice a place where one could manually input a date range. I was also curious if there was a reporting and/or filter feature as well. Say if I wanted to pull a sales report for the month of February or something. And yes more questions, can one manually organize the items sold for ease of viewing? (for example right now the pet foods are all over the place interspersed with all of my other sale items, as they are defaulting to sorting alphabetically)
A mix of enhancement requests and questions ;)

Consider this version a first version with plenty of room for enhancements, date ranges are among these. You can of course write everything to CSV file and import into your favorite spread sheet.

To "group" for example BM foods you sort the columns, any column.

I watch this thread and if something is really easy it will be added soonish, if not it will remain at this "backlog" :)

/Zimoon

TimeLorde
Novice Crafter

Post by TimeLorde » Wed Mar 26, 2008 5:25 am

Ability to input resources to personal inventory in bulk, in a field, in exactly the same manner as entering into swgcraft. I would love to be able to copy and paste from an ingame note file in the format familiar to anyone who has ever added to the swgcraft database.

Ability to input resource name and class with empty sets for stats (adivo, duralloy) and have it check database for stats. Ability to filter inventory for statless resource so you can copy/paste a list so you can retrieve stats ingame and copy paste back to update.

Color coding quality in relation to resource caps. This is an awesome feature with .uk! If that is beyond scope, then maybe have stat cap listed parenthetically below the resource stat. Many times Ive been excited by an oq only to find the cd or ut makes it junk for the slot I wanted to fill.

Links to schematic info from .uk?
Can it make me a sandwich?

heheh.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:26 pm

TimeLorde wrote:Ability to input resources to personal inventory in bulk, in a field, in exactly the same manner as entering into swgcraft. I would love to be able to copy and paste from an ingame note file in the format familiar to anyone who has ever added to the swgcraft database.

Ability to input resource name and class with empty sets for stats (adivo, duralloy) and have it check database for stats. Ability to filter inventory for statless resource so you can copy/paste a list so you can retrieve stats ingame and copy paste back to update.

Color coding quality in relation to resource caps. This is an awesome feature with .uk! If that is beyond scope, then maybe have stat cap listed parenthetically below the resource stat. Many times Ive been excited by an oq only to find the cd or ut makes it junk for the slot I wanted to fill.

Links to schematic info from .uk?
Can it make me a sandwich?

heheh.
I think the ability to input stats against the ISD data in a way that could then be imported to the swgcraft site would make it more useful to me as I have a horrible connection to the site.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:51 am

Monty Burns wrote:I think the ability to input stats against the ISD data in a way that could then be imported to the swgcraft site would make it more useful to me as I have a horrible connection to the site.
I may interpret you incorrect but if you said what I think you said you can just copy everything between the swgcraft_start and swgcraft_end, the two delimiters included, and paste it into the SWGCraft text input field for the appropriate planet. It works exactly the same at this site and at the old site. The input field is bottommost at each Current Resources for the appropriate planet.

If what I thought you said was not what you thought you said or ought to say, please elaborate a bit on how you mean ;)

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:00 am

For the most part I have no idea what I am talking about, if they moved the power button on my computer you would probably never see me again.

:P

Anyway what I am talking about is being able to build a file off line (easily) using data from ISD's and hand obtained stats that can be used to update this site, think of it as an offline version of the resource entry part of this site (a tidy interface).

Is it possible to run SWGAide over a network?
It seems to find the characters ok but it doesn't seem to want to read email.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:29 am

Not to hi-jack Rommel's "idea thread" I will PM you
/Zimoon

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Thu Mar 27, 2008 9:48 am

Monty Burns wrote:Anyway what I am talking about is being able to build a file off line (easily) using data from ISD's and hand obtained stats that can be used to update this site, think of it as an offline version of the resource entry part of this site (a tidy interface).
Sounds to me like you want to make things more complicated than need be...

Here is the way to update an entire server in the least amount of time...(I have over 1050 droid launches logged to date in SWGAide)
Get 80 IS Droids, 10 of each survey tool (Chemical, Mineral, Flora, Gas, Water, Geothermal, Wind, Solar) and a Free Resource Crate (Save up and buy one, they are so worth it!!)

Now here is a real time saving trick, lets say your droids have 7 uses each, click on the droid 7 times and 3 more times on another, this brings up 10 droid windows right on top of each other. Now unpack 10 survey tools from a factory crate to your inventory, select naboo, click ok, press the up arrow, click ok, repeat for each planet. I can go though all 10 planets in about 10-15 seconds.

Wait for the droids to report back, mail save, goto ISDroid in SWGAide and let it do it's thing.
Submit 1&2
Write to Res.txt
Now in game /no res and open that free resource crate, resources are listed in the order they appear in the crate now so start with flora and work your way down if you want to be efficient.

For me it takes about 30 minutes to 1 hour (Includes my droids 18 minute return time) to update bloodfin when I send out 80 droids, this really depends on how many resources have spawned.

Renewable resource are the only ones not listed in the FRC, I normally send out the droids just to keep track of the spawns of these and let others update their stats if they want. You can use the blacklist feature of SWGAide to keep these from being listed in the res.txt, which is what I do since I almost never update their stats.

Now I imagine what your trying to get at though is a feature that reads the ISDroid reports and makes a file that you can then update with your hand sampled stats and then finally upload to here.

If thats the case you can already do that with SWGAide, send out your droids, mail save and write to res.txt, you can upload the resource blocks in the res.txt to the site if thats how you want to do it.

Seems a little silly to me since you can just have SWGAide send the info once your done with the res.txt

Hijack away, I haven't really seen any new ideas yet...ok maybe one.

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Wishlist/Ideas thread for SWGAide Resource thingamabob

Post by Rommel » Sat May 17, 2008 12:21 am

Have the age box change colors based on an estimated end, I mean we know the rules and such, it could start out green, turn to yellow when it enters the estimated despawn, then orange, and the red if it is lasting near the max.

Of course the accuracy of this depends on how often a galaxy is updated, so making it is toggle option would probably be a good thing for those less fortunate galaxies.

This might take a while though unless you have a list of which resource is JTL and what not.

Hodru
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Post by Hodru » Sat May 17, 2008 12:01 pm

My biggest thing I'd like would be functionality to enter what profession(s) you are, and then have it know which schematics you have. Then it can look at what resources you have in your inventory, and what resources are currently in spawn and make suggestions about what you should harvest.

For those who haven't used the Jenner Fooman tool, there is a tab that shows all the possible resource requirements for each schematic you have. So if you have entered droid engineer it will show that you need Agrinium Aluminum at CD 50% and OQ50% for the Advanced Capacitor Discharge Circuit. It then will show you what your best Agrinium Aluminum in stock is (or color it red if you have none), what your second best Agrinium Aluminum is in stock, and what the best in spawn (if any) is.

Then it will show generic aluminum at CD 55%, OQ 45% for the Auto-repair module, clothing droid crafting station module, and all other schematics that have that resource and those %'s.

So you have one place to show you which resources you may need because you don't have any, and if there are some in spawn, plus it shows you which items may be an upgrade to your existing materials.

I hope that's clear. Not sure how easy it would be to add to SWGAid or not, since Jenner was in excel and done with macros and lookups.

a-af
Novice Crafter

Post by a-af » Wed May 21, 2008 11:23 pm

Whats the possibility of you adding the ability to manually change the amount mentioned in Trade>Statistics>Metrics>Net Cash ?

Right now mine says -19500 and I have just around 3 mill.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu May 22, 2008 6:07 am

a-af wrote:Whats the possibility of you adding the ability to manually change the amount mentioned in Trade>Statistics>Metrics>Net Cash ?

If you mean you have about 3 mill in cash/bank, that is not something I will change. The "net cash" is from sold minus bought. Remember you will have other expenses over time as well, such as maintenance, manual trade (both sale and buy), etc. These will never make it into the Vendor Trader pages, don't you agree?

What you ask for is rather some kind of MoneyDance application, right? Or did I misinterpret your post?

/Zimoon

a-af
Novice Crafter

Post by a-af » Thu May 22, 2008 8:58 pm

Zimoon wrote:
a-af wrote:Whats the possibility of you adding the ability to manually change the amount mentioned in Trade>Statistics>Metrics>Net Cash ?

If you mean you have about 3 mill in cash/bank, that is not something I will change. The "net cash" is from sold minus bought. Remember you will have other expenses over time as well, such as maintenance, manual trade (both sale and buy), etc. These will never make it into the Vendor Trader pages, don't you agree?

What you ask for is rather some kind of MoneyDance application, right? Or did I misinterpret your post?

/Zimoon
I see your point ... This will do fine then, I just misunderstood what the "Net Cash" was all about :D