Control Units, MSS, etc for crafting stations

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Artisan Expertise.

Moderators: Feralmonkey, Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Control Units, MSS, etc for crafting stations

Post by Rackle » Thu Apr 12, 2007 2:07 am

anyone know of a guide, or can offer up one, that shows the corelation between component values and a finished crafting station?

how much does the MSS matter? how about MSS subs? what quality is considered usable, what is great, what is junk?

Cerceuil
Forum Moderator

Post by Cerceuil » Thu Apr 12, 2007 10:51 pm

resources and experimentation percents ON ALL PARTS (AND SUBCOMPS) DO MATTER.

focus specifically on maxing as much as possible the experimental effectiveness to get as close to 99% as possbile. No where in everything Ive read on this subject have I seen anyone get 100% experimentation regardless of the buff, resources, food, or drink.

a fellow crafter (kreskin) and I spent two weeks playing around with the best resources we could find. some I tried to ensure that I had the best for all three (UT, Con, and OQ) and could only get to as high as 98%.

as soon as I disgarded trying to get the best in Unit Toughness and focused just on Conductivity and OQ (some only need OQ) I was hitting 99% (full green bar that I expected to get to 100) without a lot of effort.

from what I have read there are caps on these parts because of a problem...bug actually...if someone were to be able to create a full 45 stations (crafting day withstanding this). for now, a 99% on all parts will get you a 44.999992.

again, just focus on the listed required for experimental effectiveness which is typically Overal Quality with a few (like MSS) that require Conductivity.

Also keep in mind, when the Structures Crafter makes the Stations it will need:
two Control Units
two MSS
Five Droid Storage Compartments.

so configure your factory runs based off the DSC...meaning you can only produce 199 stations at a time alowing for 5 DSC's in the schematic...less if the structures crafter has a major blowout while experimenting on his end. so figure out what youll need in the Control units to cover the MSS's and a bit of experimenting (if you dont 99% on the first run) as well as the CUs needed in final station combine.

MSSs alos require other comps as well.

I think I have the stuff we figured out still in my notes so Ill grab that when I log on next and post it here.

Cerceuil
Forum Moderator

Post by Cerceuil » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:54 pm

just found this on the DE forums (well the Engineer forums) on the official site:
posted by Sambril:
As stated, all components and sub components matter when making stations. Their quality is included when calculating the overall rating of the station. Also since control units are used in the MSS and the final station assembly they count twice. All the parts have a rating from -5 to +5, though the game does not show this very well. The hidden decimals do make a difference.

Control Unit (CU): -5 to +5
Energy distributor (ED): -5 to +5
Electronics GP module (GP): -5 to +5
Micro sensor suite (MSS): -5 to +5
Droid storage compartments (DSC): -5 to +5
Basic craft station (CS): -15 to +15

Total station rating = 2 * CU + ED + GP + MSS + DSC + CS - possible range is -45 to +45

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:14 pm

And, in order to hit the "perfect" 44.999992 crafting stations, you HAVE to get at least one amazing on every single sub component--including the subcomps for the MSSs.

Of course you also have to get at least one amazing on the final combine for the station too.

ordio
Novice Crafter

Post by ordio » Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:29 pm

Onyx wrote:And, in order to hit the "perfect" 44.999992 crafting stations, you HAVE to get at least one amazing on every single sub component--including the subcomps for the MSSs.

Of course you also have to get at least one amazing on the final combine for the station too.
I found if i didn't get at least one amazing on the final combine, the station worked out to 44.905... and considering i was doing this one point at a time.. that's a lot of work gone to waste.. lol.. there were times where i got the amazing on the LAST point.. whew!

Cerceuil
Forum Moderator

Post by Cerceuil » Tue Apr 17, 2007 1:04 am

I believe, and I could be wrong, that youll have to, regardless, fill all the slots available....that wont work unless you get at least one amazing. I got several 98's in my attempts..etc. which reminds me I have to get online and get my thingee.....

blackdt
Novice Crafter

Re:

Post by blackdt » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:49 pm

Cerceuil wrote: Also keep in mind, when the Structures Crafter makes the Stations it will need:
two Control Units
two MSS
Five Droid Storage Compartments.

so configure your factory runs based off the DSC...meaning you can only produce 199 stations at a time alowing for 5 DSC's in the schematic...less if the structures crafter has a major blowout while experimenting on his end. so figure out what youll need in the Control units to cover the MSS's and a bit of experimenting (if you dont 99% on the first run) as well as the CUs needed in final station combine.
Actually, I think you can make a run of 999, based on the schematic listed here on swgcraft.co.uk

The servers are down right now or I would double check.

The key is to realize that the Five Droid Storage Compartments don't have to be identical. So you make 5 runs of Droid Storage Compartments, names "Droid Storage Compartment - A" through "Droid Storage Compartment - E", then make the schematic using one of each. That makes the runs MUCH more worthwhile.

-------------
Sorry, didn't mean to Necro an old post, mis-read the date when I read it at first. :(

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Control Units, MSS, etc for crafting stations

Post by Savacc » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:06 am

Bad Necro Poster, Bad Necro Poster :twisted:

That having been said, you are correct.