Noob Mount question

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Beast Mastery Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Re: Noob Mount question

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:36 pm

Hmmm, you wouldn't be Tony Soprano, would you?

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:10 am

Synthetic cloth is also necessary for Ithorian armor (I believe thats whats stopping me at the moment, I haven't hit up my tailor contact for a schematic yet)

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:42 am

I love how this topic has gone from mounts to Itho armour :D

On a more serious note, thanks for the mount creation info, I've got 2 of my characters producing all sorts of colourful mounts now :)
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

radish
Novice Crafter

Post by radish » Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:11 pm

no im not tony suprano but i do see that guy hanging around all the time :lol: back to the mount thing i made a run of extractors they are a bit better than the ones i put on vendor first so are at 35k now. but still a couple at 25k but i get alot of traffic at my vendors and not sure how long the stuff will be there also i was talking about the armor padding for wookie armor synth is used in all armor i believe. :mrgreen:
compleate crafting needs as well as mining contracts
no order to big or to small can pull up to 2 mill units per day on most reasources.
contact radish on farstar for any of your needs
vendors just outside theed at -5308 3420

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Fri Dec 12, 2008 9:04 pm

wrackspurt wrote:Okay, I've got the incubator and actually did grow the egg from DNA, but never understood where to get hydrolases or why they cost 75k apiece. I also didn't know you could get lysases by foraging. Whenever I forage the only thing I get is fishing bait, it seems.

I'm keeping the kaduu for my own mount, but had thought about selling them out of my vendor. But somebody told me that the only kind of mounts that people were really looking for were those flea things from Mustafar, and the thought of breeding fleas totally grosses me out. Also, I'm assuming most people (except me as of yet) actually buy the boxed set for SWG, so doesn't everybody get that free varactyl?

Hee hee. Look at me asking my total noob questions. Now I'm a weathered a noob.

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Fri Jan 30, 2009 4:02 pm

Zimoon wrote:
wrackspurt wrote:Is there an enzyme faq somewhere that explains centrifuges, extractors and such?

I'm about to hatch a kaduu egg for my own mount.
Then all you need is:
  • One incubator (any quality but speed is an asset)
  • Some Geothermal Energy
  • An Enzyme Extractor (the cheapest you can find, is a consumable)
  • 1 DNA (from the carcass, Expertize)
  • 3 Lyases (forage the landscape)
  • 3 Hydrolases (from using the extractor on a carcass)
  • 6 Isomerases, any quality (looted from carcasses)
None of the items need to be of any quality, neither do you need to refine the Hydrolases.
  1. Setup the incubator
    • Cleansing it
    • Add some power
    • Initializing it
  2. Open it and add the DNA
  3. Choose experiment
  4. Add Lyases, Hydrolases, and Isomerases
  5. Possibly you need to click one of the dots (if the Isomerases where of good enough quality)
  6. Start the process
  7. Repeat from 3 until the egg is ready, about 3 days
  8. Ready the egg and take it out
Now the egg is ready, either to turn into a mount or hatch as a beast. Nothing special if you want to turn it a mount, it is just an unhatched egg that when you hatch it will become a mount.

I don't know anything about combat beasts but have made many eggs for mounts :D

/Zimoon
Just wanted to thank you for this. I've been reading guides 20 pages long and really just needed the basics. I just want a pet, maybe a mount, and all the guides have you doing crazy stuff, LOL. I'll get there someday, but this info makes sense for me to get started and get the idea of it before all the other.

Crellian
Novice Crafter

Post by Crellian » Tue May 26, 2009 1:22 pm

Zimoon wrote::shock:
At Gorath hundreds are listed.
At the Bazaar terminal, do you use the Vendor Location tab? Do you select Galaxy scope?
Then browse to Misc >>> Item >>> Enzyme Extractor, right?

If you cannot find them there, what trader profession are you?
If you are Munitions you can craft them yourself, you need Enzyme Extraction Canister from Domestic and you need Enzyme Extraction Control Unit from Engineers.

I have attach an image somebody sent me a while ago that shows who does what and for whom.

/Zimoon
BM-CrafterFlow.jpg
This image has gone 'link-dead' (and no, I don't know what I'm talking about). Nothing to click on, as opposed to a link that gives 404 error msg.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 26, 2009 5:31 pm

Crellian wrote:This image has gone 'link-dead' (and no, I don't know what I'm talking about). Nothing to click on, as opposed to a link that gives 404 error msg.
Thanks, seems as many attachments and images were lost in the recent server transition. Don't blame me 8)
I have replaced the original image with a new one, remind me to edit it for clarity when I get the time ;)
Or if anybody does that, the original PDF attached.
/Zimoon
Attachments
BM Flowchart.zip
(69.69 KiB) Downloaded 462 times
Last edited by Zimoon on Tue May 26, 2009 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Attached as ZIP, the forum does not like PDF ;)

Crellian
Novice Crafter

Post by Crellian » Thu May 28, 2009 12:34 pm

Thanks, Zimoon!

I went through the posts again (each reading helps me understand more), and saw the BM Item Crafting Chart for the first time!

Excellent!

Then ended up here and downloaded your link. Your patience, and willingness to repost something a year after the fact, is most humbling. Thank you very much!

Starsider - River Haven (about 2000 m South of Doaba Guerfel)
Crellian CL 66 Medic
Raamala CL 90 Tailor