Starsider - need help

Discuss galaxy specific issues.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

charis2770
Novice Crafter

Starsider - need help

Post by charis2770 » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:12 pm

I'm a level 80 artisan, and am proud do say I have worked my way through every level I've got by hard work. I guess I've been at this character for 5 or 6 months, and while I am enjoying it, I am stuck. I need Methanagen Inert Gas for a drink I've yet to be able to make. If anyone who reads this has even a little bit of it they would part with, please email Charis or Kallagra`Black on Starsider (both my characters) and I will be VERY happy to buy some from you. I don't need a lot, maybe 1k units. Will keep searching for it of course, but I have a lot of other things to do too. Also to the other Starsider member who ppsted, welcome, and if there's anything I can help with in-game, feel free to contact me and ask. While my characters on this server are relatively new, I've been playing the game for 3 years. Thanks!

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Starsider - need help

Post by Savacc » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:24 am

Welcome, you are the same person who was looking for this gas on the old .com site right?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:32 am

Good to see you are trying to use all possible channels to get that gas. I hope it turns out for you.

And welcome over here :)

/Zimoon

charis2770
Novice Crafter

Post by charis2770 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:26 am

Yes, that's me. Thanks for the point in the right direction. Still no luck though.... :cry:
Savacc wrote:Welcome, you are the same person who was looking for this gas on the old .com site right?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:26 pm

I know and remember the feeling from when I started out as a Medic to become a Doctor. If I had only known in advance (= I did not read ahead) what resource I was supposed to have weeks or months later I would have played differently. But it was just to love the day and play on, it came to me soon enough and I had been doing other things in game meanwhile.

One thing was different, I leveled up my Swordsman while waiting for resources and explored a lot, so there was always anything to do. Couldn't do A so I did B and laughed the same.

/Zimoon

Laidbacca
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Laidbacca » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:02 pm

There are two people currently on starsider with what looks like some of that gas in storage, try shooting them both a tell/mail in game and see if they would be willing to part with some. The stats on the gas they have are nothing special and they could very well part with some for a modest cpu rate.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:09 pm

Problem is OP did that, he wrote his original post at .com and he said he had already mailed them in-game without response. Two guys having the gas up for 999999999 credits, right?
/Z

charis2770
Novice Crafter

Post by charis2770 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:14 pm

Yes, thanks for the suggestion, mailing the guys who have it in storage is what i tried first. That was about a week ago with no reply. It's not that it's that big a deal, I just like to be able to make all the things I am able to make at each plateau, so I know what they are and if they're worth making more of. Was quite a battle to get dathomirian leathery hide just to find out it gave +0.0 to movement speed! Lol....live and learn! Oh, another question....when you get those bits that are things like Strikethrough Chance and Two-Handed Melee Accuracy, where you have to match em to their same number power bit....is there any way to get more than a +1 to those skills?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:21 pm

charis2770 wrote:...Oh, another question....when you get those bits that are things like Strikethrough Chance and Two-Handed Melee Accuracy, where you have to match em to their same number power bit....is there any way to get more than a +1 to those skills?
Is this a question about food or Reverse Engineering?
/Z

charis2770
Novice Crafter

Post by charis2770 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:39 pm

Reverse Engineering
Zimoon wrote:
charis2770 wrote:...Oh, another question....when you get those bits that are things like Strikethrough Chance and Two-Handed Melee Accuracy, where you have to match em to their same number power bit....is there any way to get more than a +1 to those skills?
Is this a question about food or Reverse Engineering?
/Z

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 3:50 pm

OK, yes, you need to create a stronger power bit first. Note that the modifier bits have a conversion ratio which truncates the result of POWER_BIT / RATIO downwards to an integer.

I wrote a quick and ugly post on RE the other day:
http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 3914#p3914

/Z