This thing on?

Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Re: This thing on?

Post by kelsaka » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:58 pm

Byke wrote:I logged into SWG the other day...apparently my house is near Tyrsis? Weird. And by near, I mean on the edge. Maybe it's actually in it now.
Tyrsis is the place to be on Infinity now :D

Ok...maybe I'm biased being in TRF and all :wink:
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:02 pm

Sobuno wrote:Creature spawns?

-Sobuno (Who never used any other site than SWGCraft.com while playing)
Sorry Sobuno, I completely missed this earlier. Did my explination in reply to Zimoon make sense?

It was swgtailor, swgcraft and swgcreatures as the important community sites for me, I'd usually have 1 or more of them open ready to alt-tab to :D
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:14 pm

kelsaka wrote:
Sobuno wrote:Creature spawns?

-Sobuno (Who never used any other site than SWGCraft.com while playing)
Sorry Sobuno, I completely missed this earlier. Did my explination in reply to Zimoon make sense?

It was swgtailor, swgcraft and swgcreatures as the important community sites for me, I'd usually have 1 or more of them open ready to alt-tab to :D
I did start something kind of like the resource tree for creatures early in the development of the site: http://swgcraft.co.uk/dev/creature_tree ... &mode=full

Nobody entered any creatures, and I did not have the time to write a script to import from swgcreatures so it's just collected dust.

Entering creatures can be done at http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/addcreature.php, but with the rather large amount of different creatures in the game, I might just need to write that script for importing.

-Sobuno

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:58 am

Sobuno wrote: I did start something kind of like the resource tree for creatures early in the development of the site: http://swgcraft.co.uk/dev/creature_tree ... &mode=full

Nobody entered any creatures, and I did not have the time to write a script to import from swgcreatures so it's just collected dust.

Entering creatures can be done at http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/addcreature.php, but with the rather large amount of different creatures in the game, I might just need to write that script for importing.
I had managed to completely miss that too! This will keep me entertained for hours :D

I was going to warn that importing from swgcreatures will give a lot of bad CL data but then I noticed there isn't a CL box, so my 2 little questions are, will any data I add be overwritten by an import script? and can we have a CL box added please? The CL box is very useful for lower levels looking for a specific resource, say tatooine wooly hide, from creatures they can actually kill.

Edit: Possibly known stuff:
Creature tree gives no access to resource information and I'm unable to edit already added creatures.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:59 am

Problem these days is that I find all creatures coming in all CL at Tatooine et al. Yes, there is a "main CL" but often I find critters way out of the common range, even up towards 90 at the three basic planets. I rather guide people to the hunting maps at SWG web site, a Friday Feature.

/Z

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:14 am

kelsaka wrote:I had managed to completely miss that too! This will keep me entertained for hours :D
It's from May 2007, which might be why you missed it

I was going to warn that importing from swgcreatures will give a lot of bad CL data but then I noticed there isn't a CL box, so my 2 little questions are, will any data I add be overwritten by an import script?

Shouldn't happen, no

and can we have a CL box added please? The CL box is very useful for lower levels looking for a specific resource, say tatooine wooly hide, from creatures they can actually kill.

Original plan was to enter the creature's combat level and amount of meat/hide/milk later on, which would end up with a table:
Combat Level Meat amount Hide Amount Milk amount

Edit: Possibly known stuff:
Creature tree gives no access to resource information and I'm unable to edit already added creatures.

It was a work in progress. The pages (The tree and the add page) are based on the resourcetree (An old version) and an admin-only "Add Resource Category" page.
Red

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:26 am

Sobuno wrote:Original plan was to enter the creature's combat level and amount of meat/hide/milk later on, which would end up with a table:
Combat Level Meat amount Hide Amount Milk amount
[/color]
The yield is mainly dependent on the CL of the creature, I have not tested if it differs a lot for creatures at the same CL.

If you are looking for a table on who drops what, have a look in the Creature Resources guide posted in the General Crafting forum. The lot is from the SWGCreature.com site, but some is updated later and from player input at the now archived SWG/SOE forum.

/Z

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:49 am

I guessed it wasn't a fully implemented system but figured they were worth pointing out anyway. Better to have more info than less :)

CL, you're right Zimoon, I was forgetting about that (like the super-womprats on Tat). Those hunter maps are much more useful for finding critters of your level.

With the harvesting amounts as Zimoon said, there can be a rather big difference due to critter level and character level, without even throwing in groups, droids and veghash into the mix. That's why it didn't get added to swgcreatures.

Edit: Sorry Byke, we've totally derailed your topic :lol:
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:36 pm

Sobuno wrote:Entering creatures can be done at http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/dev/addcreature.php, but with the rather large amount of different creatures in the game, I might just need to write that script for importing.
I was to lazy to add stuff there.. beeing to busy to keep the wanderhome data current at SWGCraft ;)
But if you want you can check out the planetspecific lists at my Resource buying Page
If you scroll down you will find for every planet a list what to kill for which resource. Ok, the list dont include Musta or Kash - but it could be a help already. :)

Best
beli
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE