Request for shutting down export script to old swgcraft.com

Discussion and suggestions regarding the site and/or forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:07 am

Milla wrote:Just completed a full update on swgcraft.com.

Let's cross our fingers that the 'remove' option was the culprit.

However, I noted one thing - the import script of this site does not update resources here that have been entered without stats, but are listed with all stats on swgcraft.com.

Hmm, it should be doing that

I can't take a look at it ATM though, my computer crashed yesterday and can't get it working

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Sep 07, 2007 9:21 pm

Enabled full sync once more (Except for deletion/removal)

Let me know if there are bugs

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:59 pm

I am guessing no bugs have arisen since I disabled the deletion code

Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:49 am

Sobuno wrote:I am guessing no bugs have arisen since I disabled the deletion code
So far I see no bugs on the old site and no unwanted deletions either.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:48 am

Milla wrote:
Sobuno wrote:I am guessing no bugs have arisen since I disabled the deletion code
So far I see no bugs on the old site and no unwanted deletions either.
Sounds good, we'll have to do without the sync of removal for now then though :(

Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla » Fri Sep 21, 2007 7:28 am

It seems it is not the 'removal' option that was responsible for the inexplicable disappearance of several resources on the old site.

Today I noticed that again several resources were deleted on the old site, although they are still available.

I noticed that

durohoecilf,quadranium,634,534,898,909,328,959,913,849

was deleted on Dantooine/FarStar on swgcraft.com. I checked the recent unavailable resources page - no sign of who or what removed the entry.
Re-entered the resource again with the usual symptoms: all resources stats were shown in bold letters as if it had been an existing resource that was entered without stats. After re-adding it to Dantoo/FarStar page, it came back as the original proper entry that I added about 19 hours ago.

Also, chemicals section was decimated by the export script (I must assume that it is the export script).

Only the following resources were left in the chemicals section (Dant/FarStar):

quadisoprihorcoine,unknown liquid,401,641,249
trinoshaian,lubri,223,238
spowe,polymer,240,686,812,40,505

The correct list is:

swgcraft_start
quadisoprihorcoine,unknown liquid,401,641,249
trinoshaian,lubri,223,238
quadaniwaris,lubricating,659,629
triprosloostaian,polymer,693,843,819,131,257
spowe,polymer,240,686,812,40,505
iorew,dant fiber,251,1000,502,528,903
swgcraft_end

As far as I remember I only removed Stevovoob, Orveth Reactive Gas on this site on the Dantoo/FarStar page.

However, the correct entries, that is

ircayate,orveth,432,151
alih,obah,678,254

were also removed. I re-entered them again this morning.

(not to mention, that our old friend 'JazibZero' was back on Lok/FarStar, I had to remove the entry again on both this site and the old site).

I really don't know what to say or recommend because apparently the remove function was innocent in this case.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:48 am

But it didn't happen in the 14 days inbetween?

Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla » Fri Sep 21, 2007 9:59 am

Not sure, I did not have time to check the old site and the new site, the errors seem to have occurred during the last 24 hours, before that I did not notice anything strange on the old site.

I started a massive update 3 days ago, but it was only during the last 24 hours that errors popped up.

EDIT: Apparently errors affected entries that were older than 24 hours, so far I did not notice anything strange with entries I made one day ago.

CORRECTION: I was wrong, sarjed,yavin fiber,26,860,692,194,642 that I entered about 23 hours ago was also deleted on the old site for some reason.
Last edited by Milla on Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:25 am

Seems odd seeing that I haven't touched the synchronization code for quite a while (Except for removing the removal function)

Milla
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Milla » Fri Sep 21, 2007 10:46 am

Sobuno wrote:Seems odd seeing that I haven't touched the synchronization code for quite a while (Except for removing the removal function)
Maybe it is related to user input. Somebody enters something on this site, which triggers the error. I noticed a few resources that have been entered without stats again here.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:07 pm

Disabled synchronization again

ordio
Novice Crafter

Post by ordio » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:23 pm

Hi there,
How long do you figure before the synchronization with swgcraft.com is going to be down?

I've been using this site for some entry, and then some on swgcraft.com. The thing is, i really love the unavailable feature on here (which then exports it to swgcraft.com)... unfortunately due to the disabled synchronization, any unavailable i set up here isn't sent to swgcraft.com, and then that same resource is back up on here because the hourly export comes back to here.

Eg:
Valcyn
Noado, Lub Oil.. i marked it unavailable last night... but its back up on here again...

I had read that there were some other issues, so i thought i'd ask..

Thank you again for developing the new website... it is GREAT! :)

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:00 pm

When the synchronization is down, you should mark resources as unavailable on SWGCraft.com instead of here. We use their export script in a way to search for resources made unavailable recently, so if you mark it unavailable over there, it should automatically despawn here too

ordio
Novice Crafter

Post by ordio » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:03 pm

Sobuno wrote:When the synchronization is down, you should mark resources as unavailable on SWGCraft.com instead of here. We use their export script in a way to search for resources made unavailable recently, so if you mark it unavailable over there, it should automatically despawn here too
Yeah i was hoping to not have to do that (with the single unavailable click over there, its very time consuming)... I like the unavailable feature here...

Anyway, thank you...

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:41 pm

ordio wrote:
Sobuno wrote:When the synchronization is down, you should mark resources as unavailable on SWGCraft.com instead of here. We use their export script in a way to search for resources made unavailable recently, so if you mark it unavailable over there, it should automatically despawn here too
Yeah i was hoping to not have to do that (with the single unavailable click over there, its very time consuming)... I like the unavailable feature here...

Anyway, thank you...
Yeah, it is unfortunate, but I can't seem to track down the issues people are having.... And seeing that we don't want to mess up SWGCraft.com's database, we have to be carefull