Weapon Core Crafting: Assembly or Luck PUPs

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Weaponsmith Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Sac
Novice Crafter

Weapon Core Crafting: Assembly or Luck PUPs

Post by Sac » Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:17 am

G'day Crafting Gurus,

I've been making some weapons for the guild lately and wanted to get an opinion on whether I'd be better off using Weapon Assembly PUPs or Luck PUPs.

Assembly seems to do absolutely bugger all and you never get anything other than a great on the initial assembly anyway (assuming you have high enough assembly on your suit already).

There is a consensus that Luck (as in, in-game Luck stat) does help to get more amazings on the experimentation rolls though. Would Luck PUPs be a better option to boost the chance of amazing experimentations?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Weapon Core Crafting: Assembly or Luck PUPs

Post by Zimoon » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:36 am

Some people, our dear Senator Onyx for one, say they can see on the outcome when the Luck PUP has worn out, so ... :)

I have actually not got up to speed again after my move to Chimaera so I can neither confirm nor deny.

/Zimoon

Sac
Novice Crafter

Post by Sac » Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Zimoon wrote:Some people, our dear Senator Onyx for one, say they can see on the outcome when the Luck PUP has worn out, so ... :)

I have actually not got up to speed again after my move to Chimaera so I can neither confirm nor deny.

/Zimoon
Thanks Zim I suspected as much. The way I look at it is that there is no obvious benefit from the extra Assembly given by PUPs so I may as well have a crack at using extra Luck.

Omom A-wo
Novice Crafter

Post by Omom A-wo » Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:51 pm

i use luck pups and seem to get better results from the luck rather than the assembly pups i try to stack as much luc as i can currently am sitting at 1657 fully buffed and if it wasnt for bespin i could use fizz pudding and sit at 1857 just got the shard of retaliation havent checked it yet to see where im at but hope with that the the meatlump kiss buff maybe i can break 2000 luck ill keep you all posted if the higher luck makes a big differance or not

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:14 am

There is a debate regarding Luck and high power crafting.
Some players claim that really high luck is contra-productive and they see less amazings.
Other players say, like Onyx (who I trust) say that Luck helps but they stay around 5-600.

Hence, it would be interesting to see the following:

50 experiments on something without extra Luck
50 experiments on something with 300 extra Luck
50 experiments on something with 600 extra Luck
50 experiments on something with 900 extra Luck
50 experiments on something with 1200 extra Luck
50 experiments on something with 1500 extra Luck (extra class ;))

I mean experiments, not items, one box at a time. Tell us all the stats read in the character sheet plus post the chat log from the experiments. This would at least hint us in some direction, or the other. No Bespin for this. If we later want to see if Bespin is hurt by Luck or not, that is another animal.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:16 am

And welcome around Omom A-wo, already up to 3 posts, congrats :D

AtiInc
Apprentice Crafter

Post by AtiInc » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:28 am

Im pretty certain that if you have assembly in a suit and as expertise, your basically guaranteed a socket, atleast, thats it is like with armour.

Assembly is just used to gain a socket.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:01 am

AtiInc wrote:Im pretty certain that if you have assembly in a suit and as expertise, your basically guaranteed a socket, atleast, thats it is like with armour.

... and to avoid a plain "Good" or worse during the assembly, which won't get you to 29% 8)

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:47 pm

Zimoon wrote:
AtiInc wrote:Im pretty certain that if you have assembly in a suit and as expertise, your basically guaranteed a socket, atleast, thats it is like with armour.

... and to avoid a plain "Good" or worse during the assembly, which won't get you to 29% 8)
Ever since they removed critical failures in Assembly (3,4 maybe 5 years ago), a "Master Crafter" (cl 90) will not get a "Good or worse" assembly result, ever. Master Crafters will only get "great" or "amazing" successes in assembly.

Do crafted weapons always have a socket? Are they different then armor or clothing? In armor and clothing it is your Assembly Skill that determines whether the item has a socket or not.

Josh02886
Novice Crafter

Post by Josh02886 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:15 pm

No not every crafted weapon gets a socket unfortunately. I cannot answer to the other questions that you asked as I don't dabble in armor nor have I been much for knitting lol. Just teasing tailors. We couldn't do it without ya :wink: