SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:18 pm

-

SWGAide's wish-list thread:

Post your suggestions, ideas, feature requests, and whatever fancy stuff you come up with. A great idea must not be huge or complex to fit in here, any idea is fine with me; if a small feature helps us play SWG with an even bigger smile it is great.

I made a new thread of a few reasons. One is that some suggestions are now implemented. Another is simply to start over fresh and keep this clean and tidy. Friends, let the suggestions keep coming!
:mrgreen:

/Zimoon

PS: This thread replaces the older thread which had the same purpose.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:22 pm

reserved

rohie
Novice Crafter

Wishlist/Ideas thread for SWGAide Resource thingamabob

Post by rohie » Sat Nov 28, 2009 3:03 am

Hi everybody,

I am thinking to find an easier way to update stats for current resources. I myself submit resources without stats, using res. txt (ISD file) or rem.txt.
res.txt is ordered by planet where rem.txt is ordered by type, which makes filling the stats much easier. With rem.txt you open and browse the crate liniar wihout going back and forth between resource types or scrolling up and down like in the res.txt file.
I noticed all resources without stats have the stats set at zero. If we can have a flag to select the current resources with OQ=0 then you can generate a rem.txt file with all the current resources in database without stats. If we can have this I would not bother with filling the stats in res.txt. Just send the droids, wait for mail, /mailsave, submit 1 and 2, generate res.txt, submit res.txt.
Generate rem.txt with age=0, resource=mineral (or gas, chemical, flora, water, creature,whatever you want to fill at that moment), OQ=0 and you get in rem.txt all current resources without stats.
More that this, anybody using swgaide can generate this rem.txt any time, you do not have to send the droids again.
All this can render the res.txt file obsolete. I tried to delete from the res.txt file the entries for which I didn't entered resources but it didn't work lol. And it is right like this.
I am curious to know your opinions about this.

Regards,
Rohie

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Wishlist/Ideas thread for SWGAide Resource thingamabob

Post by Zimoon » Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:21 pm

rohie wrote:Hi everybody,

I am thinking to find an easier way to update stats for current resources. I myself submit resources without stats, using res. txt (ISD file) or rem.txt.
res.txt is ordered by planet where rem.txt is ordered by type, which makes filling the stats much easier. With rem.txt you open and browse the crate liniar wihout going back and forth between resource types or scrolling up and down like in the res.txt file.
I noticed all resources without stats have the stats set at zero. If we can have a flag to select the current resources with OQ=0 then you can generate a rem.txt file with all the current resources in database without stats. If we can have this I would not bother with filling the stats in res.txt. Just send the droids, wait for mail, /mailsave, submit 1 and 2, generate res.txt, submit res.txt.
This one was suggested in the other SWGAide 0.7.75 thread and is on my TODO-list: "mark 0-stats specially in the rem.txt file". Your idea amends to the idea, to add a "filter for 0-stats". Thanks
Generate rem.txt with age=0, resource=mineral (or gas, chemical, flora, water, creature,whatever you want to fill at that moment), OQ=0 and you get in rem.txt all current resources without stats.
More that this, anybody using swgaide can generate this rem.txt any time, you do not have to send the droids again.
All this can render the res.txt file obsolete. I tried to delete from the res.txt file the entries for which I didn't entered resources but it didn't work lol. And it is right like this.
I am curious to know your opinions about this.

Regards,
Rohie
When I rad you post I just wonder, do you know that you can have res.txt in the same order as rem.txt?
If not, the menu Options >> ISDroid >> Long List toggles between planetary and long-list (rem.txt-like). Check it out? :)

/Zimoon

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Post by HydroTek » Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:23 am

IMHO: Placed here so you wouldn't forget :wink:

Wish list:

Edit --Ignore this part - you can edit the amounts directly in the fields --too easy :oops:
On the harvesting tab, when you choose refresh harvester, it would be good to have a popup box to add/correct or leave alone, current power and maintenance amounts. I usually keep 30 days or more power and maintenance, so I don't have to worry if I am away for an extended time.

Also if the Entertainer buff (Harvest Faire) field can be moved to the Activate harvester panel, since there may not always be an Ent to buff me when I need to set a harvester ...else I have to edit the owner to show the current Ent buff.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:36 am

It would be nice to be able to mark a resource unavailable from the harvester tab. There are 3 ways i find out that a resource is depleted:
- with survey droid: that works fine
- at "submitting resources" (i use that for creature resources usual): that works fine
- when i am at harvester tour. But when i am at my harvester and see that the resource is depleted i can't mark it unavailable from the harvester panel. Insteat if have to look up the resource under the current resources and mark it unavailable there. That's.. a few steps more then necessary ,)

Best
lazy Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:14 am

I will think a bit more about the maint/power thingie, let us see if we get more suggestions and thoughts.

The mark-depleted is a great idea and extremely easy to implement--just to extend the underlaying support--Beli, consider it done until next release.

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Mon Nov 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Zimoon,
do you think, it might be possible, to sort guards that way, that the newest spawned and alerted guards, will be placed as the topmost...

if you have many many guards active, like for chefs, you can't tell, which is the newest spawned alert.

any chance, maybe as a sorting option?!

greets, ManInSpace
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:12 am

Fair enough, I will have a look at that. Already today you can sort by column, but age as default sounds OK.

/zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:20 am

How about an acustical signal, when the harvester status changes?
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

rohie
Novice Crafter

Post by rohie » Wed Dec 02, 2009 1:04 am

Hi,
First I want to say that the long-list option in ISD is great. I didn't know about it (thank you Zimoon and Monty Burns for help). And I am using swgaide for more than one year now...
So I decided to play with other feature in SWGAide, harvester panel. It is a cool feature. I can keep track of lots and where my harvesters are and when to check them. And I can get the quantity of the resources extracted.
Lets say you have 2 entries in inventory for the same resource, one with assignee X and the other one with assignee Y, each with its own quantity (you get them like this if you refresh the harvesters and you have different harvester owners). Now if you want to consolidate then and you edit the one owned by Y and change the assignee to X, the quantity owned by X will not update. It will be nice if we can get this.

Regards,
Rohie

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:28 am

maninspace wrote:How about an acustical signal, when the harvester status changes?
I believe it sounds when the resource depletes, if not I will add that. Other status, maint or power low, or hopper soon full, I will not try that for now, already two sounds (utinni and deafening-alarm) 8)
rohie wrote:...Lets say you have 2 entries in inventory for the same resource...
The harvester will update the entry for the the assigned owner of the harvester. In the new SWGAide you can edit ownership on an active or "stayed-put" harvester (without changing its bonuses --- as the in-game /structureTransfer), then in the future it will update the entry for the new owner, but not retroactively. I do not plan to change this relationship between harvester owner and inventory assignee :)

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:47 pm

I guess this is an idea for the creature resources sections, would it be possible to incorporate a list of what creatures drop what resources?

I was thinking maybe another tab in the [Details] [Monitors] [Guards] area that simply listed the creatures associated with that resource.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:35 pm

Monty Burns wrote:I guess this is an idea for the creature resources sections, would it be possible to incorporate a list of what creatures drop what resources?

I was thinking maybe another tab in the [Details] [Monitors] [Guards] area that simply listed the creatures associated with that resource.
Sure, great idea :)
So, this requires the data for it, in machine readable form.
Computers are extremely fast, but they are not smart --- yet.
And it is also a lot quicker to implement something that is on a simple form.
As far as I know there is no export feature at SWGPets.com, is there?

Hence, for now I suggest two formats and you select anyone of them:
  1. One-liners: resource class, colon, creature kinds delimited by commas.
    Example:

Code: Select all

Corellian Avian Meat : Alpha Bird, Beta Butterfly
    Dathomir Avian Meat : Flying Dutch , ...
  2. Blocks delimited by an empty line, just one item each line, resource class first line, creature kinds on line by line.
    Example:

Code: Select all

Corellian Avian Meat
    Alpha Bird
    Beta Butterfly

Dathomir Avian Meat
    Flying Dutch
Only "known" resource classes are listed.
Only the main creature kind is listed; exception just for the sub-kinds which drop something different.
Any order for the resource classes is possible.

To make it "human readable" I suggest option 1 and resources in some logical order. The "Creature Resources Guide" could perhaps be used as a start, I have relied on user feedback for its correctness so ... :)

I would rather see a "tooltip box" when you hover the mouse over a resource or resource class, for the planet-line at the Details window, and included when the "resource caps panel" is implemented.

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:43 pm

For the record you are dealing with someone that needs a manual to find the "on" button, would this data have to be a txt file or xls etc?

However I have to say that I hate mouse overs as they clutter your screen even when you are not looking for that information.

So I do what now with SWGPets?

I was just looking at a way of incorporating the creature resource guide into SWGAide?
Last edited by Monty Burns on Wed Dec 02, 2009 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.