SWGAide -- About Next Version

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide -- About Next Version

Post by Zimoon » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:20 pm

Belisama wrote:Hoi,

i use the warn by hour.

BTW if you sent me the URL of the threads you need to search tru for a list of suggestions / ideas i can try to help. but i don't promise that i am fast. i am NOT. i am short on time. always.

Best
Bel
Yeah, I have a feeling most people use warn-by-hour. I will see what I can do. ----- I have no "threads" really, just those in thisforum board. Whatever, if it is important people can ask again 8)

FYI, everything is going on plan right now. More than 50% finished with the "scrubbing tool" which makes the DAT file compatible with next SWGAide. The utility will be made available for the test-pilots Friday at the latest (not SWGAide itself though as the scrubber must work flawlesslynfirst, not to ruin anything). More info comes by then.

/Zimoon

dharh
Novice Crafter

Post by dharh » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:59 pm

Is it possible to make the new SWGAide compatible with windows vista/7? Some may not have the same issue as I do, but my install (and all reinstalls ive tried) end with with the server user profile info (such as mail) being put into the windows virtual compatibility folders. Which means outside programs are not able to locate the mail files in the usual location (c:\program files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\profiles).

NaeBliss
Apprentice Crafter

Post by NaeBliss » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:54 pm

Zimoon wrote:Short question while I am at the code:

How many are using the ``warn-by-percent for hopper full´´ option at the harvester panel?

Or are we all using the warn-by-hour?

IMHO I would rather take away options of little or no interest. Mainly to keep the GUI as clean as possible and the easier to navigate. But of course it makes life easier for developers too 8)

/Zimoon

a bit l8te reply but i also use warn by hour, been working a lot of late shifts l8tly :-((
greetz

PS: The harvester panel is the last panel to give an overhaul before first test-launch. And I am ½-way through :twisted:
Family is out buying bomb-shelter equipment :lol:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:50 pm

dharh wrote:Is it possible to make the new SWGAide compatible with windows vista/7? Some may not have the same issue as I do, but my install (and all reinstalls ive tried) end with with the server user profile info (such as mail) being put into the windows virtual compatibility folders. Which means outside programs are not able to locate the mail files in the usual location (c:\program files\Sony Online Entertainment\Installed Games\Star Wars Galaxies\profiles).
Welcome around dharh :)

Previous chats on this topics indicate that you must adjust the Vista security settings for SWG and SWGAide. I am in fact typing from bed and cannot dig up the thread where it is explained. This is not about SWGAide but a setting in Vista.

If I am wrong, is here anybody that can post a new thread on the topic "run SWGAide on Vista", please. That would cut some time for me.

/Zimoon