Finding resources

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

rakabil
Novice Crafter

Finding resources

Post by rakabil » Mon Aug 17, 2009 9:27 pm

Ok, well first topic for me on this site, hope it goes well, I was looking for some resources and not positive about the best way to do this, So far I can't find Thoranium Steele and Class 5 Liquid Petro Fuel, All i was told was to jump from planet to planet and hit use on survey tool, should i set the distance as high as it will go? is there a better way to find these? anyone know which planet is the best to look for these, hope to hear something soon, thanks

JediScout
Novice Crafter

Re: Finding resources

Post by JediScout » Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:10 pm

rakabil wrote:Ok, well first topic for me on this site, hope it goes well, I was looking for some resources and not positive about the best way to do this, So far I can't find Thoranium Steele and Class 5 Liquid Petro Fuel, All i was told was to jump from planet to planet and hit use on survey tool, should i set the distance as high as it will go? is there a better way to find these? anyone know which planet is the best to look for these, hope to hear something soon, thanks
Go to the main site, click on VIEW CURRENT RESOURCES and make sure to filter for your galaxy. That should hopefuly tell you where (planets) stuff is in spawn.

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:15 am

Welcome Rakabit :D
Being THE place to find resources in SWG has always been the number one reason for this site (and its previous incarnation) to exist.
Like JediScout has said, the "Current Resources" feature tells you what is spawning now. The "Find Resources" feature gives you access to our database for any resource that has ever spawned.
It sounds like you are unsure of how the resource system works in the game. Z's guide for Beginning Traders is an excellent place to learn the basics of this and all issues.
You will need your survey device to find the best concentrations of resources, this site will just tell you if a resource is in spawn and which planets.
Thoranium Steel, or any other named steel, will not always be in spawn. There is usually 4-6 steels in spawn. Whether one of them will be a Thoranium Steel is randomly determined. The chances of a Thoranium being in spawn are probably 50/50, so if its not spawning now, in a week or two it is very likely to spawn. Class 5 Liquid Petrol has about the same chances, maybe a bit better of being in spawn. These are two of the more common resources, some things, like named ore or gasses have gone a year or more between spawns. :shock:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:34 am

Welcome R, nice to see newcomers around, awesome :D

/Zimoon

rakabil
Novice Crafter

Post by rakabil » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:03 pm

Thank you all, that helps out alot, I don't really like posting on sites only because some people tend to be alittle harsh, buy not you all, so thank you, and the it was all helpful.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:28 pm

Harsh, here, uuhhmm???

If I see a harsh guy around here I will go hunt down old MTD from the old and buried site and ask him if I can borrow his wet whip of noodles, then I will teach people a lesson 8)

Jokes aside, no no, we are sooooo very kind here you will rather have problems with the fuzzy feelings we might bring forth :lol:

Welcome, have a blast, play around here so you find your way, carve a corner of expertize, submit your whatever, and we will love and hug you :mrgreen:

/Zimoon

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:55 am

Sometimes Z will post before he has his morning cup of coffee, and that can get a little scary :shock: but otherwise we are a mellow bunch here. :lol:

I posted this because I wanted to suggest to you that you change your listed "Server" and "Planet", but I couldnt figure out how to tell you to do that. :cry: One of the nifty features Sobuno added was on the log in page, you can see the very latest resource to spawn on your server (if you list it). The site also sends you to the server and planet you list automatically when you use the "Current Resources" or "Find Resources".

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:49 am

Yeah, I have a coffee problem :oops:

And at times I choose words that are valued differently in English but seems perfectly fine in my dictionary 8)

But once you learn me I am the most laid back guy around, always close to a laugh :lol:

I guess Savacc meant this options page: http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/options.php

/Zimoon