Returning player looking for friends/guild

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

TawlanOogly
Novice Crafter

Returning player looking for friends/guild

Post by TawlanOogly » Sun May 24, 2009 7:39 pm

Hello everyone I've been lurking for a few months but finnally talked myself into re-uping my SWG account and wanted to see about making some friends in game to hang out with.

I have Structure Trader with loads of resources from before but my server ( Tarquinas ) seems like a ghost town so I would like to transfer to a better server.

I noticed Starstrider is fairly busy and a few people here seem to be on that server, Im basically looking to start back slow ... maybe be a miner to assist others as I enjoyed that part of the game alot.

My main toon's name is Tawlan and my new guy is Jahq Mykel .

TawlanOogly
Tawlan Oogly
Tarquinas

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Returning player looking for friends/guild

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Welcome back to SWG. In crafting you will probably recognize most of it, but much of combat is different, IMHO it is mainly in a positive way. SS is a high populated server, yes. Is it also in your time zone and has the least hops == the least Internet lag/ping?

Have fun

/Zimoon

TawlanOogly
Novice Crafter

Post by TawlanOogly » Sun May 24, 2009 11:54 pm

Yeah really nice connection to SS

I created a toon there to check things out and it is nice and busy ... Just gotta make the plunge and move. Also I need to find a niche and generate some income which is why I thought doing some mining first might be a good route to go ?

Any thoughts on what may be a good market for repeat sales...
Tawlan Oogly
Tarquinas

ziso
Novice Crafter

Post by ziso » Mon May 25, 2009 2:10 pm

As a structure trader i find harvesters always sell well, from fusion to elites. Also factories also. I stay away from housing etc as i much rather use Ore is the harvesters (walls) than houses plus our market on farstar is flooded with housing anyhow.

Another area i get alot of joy from, again this is on farstar so i dont know what the situation is on your server, is camps.
Alot of structure traders here sell camps, but its like camps and other sales. I think there would be a good market for a truly outstanding camp dealer, someone who harvesters the resources for qaulity camps (ie good copper for batteries) for longer lasting.

Myself, i sell camps but use basic resources on them and i still sell loads. My best sellers are crates of shuttleport camps as i always say a player should always have a crate on him as ideal if he/she needs help on a quest and drop camp we can all get there quick. Also people who have cities but no shuttleport find them very handy also.

Event camps sell well also with shuttleport, cloner and entertainer modules inside.

The only component that stats matter for the outcome is the batteries. All other modules you can use grind resources. The final camps though, qaulity matters. Alot of the basic camps require alot of hide so its ideal if you have a cl90 combat alt to get hides for you if this is a route your going down. (get a harvester droid (cap 120) and veghash food to harvest hides).

The other thing i sell lots of are crates containers and lighting

Good luck
ziso

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Mon May 25, 2009 3:12 pm

TawlanOogly wrote:Yeah really nice connection to SS
I created a toon there to check things out and it is nice and busy ... Just gotta make the plunge and move. Also I need to find a niche and generate some income which is why I thought doing some mining first might be a good route to go ?
Any thoughts on what may be a good market for repeat sales...
Hoi,

did i mentioned that i always looking for suppliers ? :)

Best
Bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

TawlanOogly
Novice Crafter

Post by TawlanOogly » Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:50 pm

Ok so after a week of being on Starsider I have to say its nice to see so many people running around, big change from Tarq which was a ghost town.

However with so many people Im finding it hard to find spots to put down harvesters seems that there are houses everywhere so that will take some getting used too.

Any advice on this I've scanned a Naboo/Tat for a hour or so each and found a couple spots that would hold some of my harvesters but its tight fitting.

Tawlanx
Tawlan Oogly
Tarquinas

billzilla
Novice Crafter

Post by billzilla » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:18 pm

Welcome back to the game. I, too, am a recent returnee who's transferred to Starsider from a ghost town (Wanderhome, here) and am enjoying having people around to talk to/do business with. Could always use a new structures tradin' pal. /tell Stowwx if you ever need an Engineer.

As for where to put Harvies, it's just one of those things we have to deal with now, like competition. :) I try to stick to the edges of the map, and I usually seem to have the best luck finding a place to drop one on Endor. Your mileage may vary.