Harvestor Modules

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Droid Engineer Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Harvestor Modules

Post by Tech Twin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:10 pm

So, I've read that that there is a diminishing return on the these modules as you reach the 120 cap. Has anyone determined what the optimal mod rating is for the resources used? I hate to use all 960+ resources when I could get by with something 920+ and only trade-off a minimal ammount of efficiency.

What's everyone opinion?

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Tinsel
I came here on the bandwagon

Re: Harvestor Modules

Post by Tinsel » Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:52 pm

From a sales perspective, a lot of people simply won't buy anything less than 120 anyway, so do take that into consideration.

In any case, no need for opinions when we have facts. Someone over on the official forums ran tests and posted up his data to prove the diminishing returns: here's the thread! And here's a relevant snippet from his conclusions (but go and look at the pretty graphs anyway):
If a player could harvest 100 units of hide alone, a 120 CH rated droid should yield approximately 185 units of hide. Interestingly, a 110 droid would yield a harvest of 181 and a 115 droid would yield a harvest of 184.
Haunna Tanotalos, Elder Chef et al.
-4050 +870, Dantooine, Starsider
http://www.jademoon.org

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:49 pm

Ya, for personal use, do whatever. For sale, the only real income will come from 120 or very close, you will have to reduce price a lot on the lower quality droids to get rid of them.

Look at it from the other side: why should I bother using a less efficient droid when I can get a capped one for a price I can afford?

Only when the prices reach the sky I would begin comparing prices.

/Zimoon

Tech Twin
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tech Twin » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:30 pm

yeah, I totally get it. I'm having trouble getting resources over 960 and not haveing played in a could years I cannot afford the ridiculous resources prices on Starsider, lol.

The Namasoon Zoo as featured on Garva's "Home Show"; Nostalgia from SWG of Old!

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:26 pm

My best bet is to find a guild with a few friendly crafters. Usually they have no problem handing you what you need once they have learned you and found you to be a friendly and generous guy. Usually the generosity is more at the helpful side as they know a new crafter cannot give much, but anybody can help or lend lots for harvesting or whatever :)

It is possible to play the trader class solo, but that is to do it the hard way 8)

/Zimoon

Dregs
Novice Crafter

Post by Dregs » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:15 am

I guess I'm doing it the hard way... :shock:

I sold some of my capped 120 CH droids at 125k, because I didn't put any armor modules in them. However the ones that I did remember to put armor modules in, I sold for 300k.

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Post by Dimmih » Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:28 am

Right... I've got a problem of my own with this... just made a 120 harvesting MK droid, put in a level 6 armor module... but the damn thing is still lvl 1 with 100 hp, then I see some other guy on vendor search that sells 120 harvesting droids with 4k hp.... do i need to fill both the defensive module slots to get any armor and hp? if i just fill one of the two will that just bug?

*edit* ok now I'm really annoyed... this time I made one with two level 6 armor modules and its still lvl 1 with 100 hp and no armor! wtf? how can this be? there is no room for a combat module in the droid if im going to cap the creature harvesting.... unless the defensive module slot allows a combat module?
<DDE> Dimmih's Droid Emporium
On Europe-Farstar visit my shop in Free Sands (Tatooine)

Reeth
I came here on the bandwagon

Post by Reeth » Sat Sep 12, 2009 2:48 pm

Dimmih wrote:Right... I've got a problem of my own with this... just made a 120 harvesting MK droid, put in a level 6 armor module... but the damn thing is still lvl 1 with 100 hp, then I see some other guy on vendor search that sells 120 harvesting droids with 4k hp.... do i need to fill both the defensive module slots to get any armor and hp? if i just fill one of the two will that just bug?
This is another problem introduced with update 12. As you've discovered, armor modules do nothing unless the droid also has at least one combat module installed. The droids with 4k hp will have been made before the update. The first droid I made after the update was one of these +120 harvesters with armor, and I was just as disappointed with the result. :cry:

Some of the older droid models have armor slots but can not use combat modules so this has the potential to cause some confusion, but there has been no word yet on whether this was a deliberate change or a mistake.

Dimmih
Novice Crafter

Post by Dimmih » Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:30 pm

So basically its just a waste of an armor module on these, I should just leave the defensive slots empty... Verry clever SOE, NOT!! :D
<DDE> Dimmih's Droid Emporium
On Europe-Farstar visit my shop in Free Sands (Tatooine)

Sakh
Novice Crafter

Post by Sakh » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:33 pm

Dimmih wrote:So basically its just a waste of an armor module on these, I should just leave the defensive slots empty... Verry clever SOE, NOT!! :D
Not only on these, tbh. SOE's new math, introduced in GU12 broke 7 of the formerly existed droid models. Which means, that none of the models without at least 1 insertable combat module slot (a.k.a. the utility droids) are craftable only at max cl1 with 100 health and without any armor protection. SOE was aware of this issue, but didn't give a &@#%, no matter, how hard we asked this to be fixed before GU12 hits live servers... :(

Post-GU12 Your best bet would be an AdvProbot with 100 creature harvesting bonus (5 capped ch.-module in the generic slots - and combat/armor modules in the other ones). This would give You a cl60+ combat droid with 100 harvesting bonus and with quite good health/armor/combat stats/skills. (Can't remember the exact numbers, and can't check it atm, as I'm in the office - but I already use these instead of my former capped MK3s and AdvR3s... Imho the slightly less harvesting bonus seems to be compensated with the stats and combat skills, a cl60+ (cl60 for non-traders) with the new skills helps to kill the mobs faster, than the former cl30 models.