Plexite Amorphous Gemstone

Ask & answer questions, submit ideas or post guides on the Tailor Expertise.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

negam
Novice Crafter

Plexite Amorphous Gemstone

Post by negam » Wed May 14, 2008 4:54 pm

To the tailors out there....Is this gemstone rare? I've been in need of a spawn somewhere for the Twe'lik Noble Crest but cant seem to find it.

I happened to locate the "Green Diamond Crystalline Gemstone" on Dantooine (Wanderhome) this morning but am at work now and cant remember the specifics so I cant add it to the resources page.

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Plexite Amorphous Gemstone

Post by kelsaka » Wed May 14, 2008 5:15 pm

I'm afraid so. I think it took around 6 months of looking for some to spawn on Infinity after I'd hit master. Green Diamond wasn't so bad.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 14, 2008 5:26 pm

Some resources are more rare than others. That is one of the two main reasons I always advise against speed grinding and why I mention it early on in the Beginners Guide for Traders ;)

/Zmoon

negam
Novice Crafter

Post by negam » Wed May 14, 2008 8:56 pm

I think it took around 6 months of looking for some to spawn on Infinity after I'd hit master
Well then, guess I gotta wait about a couple months or go buy some if its available. Thanks for the reply.

Some resources are more rare than others. That is one of the two main reasons I always advise against speed grinding and why I mention it early on in the Beginners Guide for Traders
Yes, the debate over the issue of power grinding or respec characters is quite a "can-o-worms" to open.

Thanks

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu May 15, 2008 12:30 am

There are 10 different Armophous gemstones in the game, of which Plexite is one. Most of the time, there are two Armophous gemstones in spawn in every galaxy, but sometimes only one. Each spawn lasts an average of 10 days. So odds are Plexite will spawn every 50-60 days.

There are only 8 Crystal Gemstones, so Green Diamond will spawn more often then Plexite.

negam
Novice Crafter

Post by negam » Thu May 15, 2008 11:02 am

Thank you Savacc, short spawn time would be easy to miss if you werent actively pursuing the resource. Does a "rare" list exist somewhere?

exhibit69
Novice Crafter

Post by exhibit69 » Thu May 15, 2008 12:25 pm

Dear Negam:
This post contains a list of the known resource types for the inorganic resources. Each category is listed by rarity factor.
http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29
This Next post contains a very detailed explanation of why and where resources spawn.
http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewtopic.php?t=70

There are 2 reasons why this gemstone is rare.
One is because, due to technical reasons, gemstones occupy a low position on the random chart, and so usually have limited versions in spawn.
The other is because, the top classes of gemstone, tend to spawn on adventure planets. May times, these gems spawn and expire before a tailor manages to notice them.

More detailed understanding can be found through a Free resource deed. Merely open the deed to the gemstone category, and see how many of each type of gem have spawned in your galaxy. Each specific galaxy has some resources that have been more or less rare.

Sincerely,
Exhibit69

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Thu May 15, 2008 2:25 pm

Using the 'Find Resource' feature Plexite seems to be spawning every month on Infinity. I don't seem to be able to search for a specific time period so I can't see if this is a more recent occurance or if its always been spawning more or less monthly (no, I'm not going to check every entry for the date it was added, I do have a life outside of SWG :p )

So while my earlier answer was correct for my situation of having trouble finding it, the long wait may have been mostly due to the lack of knowledge that SWGCraft existed, my inexperience with mining, and my habit of only checking Corellia and Naboo for resources.

I'll go back to lurking now, safer that way :wink:
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

negam
Novice Crafter

Post by negam » Thu May 15, 2008 2:47 pm

There are 2 reasons why this gemstone is rare.
One is because, due to technical reasons, gemstones occupy a low position on the random chart, and so usually have limited versions in spawn.
The other is because, the top classes of gemstone, tend to spawn on adventure planets. May times, these gems spawn and expire before a tailor manages to notice them.
By adventure planet you mean, Kash or Musty right?
More detailed understanding can be found through a Free resource deed. Merely open the deed to the gemstone category, and see how many of each type of gem have spawned in your galaxy. Each specific galaxy has some resources that have been more or less rare.
A free resource deed is a 6-month vet award or is this something I can purchase.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu May 15, 2008 3:27 pm

negam wrote:By adventure planet you mean, Kash or Musty right?
Nope, they are expansions. Adventure planets are those where you cannot put down houses, Dathomir, Endor, and Yavin4, and in fact Dantooine is counted as well since it has the big game. Possibly Lok, but I am uncertain there.
negam wrote:A free resource deed is a 6-month vet award or is this something I can purchase.
Yes, the 6 month one-time-per-account reward. They are sold per tens of millions mainly since Jedi and high end WS pop them for weapons crafting.

It is a great asset to use as a galaxy-wide sampling utility. So, do not pop the crate!!! It shows all historical resources for each resource class. At the final screen before claiming a resource you can read its stats in detail, not to buy a pig in a poke. The thing is, the "crate" does not only present all historical resources but also what is currently in spawn, and next week it will, and so forth.

Now, sitting at your porch you can "sample" resources all over the galaxy Almost always the new resources are read bottommost in the list of that resource class, I have only occasionally seen temporary exceptions from that rule.

Just be cautious when at the read-the-stats-screen, do not type chat or anything else but cautiously back out from that screen before any sudden moves, or you may end up with some lousy meat in your inventory. I use to have the in-game notepad open and take notes, back out and look up the next.

After all, 30k of anything is just that, and it may be inferior tomorrow. An eternal galaxy-wide sampling tool is much more valuable. Having SWGCraft updated will be very much more beneficial to you and all your fellow crafters at your galaxy, not only this week but years to come.

For all other common resources but Creature resources the utility linked to in my signature, SWGAide, supports ISDroid reports and then the "crate" is simply awesome. I update about 30 resources a day at SWGCraft in just 15 minutes. That wold be impossible not using the "crate".

My experience is that as soon as a few starts updating SWGCraft others chime in, but as long as only one or zero does it many bail out since it becomes a chore. Understandable.

/Zimoon

exhibit69
Novice Crafter

Post by exhibit69 » Thu May 15, 2008 10:52 pm

Dear Negam:

My personal research shows that there seem to be 5 classes of planet for resource spawn purposes.

Class 1 <Starter Planets> : This covers Naboo, Corellia, Tattoine

Class 2 <Moons> : Covers Talus, Rori, Lok

Class 3 <Adventure Planets> Dathomir, Endor, Dantoinne

Class 1, 2 and 3 planets have all the normal and JTL resources available.

The higher the class of planet, the better chance that the more rare resources will be seen there.

I leave the nature of class 4 and 5 planets as an excersice for the reader.

negam
Novice Crafter

Post by negam » Thu May 15, 2008 11:02 pm

Thanks to all that replied! Thanks for your time and patience with new crafters. I am sure you guys get tired of answering the same questions over and over but it is very much appreciated.

Cant wait till I get the resource tool. I should be able to contribute to this site a lil easier then. Till now its been paper and pencil notes. :)
Thanks again to all.

Hodru
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Post by Hodru » Fri May 16, 2008 12:40 am

Yes, combining the resource crate with Zimoon's AWESOME tool is very nice. I'd stronly suggest anyone interested in helping to maintain this site not pop the crate (or keep one available anyway).

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri May 16, 2008 4:42 am

exhibit69 wrote:Dear Negam:

My personal research shows that there seem to be 5 classes of planet for resource spawn purposes.

Class 1 <Starter Planets> : This covers Naboo, Corellia, Tattoine

Class 2 <Moons> : Covers Talus, Rori, Lok

Class 3 <Adventure Planets> Dathomir, Endor, Dantoinne

Class 1, 2 and 3 planets have all the normal and JTL resources available.

The higher the class of planet, the better chance that the more rare resources will be seen there.

I leave the nature of class 4 and 5 planets as an excersice for the reader.
Im not sure I can agree with you here. My observations are that resources spawn an a totally random basis. A "rare" resource will be just as rarely seen an Naboo as it is on Dathomir. As you stated earlier, what makes a resource rare is the priority it gets for additional spawns. Jemstones are rare because they only get one, or most of the time two spawns on any given day. Ore is even rarer, because they often have one, and ocasionally two spawns each. Contrast that with Iron, which has 14 spawns all the time.

Hodru
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Post by Hodru » Fri May 16, 2008 1:11 pm

I think I agree with Savacc. I think we are just as likely to see a 'rare' resource on a starter planet as anywhere else.