30k Resource Kit

Discuss any general aspect of crafting in this forum.

Moderators: Crafting Forum Moderators, Forum Moderator

Dartt Dooley
Novice Crafter

30k Resource Kit

Post by Dartt Dooley » Tue Mar 27, 2007 6:18 am

Isn't there a way to use these to our advantage?

To look at all the resources spawns and to see whats the highest quality?
Image Image

Dartt Dooley
Novice Crafter

Post by Dartt Dooley » Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:24 am

Alright so it shows all the resources that have spawned on the server right? Then does that mean some of these are not spawning right now?
Image Image

Dark'Force
Novice Crafter

Post by Dark'Force » Tue Mar 27, 2007 1:29 pm

The resource kit is great for checking resources, that is what i use to update radiant with. It is usually the last resource in the list which is in shift. Send out some survey droids and make sure it is in shift.

Onyx
Chef Forum Moderator

Post by Onyx » Tue Apr 03, 2007 6:01 pm

Dartt Dooley wrote:Alright so it shows all the resources that have spawned on the server right? Then does that mean some of these are not spawning right now?
It shows every resource that has ever spawned on that server. It's a great tool for checking current spawns (the current JTL and organics spawns are the ones that are last in their list) as well as checking stats of any resource that has ever spawned.

You can get all the way to the stats of a resource and then cancel to go backwards. You need to be careful, though, so that you don't accidentally claim something you don't want:)

prea
Novice Crafter

Re: 30k Resource Kit

Post by prea » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:33 am

how do you now where the resourse spon is there a better way then servaying

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:15 am

prea wrote:how do you now where the resourse spon is there a better way then servaying
You could pay, or otherwise convince someone else to survey for you, but surveying is the only way to find a good spot to put down a harvester on a resource spawn.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:24 am

prea wrote:how do you now where the resourse spon is there a better way then servaying
As Savacc said, only surveying does the job.

So, how to survey efficiently? First off, remember to upgrade the tool's range regularly. Any novice surveyor can only survey for 64x64meters but a CL90 Trader surveys for 320x320 meter.

Secondly, most spawns have a quite wide visibility, hence you don't necessarily need to travel each 100 meters back and forth over the planet and take notes, but you can travel for example every 1000 meters and follow eventual peaks, if not pleased with the concentration, kind of return to where you took off and continue from there.

I most often settle not far from my city when I find a concentration which I know is in the upper range of possible concentrations for the resource class. Unless I happen to have unlimited time of course, or just for the fun of traveling and finding new player cities or visit old ones I haven't seen in a while.

Welcome around

/Zimoon