Pirates of the Burning Sea

Discuss anything and everything in this forum.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Re: Pirates of the Burning Sea

Post by Savacc » Sun Mar 16, 2008 7:26 am

Havent seen you guys on in a few days, are we switching?

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:09 pm

Yep, I'm going to be playing on the Rack as well. My new toon is Matthew Fogg, he's a Naval Officer.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Mon Mar 17, 2008 10:22 pm

OK, Ill make a char there. What are Byke and Spare's Char names?

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Wed Mar 19, 2008 8:19 am

My Char on Rockham is Heather Christensen, still in the tutorial, we are Brits, right?

Tyfo
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tyfo » Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:20 am

The game seems fairly interesting. I will wait for a free trial though.

Byke
Novice Crafter

Post by Byke » Thu Mar 20, 2008 11:28 am

Lol. Completely forgot I posted in this thread lol, sorry been stupid busy.

My toon is Byke Eka
Spare's is Spare Haseo or Vitek Palleon

we're brits on the rockham server, truth be told I havnt logged on in a bit cause school is kicking my ass :shock:
Byke - Just a guy
"Whoever said the pen was mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." -Douglas MacArthur"

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Thu Mar 20, 2008 9:01 pm

Well, I'm moving right along with my toon. He's up to level 8 and I'll actually start doing production of leather for a little while.

Savacc

Post by Savacc » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:49 am

I havent seen any of you on Rockham. :cry:
Tyfo are you interested in a "buddy key" free trial? Ild have to find it if you are, or someone else lurking?

Tyfo
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tyfo » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:42 pm

I'll have to pass for now, I'm toooooo busy.

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:42 pm

Allright were is everyone, me and Savacc met up and did a bit of grinding over the weekend, but haven't seen anyone else.

Memnoc
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Memnoc » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:52 am

Hello

I'm not playing pirates of the burning sea its just not my game. I don't like it at all. Instead I'm waiting for EarthRise.

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:17 pm

Memnoc wrote:Hello

I'm not playing pirates of the burning sea its just not my game. I don't like it at all. Instead I'm waiting for EarthRise.

No problem man, it's not for everyone.

Byke
Novice Crafter

Post by Byke » Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:01 am

Tests are done, loggin in tonight :D
Byke - Just a guy
"Whoever said the pen was mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons." -Douglas MacArthur"

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Post by wrackspurt » Mon Apr 07, 2008 11:44 am

Tyfo wrote:The game seems fairly interesting. I will wait for a free trial though.
Yeah, asking us to blindly shell out $50 without even testing it, is asking a lot. But those of you playing it are satisfied though? Is it worth it?

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Mon Apr 07, 2008 3:53 pm

wrackspurt wrote:
Tyfo wrote:The game seems fairly interesting. I will wait for a free trial though.
Yeah, asking us to blindly shell out $50 without even testing it, is asking a lot. But those of you playing it are satisfied though? Is it worth it?
Yep, been having a good time. Me and Savacc hung out for a few hours on Saturday and Sunday leveling our toons on Rackham. I think we've got the basics all hammered out now. I got to level 27 last night and upgraded to a Stralsund. It's a nice ship and lot's of fun to roll around in.

For those that are about to begin, or are borderline, here is what I did with my current toon on Rackham.

As a Brit, I started down in the Guyana's and ran missions and did Drakesman hunting till I hit level 8. At level 8 I picked up a Bermuda Sloop and proceeded to nothing but Drakesman grinding and the occasional mission in Les Hattes until about level 15. Also, at a bout level 5 I bought a Desperation Raft and sailed it up to Port Royal (The Brit Capital), you'll need that there to take advantage of the ability to jump from ship to ship. Always keep a Desperation Raft there so that you can easily shoot up there to turn in commendations and pennants. During this time I also did a little bit of economy work. I ran the following structures out of Les Hattes.

Plantation (general) - used for Maize
Pasture - use the maize from the plantation to make livestock
Slaughterhouse - kill the livestock for beef and hide, also do the first processing on the hides & process beef into useable meat
Tannery - convert the hide to leather
Carpenter - using the leather and common wood purchased off of the Auction House I used this to make Hull Patches for me and Savacc to use. I sold a few, but mainly it was so that I would always have plenty. The emergency hull patch is the most common one you will use for quite a while, however, it does not sell for very much, so at best I broke even on it.
Draughtsman's Office - This is used for making the structure deeds that I use, I would also occasionally make some for Savacc when he needed it and I was on.

That's 6 out of the 10 lots I had on this server, the rest I alternated with additional leather making, or making other consumables that I needed.

At level 21, I upgraded my ship finally to a Postillionen Frigate.

I then proceeded to finish off all of the quests in the Guyana's. I think I got 2 more levels out of that, and went and completed my level 20 class quest. (There are class quests every 5 levels, you can usually do them easily about 3 levels after you receive them, i.e. lvl 5 quest at lvl 8, lvl 10 at lvl 13, etc.)

Once you've completed all of the quests in the Guyana area, the storyline quest should have to missions for you in the Yucatan at Santa Catalina. Go ahead and load up what you'll need, it's a long trip and you'll be doing a lot there. Santa Catalina is nice after dealing with Les Hattes, Bartica & Jenny Bay for so long, so take a good walk around and start picking up missions to run. It'll take you a while to run all of them, and you might want to be careful of them. There is a mission where you are sent out in a loaner ship to deal with a crazy guy. You have two choices once you find yourself on this mission and it all depends on whether you want a peg leg or not. If you don't want it, cancel the mission before you engage the enemy and delete the mission. If you do, then enjoy one of the more entertaining missions I've dealt with.

Anyway, after finishing all the missions there, we headed up to Ambergris and started taking them there. At this point I realized it was time to move my base of operations, so I've destroyed all of the structures I had in Les Hattes, sold off to the junk vendor stuff that wouldn't sell on the auction house, and loaded up my Bermuda Sloop with all of the consumables I'd made.

Note: For those of you paying attention I now have a Desperation Raft in Port Royal, a Bermuda Sloop in Les Hattes, and in Ambergris I have my Postillionen Frigate and my Stralsund. I'll probably leave the Postillionen there for a while so that I can bounce between all three areas as needed. Each player can have 4 ships at a time (except Freetraders, they can have up to 6).

So there you go, I'll see you guys online.