Wishlist/Ideas thread for SWGAide Resource thingamabob

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Wishlist/Ideas thread for SWGAide Resource thingamabob

Post by Zimoon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:17 pm

ordio wrote:Hi Zimoon,
Rommel introduced this to me yesterday (well, told me about it while he was inputting resources), and i wanted to say awesome job on the program...

But there are 2 things that i'd like to request... that i've noticed i cannot do.
1. I'd like to be able to catalog my database on my home and work computer... is there a way i can have both locations access a single location for my resources? With some effort on your side, yes. I will remember your suggestion though.

The crucial part is the SWGAide.DAT file. If, but only if, the file paths to SWGAide itself and to SWG are exactly identical on both locations then it is simply a matter of copying the one to the other location, and back again. If the file paths differ the answer is no.

However, if all you want is to keep an eye at resources while at work but you don't really play there and then do not really update SWGAide actively, then you can export your inventory and guards and simply mail those export file to work. See the felp files on how to export (F1 when at the panel you want to learn about).

2. I personally play on 2 servers...
Bloodfin: i've played for just over a year, and have inputted a lot of resources (i apparently have 108 resources, but quite a few with 10-15 million of each resource)...
Radiant: Transfer from Valcyn... I've played Valcyn for 4 1/2 years before doing the free cts to radiant.

Now, Valcyn had some uber resources recently (Eenat, Polymer, OQ 996, SR 996, vint ore, etc)...
I have split my resources from valcyn and moved some to Bloodfin, but the rest were sent to Radiant...

I'd like to be able to catalog my valcyn resources in the Bloodfin and Radiant databases...

I had read that i could import my valcyn resources into the valcyn database, but the problem is that i don't even have a valcyn toon anymore...So i can't just import my valcyn resources to the valcyn database...

This is more of a wishlist idea... as i have a few other resources on both servers that are from other servers (wanderhome, starsider, etc) that i've never had a toon on.

Workaround: I believe you would still have traces of the old toon at Valcyn at the harddisk (in the SWG\profiles folder), then Valcyn is still an option :)
Otherwise, create a dummy entry for Valcyn in the SWG folder. Just mimic how the folders are named for some existing character but do it for Valcyn.

Fix everything for the Valcyn resources so they have their stats etc. Export the inventory file. Manually split it into two files where one has the resources for Bloodfin and the other those for Radiant. Import the appropriate file into the proper galaxy. Again, read the help files to see how you can assign the "name" Valcyn for the import resources, if I remember off of the top of my head you simply replace the current name in the export file with "Valcyn" a simple search and replace in other words.

Thanks.
Thanks for the kind words :)

Good luck
/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sun Feb 22, 2009 11:57 am

Hoi,

i just noticed that i can't markl a resource unavailable from the monitor page. Any reason for that ?

Best
bel
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:25 pm

Belisama wrote:Hoi,

i just noticed that i can't markl a resource unavailable from the monitor page. Any reason for that ?

Best
bel
good idea, thanks :)
/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:39 am

One thing I wouldn't mind seeing is the ability to print the sales for a given day, as a structures trader I stock hundreds of little items and the ability to print a days sales would make restocking much easier.

Yeah ok its not a game breaker but I felt the need to post.
:)

RebelDawg
Apprentice Crafter

Post by RebelDawg » Wed Mar 11, 2009 5:59 pm

My recent work adding Guards and the vast amount of them have lead me to ask for the following.....

Move Guards to a main tab something similar to this
Attachments
Guard Tab 2.PNG
Guard Tab 2.PNG (44.61 KiB) Viewed 5810 times

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:16 pm

I will consider your suggestion in the future, but at the foreseeable time it won't happen since there are tasks with a lot higher priority on the table, schematics for one, which in many ways will affect how guards work and can be maintained/created.

Thanks for the input.

/Zimoon

Malane
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Malane » Sun May 17, 2009 5:56 pm

Tick box (same as Calc no-stat and Alarm) for disregarding Mustafar/Kashyyyk resources on the guard creation screen.

This is so guards are not screaming at me regarding a resource that I'm not willing to afk hand sample for.
Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 19, 2009 6:28 am

Malane wrote:Tick box (same as Calc no-stat and Alarm) for disregarding Mustafar/Kashyyyk resources on the guard creation screen.

This is so guards are not screaming at me regarding a resource that I'm not willing to afk hand sample for.
This feature was a lot easier to implement than I imagined, it is committed and will be included in the next release of SWGAide. A checkbox in the right-mouse popup dialog, if selected no Inorganic resources from Kashyyyk and Mustafar will trigger the alert, neither will the be listed in the selection if you click a guard. The drawback is that making guards explicitly for Kashyykian/Mustafarian resources are broken with this option selected :twisted:
/Zimoon