SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide v0.7.9 Beta

Post by Rommel » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:33 am

It's there. Animal bone is under Bone, the names go like...Dantooine Animal Bones, Lokian Animal Bones. They don't get their own sub tree beyond just Bone.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:42 am

Rommel is correct, there exist no notion of Animal Bone as its own class in SWG.

In a previous version of the XML file, based on something old SWGCraft, it had its own class, but I verified that it is not present in game. You can cross-check using the 30k crate.

There are other "classes" that behave in the same way: there is no class named Deciduous Wood in game but it is named Hard Wood, however, the wood itself is for example Rori Deciduous Wood, etc.

That said, I appreciate all input on the matter and I guess I should start another thread to capture input on the resource XML file, to keep it out of SWGAide since they are not really related ;)

/Zimoon

panino76
Intermediate Crafter

Post by panino76 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:48 am

Zimoon wrote:Rommel is correct, there exist no notion of Animal Bone as its own class in SWG.

In a previous version of the XML file, based on something old SWGCraft, it had its own class, but I verified that it is not present in game. You can cross-check using the 30k crate.

There are other "classes" that behave in the same way: there is no class named Deciduous Wood in game but it is named Hard Wood, however, the wood itself is for example Rori Deciduous Wood, etc.

That said, I appreciate all input on the matter and I guess I should start another thread to capture input on the resource XML file, to keep it out of SWGAide since they are not really related ;)

/Zimoon
God....30k kit, why I didn't thought about it....

Thanks, this was everything I needed to know, sry to hijack your thread, I'll open a new one if needed. :)

Artax Wavingwalker

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:39 am

Just created a new thread for discussions on the XML file, same forum board as this thread as it is used by third party tools :)
/Z

ilica
Novice Crafter

Post by ilica » Sat Jul 12, 2008 9:35 pm

I am just coming back to the game and found your wonderful app. I updated a few resources on swgcraft opened the swgaid program but they are not showing in the app. For example planet lowce mineral Koake is showing stats on the main page but are showing as all zeros in swgaide. I deleted the files in the temp directory called swgcraft-lowca-status.txt and swgcraft-lowca-current.xml, reopened swgaide. It still did not update. I checked the xml file and does show the resource but with no stats. I am not sure if it's a problem with swgaide or the file from swgcraft site. Let me know.

thanks.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:46 pm

ilica wrote:I am just coming back to the game and found your wonderful app. I updated a few resources on swgcraft opened the swgaid program but they are not showing in the app. For example planet lowce mineral Koake is showing stats on the main page but are showing as all zeros in swgaide. I deleted the files in the temp directory called swgcraft-lowca-status.txt and swgcraft-lowca-current.xml, reopened swgaide. It still did not update. I checked the xml file and does show the resource but with no stats. I am not sure if it's a problem with swgaide or the file from swgcraft site. Let me know.

thanks.
Welcome back to game.
SWGCraft compiles its exported data file once an hour, probably you have to wait until the file is compiled again. SWGAide checks regularly by itself and will download the news eventually.

I just figured I should add a time-stamp to tell when the last file compile available.

/Zimoon

Maceey
Novice Crafter

Post by Maceey » Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:20 pm

So hi :)
I have been using swgaide for a while now to update swgcraft. I love the droid function. However i got a new computer and did a copy paste of the folder. It seemd to work just fine and it told me to update so i did. I updated to the 0.9.7 beta and it's no longer loading any new mails i save with swg. Any idea how to fix it?

Update it "crashed" and now i can't select any character when i start it up in the main tab. And by crashed... It didn't respond after 5 mins so i killed it.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:06 am

Maceey wrote:So hi :)
I have been using swgaide for a while now to update swgcraft. I love the droid function. However i got a new computer and did a copy paste of the folder. It seemd to work just fine and it told me to update so i did. I updated to the 0.9.7 beta and it's no longer loading any new mails i save with swg. Any idea how to fix it?

Update it "crashed" and now i can't select any character when i start it up in the main tab. And by crashed... It didn't respond after 5 mins so i killed it.
New computer? With Windows Vista? It can be the common problem with Java applications under Vista, does it work better when you run Vista in administrator mode?

Another question is: Does the file path to SWGAide look exactly as the file path at the old computer. I mean, if the old folder was in C:\Program\foo\bar\SWGAide, is it the same now. I have not prepared SWGAide to be moved by copy and paste and possibly there are a lot of files in the DAT file that points into something non-existing. Try move the DAT file to a safe place (including the DAT backup files in the folder "backups") and start SWGAide. It should start as if new installed but will pick up old mails etcetera.

Does any of this help? Let me know and I can update the README file.

/Zimoon

Maceey
Novice Crafter

Post by Maceey » Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:22 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Maceey wrote:So hi :)

New computer? With Windows Vista? It can be the common problem with Java applications under Vista, does it work better when you run Vista in administrator mode?

Another question is: Does the file path to SWGAide look exactly as the file path at the old computer. I mean, if the old folder was in C:\Program\foo\bar\SWGAide, is it the same now. I have not prepared SWGAide to be moved by copy and paste and possibly there are a lot of files in the DAT file that points into something non-existing. Try move the DAT file to a safe place (including the DAT backup files in the folder "backups") and start SWGAide. It should start as if new installed but will pick up old mails etcetera.

Does any of this help? Let me know and I can update the README file.

/Zimoon
Well it's windows xp... But my game disk changed names... I'll try to change it back and see if it works :)

Edit well i moved the page file and changed the drive letters.. And it works :D I guess it couldn't find the game directory anymore. But it works again :d

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jul 15, 2008 7:08 pm

Great, and thanks for the verification. I will work on it sometime in the future, that if file paths is inconsistent some kind of update must occur. For now I will add a note in the README to try to move out the DAT file and its backups.

/Zimoon

Maceey
Novice Crafter

Post by Maceey » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:39 am

Just to clarify. My game and swgaide folder are on a different harddrive. I did a clean new install of windows. I had to install the launcer and point it towards swg folder and it worked. All i had to do for swgaide is have the same drive letter and folder path :)

Rommel
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Rommel » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:27 am

My 2 cents on the above.

When moving SWGAide put the jar in the new location and copy the album, mails, and misc folders and then start it. It will go though the initialization and then your good to go. Using this method you will lose and custom mail folders and other preferences but you still have your mail so everything is fine, just setup the things again.

In the future though I assume the crafting folder will be used to store a users resource inventory and the like and I see there is a DAT file in there so that might cause problems in the future if it has paths and stuff.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:27 am

I must admit, when I started out this journey I never thought of things such as moving SWGAide around nor changing computers. Had I been that smart I would have made some things slightly differently. However, SWGAide has not painted itself into a corner so in a future it is possible to change things.

Personal inventories and these kinds of things will not be held in the main DAT file but in smaller DAT files contained locally. No file paths are involved.

And after reading this I see some changes I will suggest to rather have some data locally without a full file path. Mails for one. Thanks for all feedback and great input.

/Zimoon

Veerlo
Novice Crafter

Post by Veerlo » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:28 pm

While you are making the changes for inventory... I don't know how much more work it would be nor has it been suggested yet but would it be possible when you get the inventory page done that yuo can link that ressource name/type to SwgCraft for easy access to stats ?

I am about to try to do that on my Worksheet i made just not sure how to do it but i will try :lol:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:40 pm

Veerlo wrote:While you are making the changes for inventory... I don't know how much more work it would be nor has it been suggested yet but would it be possible when you get the inventory page done that yuo can link that ressource name/type to SwgCraft for easy access to stats ?
This is definitely already in the loop :D
And Sobuno have created an interface that will make it work as a charm :D :D
/Zimoon