SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide v0.7.33 Beta

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:07 pm

Replied by IRL mail :)

EDITED:

OK, I guess I will disable it then. Wonder though, why it only happens to you :?
Can you have a look at the file SWGAide.DAT just after exiting SWGAide, does the "last change" date/time read the same time you exited SWGAide? If not, and if you are using Windows Vista you probably must set administration rights for SWGAide, more is read in http://www.swgcraft.co.uk/forums/viewto ... 8888#p8888

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jul 31, 2009 9:41 am

Just a small heads up,

I am spending quite some time coding SWGAide at the moment, I have 3 weeks vacation so ... 8)
Oooh, yes, I am having a lot of fun coding, so don't worry.

Things are going great, the issue for me is similar to moving around a fully furnished house, as-is, to another location in the 'hood. Or, I can tell you guys to crap your DAT file and start over again 8)

Anyway, things are going great, necessary changes on the low-level stuff is more or less done, and I am now dealing with the meddle tier of code, which controls everything regarding resources. The GUI code hardly needs any changes at all, it was made modular from start.

However, I am going out of town for one week, starting tomorrow, Saturday. No Internet. Help each other the best way you can, please.

Greetings
/Zimoon

Trixie9819
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Trixie9819 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:39 pm

Morning, I have a suggestion/request for SWGAide.

In the section of 'submit resources' you have the row for 'single input/edit' which I use when going through the creature resources. Since it's easier to have the self check of 'that resource cannot be naturally harvested on that planet' and there are rarely more than 5 or 6 creature resources to be entered, I always use the single input line.

My request, is there a possibility of a 'clear' button? Something that wipes out everything you just entered in that one section?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:27 pm

Didn't I add one in the most recent release? Just came home so my memory is blurred 8)

If not, it is there already, in my local version of next release :P

/Zimoon

JarrettKaz
Novice Crafter

Post by JarrettKaz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 4:43 pm

Zimoon,

I started using your utility a few months ago to catalog my resources, find the best ones in my inventory to craft the best stuff, and to look for uber resources to harvest. I enjoy it very much, you must be commended for your hard work!

I am getting tired of thumbing through my notebook to look up what is needed for each schematic, and since I have some vacation coming up soon, I was going to put them into some sort of document format on my computer.

I noticed your schematics tab with the "Coming...soon?" (to be real Star Warsy it should be "Coming....soon?" a big Star Wars geek will get that one).

To make this long post short.... Is there a format or program (Word, Excel) that would help you to import this information into SWGAide for later use? Sorry I do not know any Java script.

I have level 90s of all the crafting professions and was planning to do this for ALL the schematics. (that is my plan, but we shall see)

Once again I enjoy using your program and tought I might be able to assist.
Boodwoed Atewa
Officer / Elder Ranger
RSA Guild Leader
Bria

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:13 pm

There's a schematic XML file generated by this site twice a week that I think Zimoon is going to use.

JarrettKaz
Novice Crafter

Post by JarrettKaz » Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Where do I find it? Are you speaking about the ones in the schematics area of SWGCraft Project, those seem very outdated.
Boodwoed Atewa
Officer / Elder Ranger
RSA Guild Leader
Bria

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:54 pm

JarrettKaz wrote:Where do I find it? Are you speaking about the ones in the schematics area of SWGCraft Project, those seem very outdated.
http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/sendfile.php?file=schem.xml is the one I am speaking of, it updates twice a week with the changes made to the schematics here at SWGCraft.

Now, I am curious, which ones were you talking about?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:15 pm

Chiming in here. Yes, I will use the exported XML file Sobuno is talking about. And I got it and will see if I can `redify´ that geek joke :lol:

Unfortunately the Schematics tab is put on hold since I am reworking the resource design from bottom up. The original design, from 2005, was not really designed to be used for inventory, harvesters, and Yoda-knows-what in SWGAide, thus I have to make it instance controlled and split some features apart to accommodate for a new, improved and robust design. See a nearby thread on that subject 8)

However, any help is welcomed. Even if that just is to verify the data in the schematics listed at this site. That data goes straight into the XML file so any corrections are warmly welcomed.

/Zimoon

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Post by passionfly1 » Thu Aug 13, 2009 1:02 pm

First of all I would love to thank you so kindly for creating this tool. I have no idea how I was able to get along without it!

I have a few questions and also some suggestion if I may to make it even better!

1) First in the Resources > Harvesting pane: What do the Harvesting Options mean? Mnt End and Pwr Ends? What do those values signify?

2) In the Inventory pane what does the Rate column signify?

Now for a few suggestions:

1) When you right click in the Main and Resources > Inventory panes it would be nice to have the fly-out box have the copy and paste function instead of the Font increase or font decrease options? The Font sizing should be in the pull-down menu above and switch it with the copy and paste. This will allow our notes files to be updated faster. I don't resize my fonts that often but I copy and paste a lot!

2) The Harvesting pane. My favorite pane to use! To know when my hoppers are about to fill is the gem of this tool! You know how the Hopper units increase in the Hopper column? Can we have the Maint and Power column decrease their respective values in the same way? Once a harvester is enabled the Maint and Power should keep ticking down I would assume. Should it not?

okies, thats all I have for now thank you again for the wonderful tool! :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Aug 13, 2009 11:13 pm

1) I must have a closer look tomorrow, but, I think they have to do with when the "alert colors" are triggered.

2) Press F1 when at that panel and read the help text. I know this one is there since I recall I edited it amonth or two ago :P

Suggestions are welcomed, filed, and forgotten about :lol:
Not.
Copy&Paste support is at my backlog, but it is somewhat trickier than ...

I have some items logged for the harvester panel which I live too (thanks to Oarun, who did it). I will add your comments to my notes. Either way, their end-dates work and alert-colors triggered when they should.

Greetings
/Zimoon

PS: there is a "suggestions" thread nearby, to keep suggestions apart from support ;)

JarrettKaz
Novice Crafter

Post by JarrettKaz » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:47 am

Sobuno wrote: Now, I am curious, which ones were you talking about?

Sorry, Sobuno did not mean to leave your question hanging, was away from the computer for a few days.

Guess I should not have said that they were out dated but that I have found that there are quite a few missing. Many of the rare loot drop items (Whistlers carbine, Tenebrous Edge) are not listed.

It looks like my time would be better spent contributing to the wonderful SWGCraft website by adding missing schematics.
Boodwoed Atewa
Officer / Elder Ranger
RSA Guild Leader
Bria

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

One bug I found in SWGAid and one suggestion...

Post by passionfly1 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:30 pm

The bug seems to be related to the Hopper column in Resources > Harvester pane. When the hopper is full the row will turn red to notify you that the hopper is full yet the hopper count continues to increment beyond the amount of the hopper capacity. You may find it saying things like 464567/443802 for example in the hopper box.

So that finally when you go and empty your hopper and come back into SWGAid and select the harvester then select Refresh Last Update the invalid excess amount gets added to your total in the Inventory pane and then you have to go back into the Inventory pane and adjust it down. This is minor annoyance but I think it would be better if the hopper count just ceases to increment once the max amount is reached. So it should say (as in the above example) 443802/443802. This may not affect a small harvest but on large 8+ elite drops you Inventory count could be off by as much as 250k of resources. If you assume you have X amount of resources and plan your factories to run that amount you could be in for a nasty surprise down the road!

This brings me to my suggestion...
Since the Maintenance and Power columns do not decrease their values but stay static when you press Refresh Last Update (as when you are emptying the hopper for instance and want to reset it) the time/date when the power and maint runs out gets increased since it assumes you have also reset the maint and power values back to what they are when the harvester was placed.

So for example you drop a harvester on Lok (an elite) and stick 55,000 creds for maint and 35,000 creds for power. This is shown in the SWGAid window once u add the harvester to the pane so its all good. Now comes time to empty the hopper 4 days later but you don't touch the maint and power since it should have enough in it when you first dropped it till the resource despawns. You empty the hopper and select Refresh Last Update and the hopper is back to zero with a new time/date of when it will fill again.

Here is the problem. If we don't readjust manually the maint and power 4 days later in SWGAid when we do Refresh Last Update it will think the new fresh is back to 55,000 maint and 35,000 power when in actuality the maint is more like 42,000 maint and around 22,000 power. Most miners don't re-add power and maint after the initial drop just empty hoppers. The Utility assumes we do all 3 always with the Refresh Last Update command. If we forget to actually adjust the values of maint and power then come back it later and see that the harvester is shut down yet the Utility never informed us because we forgot to adjust its values manually. Since the Maint and Power values stay static and not incremental the Utility will always assume we have 55,000 maint and 35,000 power from the time we press Refresh Last Update!

What would be better served is that the Fly-out box have the Refresh Last Update was applicable only to the hopper and NOT maint and power. Maint and power are almost always manually entered anyway or never even touched once the harvester is dropped. If the Maint and Power was to have a decreasing count (in the way that hopper box has an increasing count) then the Refresh Last Update would make sense too by not touching those values because you would clearly see that the maint and power are running way below your comfortable normal operating values and u could then manually adjust the amounts. And of course actually add that same amount to your in-game harvesters too lol

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:45 am

Thanks passionfly,

I am aware of the bug with harvesters, other stuff have higher priority and my time is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week 8)

If you know a skilled Java developer, give me a call, this is open source :D

/Zimoon

PS: I merged your post into this thread, mainly since I time after another walk them over and takes notes, single threads easily got lost for me, this one does not. I hope you don't mind, do you?

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Post by passionfly1 » Sat Aug 22, 2009 4:47 pm

lawl, I was wondering where my post went to? No, not at all I don't mind just had to find it my clicking on my name and seeing all my posts lol

SWGAid has a few quirks here and there but overall its a beautiful utility I can not live without.