Help with SWGaide & Basilisk needed

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zarrak Galactic
Novice Crafter

Re: Help with SWGaide & Basilisk needed

Post by Zarrak Galactic » Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:29 pm

I've got the XP version up and running now. It's behaving very well, with no errors to report. I can use the schematics and even the test lab with no errors. The only area not working is the mails. When I go to Main > Character > Auction, then mails are there, but when I click the Trade tab, Sales, Purchases, Statistics, Customers and Misc are all blank. This leads me to think that the mail headers were changed somehow in NGE.

Since it was working so well on the XP system, I decided to just copy that one over to the Win 7 box. Lo and behold, all the schematics, etc. were there. Not the trade area but everything else is working correctly now, tho I'm currently getting errors in Win 7. I think those might sort out in the next few resource updates however.

This performance on XP leads me to think Win 7 just doesn't seem to love this program as much as we do.

Wieli
Novice Crafter

Post by Wieli » Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:06 pm

Nice Zarrak

I don't have the possibility or the will to set up a XP installation at the moment.

I have got a little longer one again on the version m working on, but right now im stuck. For some reason i cant get the program to write the logs so i cant see if i have any problems.

Irritating!!!

Does anyone have a clue why this could be happening.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:07 pm

Looks like the header info is different, from what SwgAide expects and what is current on Basilisk. Below are a couple of examples, the top two are from just before Galaxies closed, and the last one is current (I added the ***xxxx***for clarity) I think the code can be added to with a handler for the current style of header (IF ..THEN ..ELSE)

Im still currently looking at the resource import and professions level error ..found a couple of tricks for the initial install too, will post them when they are tested fully.

Code: Select all

***sale from a vendor***
SWG.Bloodfin.auctioner
Vendor Sale Complete
TIMESTAMP: 1259465328
Vendor:   Droids has sold v6 Flight Computer to Liquil Mallice for 6000 credits.
The sale took place at Dantooine, on Dantooine.

***Personal mails***
SWG.Bloodfin.hydrotek
HydroTeks' ship loadout
TIMESTAMP: 1197859174
Here are the stats for my ships, any help/suggestions are appreciated.

***Basilisk***
..Nosvi
FW:  ID Macro
TIMESTAMP: 1340861897
body text here
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Zarrak Galactic
Novice Crafter

Post by Zarrak Galactic » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:09 am

I see it. Yes, exactly as I had suspected. I might be able to learn enough Java to figure it out. I will give it some thought or maybe try to convince Wieli to have a look hehe

The red light is on and showing that there are errors but they are all just the expected ones concerning schematics. All resources are updating regularly, taking about 20 mins to see newly added ones.

For the logs, I haven't had that happen so I don't know what could do that. I guess the only thing is an ...ugh.... reinstall. Sorry I can't be of more help.

If there's anything I can test or try on the Win7 or on the XP box, let me know.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:02 am

I'll see about making the source code for my modified version available once I get near it again, but that will at least be another 10 days.

Wieli
Novice Crafter

Post by Wieli » Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:11 am

Zarrak Galactic wrote:I see it. Yes, exactly as I had suspected. I might be able to learn enough Java to figure it out. I will give it some thought or maybe try to convince Wieli to have a look hehe

The red light is on and showing that there are errors but they are all just the expected ones concerning schematics. All resources are updating regularly, taking about 20 mins to see newly added ones.

For the logs, I haven't had that happen so I don't know what could do that. I guess the only thing is an ...ugh.... reinstall. Sorry I can't be of more help.

If there's anything I can test or try on the Win7 or on the XP box, let me know.
Im all for tring to fix that Zarrak, Though i really need to figure out the log thingy first so i can see the bugs in the program. I can say that im no java programmer but most of the stuff have been fixed with a lot of trail and error:) what i mean to say is that i cant promise that im able to fix it.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Fri Aug 03, 2012 1:29 pm

I believe the schematic errors are related to the differences in player levels (1 - 90) vs (100 - 5000)
As far as game mails, ..are there any from a vendor, other than the bazaar? Vendor mails are the only ones that show on the Trade tab in SwgAide. The mails can be "faked" using a text editor, for testing purposes.
Win7 is blocking writing to certain locations, I think is why there are some errors, that are not present on the XP box. May need to change the install location for SwgAide to a "user" directory ..such as local low, or roaming ..still experimenting with that one :) So far the XP box seems to be the best environment for working out the bugs.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Wieli
Novice Crafter

Post by Wieli » Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:22 pm

Ye i have been playing with the levels. Though i cant see if i still gets the error message because of the damned logs not working. I just cant figure why this happens (or not happen) anyway i guess i have to wait for some luck and that it will mysteriously fix itself:P

Zarrak Galactic
Novice Crafter

Post by Zarrak Galactic » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:52 pm

The mails are from both the baz and my vendors and both types are showing in the trade mails but no luck getting them to populate the other tabs yet, even though I did manually change the header. I'm still messing with it tho so never know. I may find something.

I think you're onto something with the Users directory. Seems to me it's a denial of access thing. I have the UAC turned off completely and still experience these errors, if that helps you at all.

Wieli, I just don't know for sure about the log files. You've done a search to see if they're being created elsewhere? Also, I'd probably try just dropping text files where they're supposed to be and see if it writes to them then, in case it's another access issue. Don't know what else to try right now.

Here's another discovery, not all that important really but just for the list:

In the harvester panel, I'm not sure how credit and power usage is being calculated but it's always way off. For instance, it said one of my harvs should have had 1242 creds and 1453 power, with 6788 resources in the hopper, when it was really 553, 880 and 4753 respectively. All the owers are all zeroes in the boxes for those nge buffs and abilities as well and the BER is correct for all the harvs. Just thought I should mention this, as it could always be linked to something else.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:48 pm

Not sure why the logs don't show, as the directory and files are generated, if you delete them. Are you working with the files from SwgAide.jar or from Source Forge? Maybe re-download the files and start afresh?

Program Files (x86) is a virtual directory on Win7, you cant easily write to it ...try this by right clicking and placing a text document. I think for the time being it would be easiest to troubleshoot in an XP environment or on another drive that does not house your operating system. SwgAide does not need to be on the same drive as the game to work.

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:10 am

Interesting ...after I posted I checked the properties > security > permission settings for each of my drives (I have five) and the results are worth a look. Some of these drives have been around a long time, I have never adjusted the permissions on any of them. Some drives and directories have full access, while others are very limited.

Anyways ...off to the workshop to hack at SwgAide some more on the ole XP box.

Wieli
Novice Crafter

Post by Wieli » Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:48 am

Zarrak - I know that lately EMU have been a little of with taking the right amount of power/credits. Still thought the resource gathering would be correct. And since everything is a smaller amount then SWGAide implies it cant be a rollback either. It has to be something with the formulas that have changed.

I'm running the program from Sourceforge. I have re installed it numerous of times and still nothing. When i download the Sobunos version it works perfect. The swgaide.log is created. nothing is written into it though. The SWGAide_ERROR is not even created (the program warns for error though so it should be there. I haven't tried to Pre-create the file. going to try that.

Wieli
Novice Crafter

Post by Wieli » Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:15 am

Im starting to think that its either something with my versions of programs or something that happens in the building process.

What version of JDK are you guys using?

What build path are you using when working with the code (what library)? Im not sure if this can cause anything of my log problems but it could be worth a try.

The wife is leaving town for 10 days so i guess im force to take out one of the old XP computers and test stuff out.

Zarrak Galactic
Novice Crafter

Post by Zarrak Galactic » Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:42 pm

The resource harvester issue wasn't the result of rollback or failure to restart as I'm using the method suggested in the forums where you turn the harvester off before gathering the resource. The harvesters haven't failed since then.

I moved SWGAide to another drive on my Win7 system and, while not flawless, the only errors in the log are the first line complaining about profession levels and the rest having to do with wrong schematic level, just as before. It actually seems to be running more like it does on the XP box. I think you're onto something with that idea. The way I did it was just a straight move and updating the shortcut to it. Seems to have moved just fine.

The Java version on the XP box is 6 and on Win7 it's 7.

Wish I had an answer for the log issue but I just can't think why it would be doing that. Could you have somehow changed the permissions on the drive it's trying to write to?

Anyway, that's where I'm at now. Running missions like mad, trying to pay all this outrageous amount of credits it takes to run the harvs! hehe If you need me to check/try/test anything, please let me know.

Wieli
Novice Crafter

Post by Wieli » Sat Aug 04, 2012 7:03 pm

Bah Win 7 and all "security" things!!!

Its nothing with the folders either. I have (mine) swgaide file. Run it and the logs dont write.

Then i delete my swgaide file (only the jar file, all backup files ill leave the same) and take Sobunos file and put it in my SWGAide directory.... BOOM logging works again-......I'll go nits on this:P