SWGAide for Emulators

Moderator: Forum Moderator

henninkn
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGAide for Emulators

Post by henninkn » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:50 am

Wow, haven't been in here in a while, this is amazing work Sobuno!

I have some more info on power and maintenance at home, will post it when I get home from work.

Can't wait to try out the new version of SWGAide.

While I don't know the first thing about coding, I do have a relatively thorough overview of how most things related to crafting and resources work on Basilisk, so if you need any more help, please, by all means let me know.

If you're looking at converting SWG Aide to pre cu, you could also consider removing resource caps from the assembly / experimentation predictions.

If you're interested, I could also compile a more thorough list of bugs and / or things to be changed for pre cu. I have been using SWGAide for SWGEmu for quite some time now, found some workarounds that let it function decently in the emus pre cu environment.

Tiro

**UPDATE**

Here are the POWER requirements:

Personal: 25
Medium: 50
Heavy: 75

And MAINT:

Personal: 30
Medium/Wind/Solar/Fusion: 60
Heavy: 90

Darkives
Novice Crafter

Post by Darkives » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:29 pm

is there a way to use swgaide for an offline server ?
I have been doing some resource/craft testing.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:05 pm

Darkives wrote:is there a way to use swgaide for an offline server ?
I have been doing some resource/craft testing.
Since SWGAide is open source, it could be edited by someone familiar with Java to support offline servers somehow.

Another possibility would be to change the base path in the settings from the SWGCraft url that is the default to some other URL, such as the localhost (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Localhost) and then set up the correct structure under there. As far as I remember, you need the following:

public/status.txt <- A text file containing a UNIX timestamp of when the last batch of resource export files were generated.
sendfile.php <- A PHP file accepting arguments of the form file=filename (i.e. sendfile.php?file=filename.xml.gz). The following file needs to be available through this.

currentresources_servername.xml.gz <- A file with the same structure as the ones we export, remember to gzip it. This can be located wherever you want as long as it is accessible through the sendfile.php script. Spaces are converted to underscores as far as I remember.

As far as I remember, you should not be required to set up the entire SOAP functionality as I think that is only used for the adding of resources which should not be necessary.

Masterpsyker
Novice Crafter

Post by Masterpsyker » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:28 pm

I have been trying desperately to get this to function on the SWGCanon's Tarkin server with no luck whatsoever.

As an advanced user, I have installed the SWGEmu to the same directory as the SWG install path.

I have tried running the Aide file in the SWG root folder, a additionally created SWGEmu folder, and from no parent directory. I have tried also pointing to both the EMU folder and the install path. Nothing works.

I can provide logfiles if requested.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:09 am

Masterpsyker wrote:I have been trying desperately to get this to function on the SWGCanon's Tarkin server with no luck whatsoever.

As an advanced user, I have installed the SWGEmu to the same directory as the SWG install path.

I have tried running the Aide file in the SWG root folder, a additionally created SWGEmu folder, and from no parent directory. I have tried also pointing to both the EMU folder and the install path. Nothing works.

I can provide logfiles if requested.
Have you had it working with the Basilisk server?

SWGAide uses the profiles folder for the servers. What is the name of Tarkin in the profiles folder?

Masterpsyker
Novice Crafter

Post by Masterpsyker » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:31 pm

I have a character on Basilisk that I played for about 2 hours to get reacclimated to the game and there is no folder for Tarkin's server. I can see the folder for Basilisk; however, my character there is not listed in the main tab.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:17 pm

Masterpsyker wrote:I have a character on Basilisk that I played for about 2 hours to get reacclimated to the game and there is no folder for Tarkin's server. I can see the folder for Basilisk; however, my character there is not listed in the main tab.
The folder should appear the first time you do /maildump

EDIT: In the Options section of SWGAide, it's listed as SWGCanon

Masterpsyker
Novice Crafter

Post by Masterpsyker » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:18 pm

Even after executing /mail dump and /mail save successfully, there is no corresponding data in SWGAide.

I can see the profiles directory tree and the information that Aide would read inside it... but it is simply not reading it.

It can see my Macros and my Notes... but not my character data or my server folder.

Ideas?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:04 pm

Masterpsyker wrote:Even after executing /mail dump and /mail save successfully, there is no corresponding data in SWGAide.

I can see the profiles directory tree and the information that Aide would read inside it... but it is simply not reading it.

It can see my Macros and my Notes... but not my character data or my server folder.

Ideas?
Again, what's the name of the Tarkin folder in the profiles folder? It is possible the wrong name was given to us when the server was added to the site.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:56 am

The XML-file has now been updated with the renamed profiles folder for Tarkin (TC-Tarkin -> Tarkin as per conversation with people from SWGCanon). It should auto-update on SWGAide at some point, but if you want to hurry up the process, just delete the file servers.xml in the crafting folder (Or just the entire folder, it's all stuff downloaded from SWGCraft) and it will fetch the new file.

Masterpsyker
Novice Crafter

Post by Masterpsyker » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:24 pm

I now correctly see the folders for the server; however, even after mail save and dump on two characters, I still see no one in the main tab.

There was an error on a fresh initialization which I will copy and show you below:

Code: Select all

Sun Jul 07 08:20:47 CDT 2013 | version 0.9.8-Sobuno == EXCEPTION == SWGPostLaunch:docsCopy: SWGAide.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: SWGAide.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
	at swg.gui.SWGPostLaunch.docsCopy(SWGPostLaunch.java:136)
	at swg.gui.SWGPostLaunch.postLaunch(SWGPostLaunch.java:522)
	at swg.gui.SWGFrame.beginPostLaunchTasks(SWGFrame.java:318)
	at swg.gui.SWGInitialize$12.run(SWGInitialize.java:494)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Sun Jul 07 08:20:48 CDT 2013 | version 0.9.8-Sobuno == ERROR == SWGCraftCache:updateLocally: replace failed: professions.xml
Here is the directory structure of the system:

F: - Main System Drive. SWGAide is in an "empty" directory on the desktop and is thus located on this drive.
D: - Programs Drive. SWG is installed here under the path D:/SWG. The EMU is installed under D:/SWG as well but has a folder inside here called LaunchPadEnhanced with the UI elements and the EXE file.
I know that SWGAide can see into the proper directory for Profiles (D:/SWG/Profiles) because it always displays my Macros and Notes no matter where I put the Java Runtime file. The only thing that isn't happening is a character inventory.

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:00 pm

Masterpsyker wrote:I now correctly see the folders for the server; however, even after mail save and dump on two characters, I still see no one in the main tab.

There was an error on a fresh initialization which I will copy and show you below:

Sun Jul 07 08:20:47 CDT 2013 | version 0.9.8-Sobuno == EXCEPTION == SWGPostLaunch:docsCopy: SWGAide.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)
java.io.FileNotFoundException: SWGAide.jar (The system cannot find the file specified)
	at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method)
	at swg.gui.SWGPostLaunch.docsCopy(SWGPostLaunch.java:136)
	at swg.gui.SWGPostLaunch.postLaunch(SWGPostLaunch.java:522)
	at swg.gui.SWGFrame.beginPostLaunchTasks(SWGFrame.java:318)
	at swg.gui.SWGInitialize$12.run(SWGInitialize.java:494)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
	at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Sun Jul 07 08:20:48 CDT 2013 | version 0.9.8-Sobuno == ERROR == SWGCraftCache:updateLocally: replace failed: professions.xml
Here is the directory structure of the system:

F: - Main System Drive. SWGAide is in an "empty" directory on the desktop and is thus located on this drive.
D: - Programs Drive. SWG is installed here under the path D:/SWG. The EMU is installed under D:/SWG as well but has a folder inside here called LaunchPadEnhanced with the UI elements and the EXE file.
I know that SWGAide can see into the proper directory for Profiles (D:/SWG/Profiles) because it always displays my Macros and Notes no matter where I put the Java Runtime file. The only thing that isn't happening is a character inventory.
Are you using the pre-CU version? That error just means it can't find SWGAide.jar; rename the .jar file to SWGAide.jar and it should go away.

If you'd like to, send me the profiles folder and I'll try taking a look at it myself. E-mail address is my username AT SWGCraft.org

Masterpsyker
Novice Crafter

Post by Masterpsyker » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:42 pm

Sobuno,

I have sent you the profiles folder as requested.

My fix of manually creating a folder for the character did not work. I have no clue what is wrong.

Masterpsyker
Novice Crafter

Resolved Problem

Post by Masterpsyker » Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:43 am

I hate to be the guy for whom problems just seem to pop out of every orifice, but I've noticed that my current resources aren't updating.

I looked at the thread that pertained to this issue and noticed that the common fix seems to be reinstalling the program. This may not help me because I don't play on Basilisk. Do we know what the problem is here? Does it have anything to do with the rename of Tarkin?
This issue has been resolved properly by following the steps below:
  1. Clear your SWGAide folder. This includes backups. You do not need to delete the .JAR file.
    Run and Initialize the program. Go to the Options menu and input your login data for SWGAide. DO NOT CHANGE THE SERVER OPTION
    Completely close and reopen the program four times in a row.
    Go into the Resources tab of SWGAide and make sure that the resources are listed.
If you want to be super thorough to make sure that the resources are current to YOUR SERVER, upload one through the submission form on the website (making sure that its attributed to your sever) and then try to find it in SWG.

This solution worked for me. It has worked for others. It may not work for you. If it does not work for you then please post your situation and the community will try to help you.

Sobuno
Developer

Re: Resolved Problem

Post by Sobuno » Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:07 pm

Masterpsyker wrote:
  1. Run and Initialize the program. Go to the Options menu and input your login data for SWGAide. DO NOT CHANGE THE SERVER OPTION
So changing the server to submit to causes the program to malfunction? Interesting