SWGAide is now discontinued

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide is now discontinued

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:32 pm

With the recent announcement about SWG I immediately discontinue SWGAide. The code is already available at SourceForge, would anybody want to continue on it you are free to do so without any acknowledgement from me.

At times I have spent more time with SWGAide than I have played SWG, a way for me to defuse after a stressful workday I guess. But recently, with a reformed and fresh guild I found joy in playing again, until today.

Personally I blame LucasArts for this sad day, the decision has nothing to do with subscriptions or number of players but probably more with SWTOR and other items. That plus a complete lack of interest for the SWG-community, numerous players have logged in continuously since 2003 and invested as well $ as thousands of hours in gear and friends. Shame on LucasArts and George Lucas.

Z

Nautillus
Novice Crafter

Re: SWGAide is now discontinued

Post by Nautillus » Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:25 am

Thank you zimoon for all you have done!!

Kudos, Fair winds and following seas!!

Naut
Icthys Max, Shipwright - Starsider
Nautillus, Weaponsmith - Starsider
Mannaray, Droids - Bloodfin
Willum Hammersmith, Structures - Chimaera
U'ss, Droids - Chimaera

cranko
Novice Crafter

Post by cranko » Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:19 pm

Thanks Zimon for all you help on this great community

May the Force be with you!

dratsablive
Novice Crafter

Post by dratsablive » Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:10 pm

This was an essential tool for me. Many many thanks to Zim for spending so much time on this.

See you all on FarStar for the big switch-off :cry:

sailorzeo
Novice Crafter

Post by sailorzeo » Sun Sep 18, 2011 3:19 pm

This saddens me to finally find this, but I understand.

I'm not a coder, otherwise I'd keep working on it, especially with the reintroduction of crafted Smuggler buffs.

Does anyone know if anyone IS continuing on it?

Much, MUCH thanks for the original tool. It was a huge help for me to relearn Domestics after being gone for a few years.

drkknight33
Novice Crafter

Post by drkknight33 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:48 am

Thanks, Zimoon, for all your effort in putting SWGAide together. It is an awesome tool that i used to utilize on a daily basis. I don't know if you remember me but i wanted to thank you for initially welcoming me onto chimmy and giving me a place to plop my houses down. I am still deployed but should be home before Dec 15, i definitely want to be around for the closing festivities.

Again, thank you Zimoon and everyone else who manages and updates this site on a regular basis. You guys are the ones who made the game what it is...what it was. I'm glad i was part of the legacy. see yall when i get home.