Favorite Schematics list

Moderator: Forum Moderator

billzilla
Novice Crafter

Favorite Schematics list

Post by billzilla » Fri May 14, 2010 2:22 am

I know I'm going to feel silly when someone tells me, but I don't understand how one views the list of "Favorite schematics" they've created in SWGAide. Little help?

Zbignew
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Favorite Schematics list

Post by Zbignew » Fri May 14, 2010 4:11 am

Not sure but don't worry, Zimoon will be by to help soon. Welcome by the way. Are you related to my ex-wife.......Godzilla? :lol:

Zbig
Proji--------------------------Syotr
Wannabe Droid Engineer-- Wannabe Ranger

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Fri May 14, 2010 6:59 am

I dont know either, never used that feature of SWGAide.

Just offhand though, my favorite schematics would be those that are easy to make. All time favorite would have been "Stimpack A". We dont make them anymore, but back in the day it just took Inorganic (I think 6?) and Organic (4 maybe?). Another favorite was the "Basic Camp", it took just bone and hide. So you just killed two creatures, harvested bone from one and hide from the other and you could make a camp. :D

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 14, 2010 9:58 am

billzilla wrote:I know I'm going to feel silly when someone tells me, but I don't understand how one views the list of "Favorite schematics" they've created in SWGAide. Little help?
Hi BillZilla :)

First off, almost every panel in SWGAide has its own help page, just hit F1, or use Help at the menu bar. However, because I am still working on this feature (added quite a few items yesterday ;)) the text will be augmented.

So, go to The Laboratory, the upper-left choose displays "All" plus your favorites. Select a favorite and only the specified schematics are listed in the small list of schematics. Notice the popup menu at the list of schematics, in the case you have some filtering at the Draft Schematics panel.

The favorite lists will more or less just limited sets of schematics, to ease the browsing at The Laboratory and at other features that will come. A special dialog to handle these lists will be added with the upcoming release, public in a week I hope.

Now when this topic for Favorite List is posted, let me piggy-back on it:

Are there any suggestions, ideas, thoughts, or whatever you guys have on it?
Anything that makes it better/larger/different than I suggested above?

/Zimoon

billzilla
Novice Crafter

Post by billzilla » Sun May 16, 2010 8:02 pm

Zimoon wrote:
billzilla wrote:I know I'm going to feel silly when someone tells me, but I don't understand how one views the list of "Favorite schematics" they've created in SWGAide. Little help?
Hi BillZilla :)

First off, almost every panel in SWGAide has its own help page, just hit F1, or use Help at the menu bar. However, because I am still working on this feature (added quite a few items yesterday ;)) the text will be augmented.

So, go to The Laboratory, the upper-left choose displays "All" plus your favorites. Select a favorite and only the specified schematics are listed in the small list of schematics. Notice the popup menu at the list of schematics, in the case you have some filtering at the Draft Schematics panel.

The favorite lists will more or less just limited sets of schematics, to ease the browsing at The Laboratory and at other features that will come. A special dialog to handle these lists will be added with the upcoming release, public in a week I hope.

Now when this topic for Favorite List is posted, let me piggy-back on it:

Are there any suggestions, ideas, thoughts, or whatever you guys have on it?
Anything that makes it better/larger/different than I suggested above?

/Zimoon
YES! That's got it, thank you! I use the laboratory feature a LOT and I couldn't, for the life of me, figure out how to filter it down to my list. I was aware of the help function, but I was using it on the draft schematic page (where the favorites list is created, and so hitting F1 gives you info on how to create favorites lists, but not where and how to access them later). The biggest problem I see on this usability issue is that it's not entirely obvious that the "all" drop down box (which will be populated with your lists when you make them) IS a drop-down box. In particular this is because, until one makes favorites lists to access, that box does nothing.

So one thing I would do is make mention of where the lists are accessed on the help page for draft schematics. Also, in the help page for the Laboratory, the use of the term "assignees" may be confusing to some. I know I glossed over that part not realizing it was relevant to favorites lists.

While scanning this forum for answers to my question (because nothing bothers me more than making topics for things that have been clearly answered), I seem to recall running across you saying that there was currently no way to delete favorites lists or individual schematics from the list. Am I misremembering, and if no, Is that still the case? No problem whatsoever if it's a "feature in progress," just another thing that isn't blatantly obvious at first blush.

I will fiddle with favorites lists a bit today and see if I can't make some suggestions. Thanks very much for your prompt and courteous reply. I am deeply in love with this program.

billzilla
Novice Crafter

Post by billzilla » Sun May 16, 2010 8:04 pm

Zbignew wrote:Not sure but don't worry, Zimoon will be by to help soon. Welcome by the way. Are you related to my ex-wife.......Godzilla? :lol:

Zbig

I sure am! she says your check is late! Also '"GRARRRAAAAAAAAGH!"

Thanks for the welcome! :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 16, 2010 9:02 pm

Today there is no way to delete an assignee, true.

Ask me again next Sunday :D
By then this is possible.

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess there are loads of stuff in these texts that could be improved. A lot. So any hints and tips are appreciated :)

/Z