sort function all wierd

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Tophs
Novice Crafter

sort function all wierd

Post by Tophs » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:51 am

I am having a bit of a time trying to get things to show up alphebetical. on the harvesting screen when I click on the heading harvester description or on the owner to sort alphebetical It moves stuff around all over but none of it makes and logical sense as. Not numerical or alphebetical for example when I click on the harcester description heading it gives me the harvesters in the following order

Elite Mineral 5
Elite Mineral 3
Elite Mineral 7
Elite Mineral 2
Elite Mineral 8
Elite Mineral 4
Elite Mineral 1
Elite Gas
Elite Mineral 6

and worse happens when I tell it to organize by owner I have 2 accounts on the same server and its making a mess any time I try to organize

Any suggestions using version (0.7.83)

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Re: sort function all wierd

Post by HydroTek » Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:28 am

Just tried the column sort on my screen ...it don't seem to sort on anything. My guess would be that Zimoon hasn't got that part working yet. :) Good eye, I hadn't caught that one :)
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:08 pm

Hi there,

In fact that columns works perfect, from what it is implemented as :P

J/k, the column sorts on the HTML tags plus the name, those that you do not see but makes active harvesters read in italics, which is less than ideal. Thanks for reporting this, I will see what I can do without pushing schematics support even further away. There is always a trade off, isn't it?

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 04, 2010 3:33 pm

BTW, I do not know if you know it but...

With the new "cluster" feature I personally do not have one entry for each harvester I own but just as many as I need for different parallel locations. Then I set the cluster size on the one active harvester to reflect how many harvesters I have in-game at that location. This probably means the less harvesters in the list of harvesters and the less active entries to maintain. Usually it is no problems as long as I keep the entered values sensible. The final amount added to the inventory is not exact anyway, the hidden decimals always plays tricks with me so I edit the amount when the resource depletes eventually.

Without sorting the columns the order is the order you added the harvesters.
In your case, as a workaround, you can export the harvesters (and users), then delete all defined harvesters, the users too if you want to.
In a text editor (or in a spreadsheet application) you sort the harvester lines, and the users if you deleted them too.
Import the file again and they will have the default order as from the file.

Crude? Yes 8)

/Zimoon

Tophs
Novice Crafter

Post by Tophs » Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 pm

No worries when/if you get to it, great. It was not a major problem just confusing. I can still see every harvester on my list and who controlls it. Just not in any specific order is all. I just got spoiled by the previous version before upgrading to this one but this one sounds like the new main so I'll hold out and see what happens. Ig it really bug me I could go back to the previous version but it doesn't especiall since I now know it was some silly setting I messed up somewhere.

Excellent program look forward to seeing everything else you are working on.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:36 am

May I just ask quickly, is this about the main table for active harvesters? If so, disregard some of what I said :)

/Z

Tophs
Novice Crafter

Post by Tophs » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:29 am

Yes it is and now I do have a problem. One of the resources became depleted so I right clicked on the depleted harvester and told it to redeed. But instead of the elite gas harvester being deeded it redeeded the elite mineral 6 deed. I had thought ok I made a mistake lets try again this time it redeeded the mineral 7 deed.
After I told it to sort by harvester and it got all messed up it seemed to move the descriptions and what now claims to be an elite gas harvester with a depleted resource seems to actually be connected to one of the elite mineral harvesters instead.

Give it a try make a list like mine then set them to harvest some random resource then sort them by owner in the main bottom section and by harvester name top left. I did both so try both just incase one is not enough. Then try to redeed one the gas for example. On my screen what I am choosing is not what it is associated with. It's quite mixed up.

In the end I even tried refreshing each of the harvesters to set the storage to 0 as though I had collected the resources in game. It was fun to watch refreshing what it called elite harvester 5 caused the 0 to show up 2 slots below where I clicked in what was then being displaying as number 3.

Let me know how you make out and even better how to fix it would be nice too. If I have to delete everything and start again without hitting the sort functions I understand but it would be nice if it at least displayed the correct tags even if the sort was not perfect. Both would be nice but thats probably just greedy so the correct tags would be appreciated.

Thanks much {sniff I Hate being the first one to mess it all up}

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:23 pm

I will give it a look.
At a guess everything works fine if you do not sort the harvesters first.

What can always be done if you, or anybody, mess up is to just to
  • quickly exit SWGAide the normal way
  • move away the DAT file somewhere
  • in the backups folder...
    • rename the file SWGAide.BAK to SWGAide.DAT
    • move that file to the place of the former DAT file
  • restart SWGAide and the mess-up is hopefully gone
There are two things that may make this not work:
  • the BAK file was written later than you messed up
  • the BAK file was most recently written before what you want to save was there
The BAK file is written every 10 minutes, it is just a backup of the DAT file.

There is also the chance to use one of the every-second-day backup files named something such as SWGAide-DAT.NNN where N is a number, sort on date and take the most recent.

OK, that said, I will go review the code right away, we have a day off of works so ... :D

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:48 pm

Thanks for reporting this bug Tophs, I have tracked down what is wrong but it will take me some time to fix, so meanwhile I can just say

ATTENTION !!!

There is a bug in the harvesting panel related to sorting of columns.
Simply put, it is broken, completely broken.

Do not sort any of the columns at the active harvester panel!!!

If you do not know, a table can be sorted by column, just click at the table column header, first click sorts from a to z, a second click sorts z to a. But at the harvester tab this is completely broken and if you refresh or re-deed or whatever at a harvester, if the columns are sorted you are screwed. Restart SWGAide and sorting is gone.

You can, to avoid restarting SWGAide, select Edit and see which harvester happened to be selected. Then, if it is the correct harvester, you can ....

Better is to avoid sorting at the harvester panel!!!

Sorry about the trouble, regarding one of the features at this panel I am a novice and obviously I made a logic mistake. A learning curve, indeed.

If any of you fins a similar mistake at the other tables I appreciate the error reports. I think there is none, because I do not use this particular feature elsewhere, but the more eyes looking the more we find 8)

As mentioned, this bug won't be fixed within days but hopefully before January is passed.

Greetings

/Zimoon

Tophs
Novice Crafter

Post by Tophs » Wed Jan 06, 2010 10:45 pm

Just as an FYI and for no other reason.

When you select on the bottom screen to sort by resource the screen does not change. However the associated harvesters move around so selecting 5 might get you 3. Similar when you sort by owner things do seem to arrange differently on the screen (not correctly but all jumbled up. Still there is a displayed difference) but like before selecting 3 might get you 5 or some other random number.
In all cases I tried exiting the program and restarting it does re-associate (if thats even a english word) the proper harvester with the proper description. It just that they are displayed in the order they were added to the list initially. So If you move any of your harvesters and then add them back in the last added is the last displayed.

Seems any of the sort options may cause a jumbled display. But all that I have tried Definetly cause a jumbled association.

Again this is just a FYI so that when you do get a chance to have a look at it you don't get sideswiped by a different coloum sort messing with you that you did not know about.

Again Exiting and re-entering the program Will Reassociated the proper description with the associated harvester.

Pages for current Resources and Inventory All sort like expected and associate correctly.

I felt like I was asking for trouble trying them out but they worked Perfectly. So there are no concerns with using the sort functions on these tabs.