Help ...

Moderator: Forum Moderator

a-af
Novice Crafter

Help ...

Post by a-af » Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:39 pm

I have SWGAide (latest version) and Sun Java (also latest version) installed on 2 different systems (Vista and XP - not dual-boot and not 64bit) and neither is working ... SWGAide loads about 33% and then it stops ... any suggestions?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Help ...

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:14 pm

a-af wrote:I have SWGAide (latest version) and Sun Java (also latest version) installed on 2 different systems (Vista and XP - not dual-boot and not 64bit) and neither is working ... SWGAide loads about 33% and then it stops ... any suggestions?
Is there any clues in the log files? If you run SWGAide "on 2 different systems", is it one SWGAide folder or do you have one individual folder per system? Also, have you ever been able to run SWGAide? Or is it the initialization we are talking about?

I need a lot more details to be able to help you and I suggest you begin with one of the systems at a time. But first, what does the log files read?

Cheers
/Zimoon

a-af
Novice Crafter

Post by a-af » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:17 pm

Hmm ... while you were replying to my cry for help, I was playing around with the DAT file and apparently messed it up so bad that I had to re-initialize SWGAide and now it works ... so I guess the DAT file was corrupt in some form or fashion. Good thing is though, that it kept all my trade-mails, which actually was my main concern ... those and my guards ... but as I didn't back those up I guess I will have to re-create them one by one.

One thing though ... after the initialization it does not seem to want to download the resource list from SWG Craft ... the "Current Resources" list is empty ... and the error log in empty as well :(

>>EDIT<<

LOL ... disregard ... after restarting it several times, the list now shows, so everything is fine and dandy :)

Thanks for your great work on this awesome program Zimoon ... keep up the good work.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:34 pm

Great news, and thanks.

Just a comment, you need never to worry about mails, they are not kept in the DAT file as as such, just the information about their existence. Possibly I will change that logic too in a future, but I need to think about the pros and cons first. And at this point I spend 100% time at schematics support, yes folks, it is true :mrgreen:

Guards and inventory, yes, remember to export them to file every now and then.

Every second day a backup is made of the DAT fil, hence, if you had an installation that worked a few days back chances are that you can move away the DAT file to a safe place, manually copy and rename a backup file to take the place of the DAT file and see if that works.

Now, you never replied to any of my questions so I warn you instead. Be very careful with SWGAide if you run the same installation but from two difference versions of Windows. Later versions of Windows sometimes use different looking file paths for the very same file or folder, not always since it is determined by your user status: plain user or administrator. Hopefully it works, just be careful and export guards and inventory often.

/Zimoon

a-af
Novice Crafter

Post by a-af » Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:49 pm

Sorry for the missing reply ... 2 separate systems (XP and Vista) 2 separate directories with SWG and 2 separate directories with SWGAide