Re: SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Post by Zimoon » Sat May 01, 2010 7:19 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:I think so :)
Next update :)

Iplyvi
Novice Crafter

Post by Iplyvi » Tue May 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Hiya Zimoon - I'm a long time crafter (since SWG launch) and have used your program for quite a while and through many versions. I haven't had occasion to post suggestions, however, until now. If they are not unique please just put me down as renewing the original request. Yet, if they are new, I hope they spark some new ideas. I am also willing to help if there is something I can do. Thanks. --- Iplyvi (ahazi)
---------------
1. Laboratory: This is looking really well, and I understand it's only the beginning - great work! I would like to suggest that for the resources found from our inventory it also show the quantity we have in inventory. This helps because I often know the quantity I need but can't determine in the laboratory results if the best resource it lists can match the quantity needed, or if its short. Having a column for quantity would make it simple when choosing which one I want to use. To extend this a little, you could also let me choose a quantity to make when choosing the schematic and let the results take that into consideration (perhaps not showing inventoried resources that fall short).
---------------
2. Crafted Inventory (a tab under Schematics): This tab would allow me to enter things I craft and sell on a regular basis. For example, I currently sell 32 foods and 5 elite harvesters. I currently use my own spreadsheet to track things like qty in stock, minimum qty to keep on hand, suggested qty to sell, and so on. I use SWGAide to track sales, of course, so that I easily keep track of my stock in the spreadsheet. I can therefore easily see when it is time to craft more units of whatever I'm running low on. It, of course, tracks what is needed to make each item -- both the needed resources and the components (and the components resources). So if I look at harvesters it might say I need to stock 20 more minerals, 10 chem, 3 flora etc. and I can quickly see how many walls, small structure storage modules, etc. I need to make those (as well as the total resources I'll need, both high-end and grind quality). I should say that it also keeps my inventory of components so that if I need 2000 walls but have 800 in stock, it will suggest I craft 1200 walls etc.

Anyway, I won't overwhelm you with all the details but I hope you get an idea of the crafted inventory tab. While I can continue to use both tools back-and-forth, I find myself more and more wishing that this feature would be found in SWGAide making it the only tool I ever need to use.
----------------

Well, keep up the great work. Your dedication to the tools we have is greatly appreciative. Thank you so much!

Chris

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Mon May 10, 2010 9:23 am

SWGaide is looking better and better, one small small feature I would like to see is either an [Update now] button that forces SWGaide to connect to swgcraft and update the resourcelist, OR a timestamp somewhere (statusbar?) stating last updated time & date. Something like: Last synchronized database 2010-05-10 09.34 (GMT+1).

Still a bit annoying sometimes when you start the program and have to wait until it "should have updated by now".

Oh and a question, what is the recommended way of operating SWGaide? Alt+tabbing between SWG and SWGaide or turning off SWG before starting SWGaide? If I have SWGaide running and do a /mailsave in SWG will that immediately be updated by swgaide or on next startup? Oh and when are changes in swgaide saved? is it aftert a given time, when youu go to another tab in swgaide or when you turn the program off?
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 10, 2010 11:54 am

I am 100.1 % sure I wrote a reply to this one, but did I hit the "back" button rather than "send"?
Or did my boss catch me? 8)
Whatever, in red...
Iplyvi wrote:Hiya Zimoon - I'm a long time crafter (since SWG launch) and have used your program for quite a while and through many versions. I haven't had occasion to post suggestions, however, until now. If they are not unique please just put me down as renewing the original request. Yet, if they are new, I hope they spark some new ideas. I am also willing to help if there is something I can do. Thanks. --- Iplyvi (ahazi)

The best support at this point is to fill in the "holes" in SWGCraft's schematic database, whenever you see a UNKNOWN tag somewhere.

If you know a language other than English, I am thinking of the help pages in other languages. Either built in or as a bundle at the side for web browsers.

Any kind of data that is not already present in SWGAide or at this awesome site is always welcomed. That could be
  • "which creatures drop X resource class?" (which was suggested months ago, what happened with that?)
  • a list of which components must be HQ/never-HQ/both (assuming the crafter always go for HQ, the 3rd is for components that in some schematics must be HQ but not in other schematics)
  • whatever you, or anybody else, feel is useful for something
What is "useful" is not necessarily connected to today's focus, it could be expertise data, RE-stuff, glowy-data, collections-that-yield-schematics.

Post it here at SWGCraft and we can all enjoy the knowledge base. If it is well organized and it makes sense we never know in what way you, me, or others can puzzle it together with something else and suddenly we have something awesome nobody thinks of today :D [/color]

---------------
1. Laboratory: This is looking really well, and I understand it's only the beginning - great work! I would like to suggest that for the resources found from our inventory it also show the quantity we have in inventory...
Thanks. Yes, this will come. And more :D

---------------
2. Crafted Inventory (a tab under Schematics): This tab would allow me to enter things I craft and sell on a regular basis...
Yes, this is planned for.
Here I may need to ask for guidance though. SWGAide has the Trade tab which is per galaxy, character, and it can tracked to a specific vendor and also to named products. One problem is if a crafter manufactures variations of an item but let them have the default names, or even blank names. The trade mails never read the serial number. Another problem is if the player has several crafters selling the same kind of items.

Hence, to get this to work there are some decisions to make and the SWGAide user must possibly adapt (of course, everything is possible to implement, but everything is not worth spending days of work on):
How to connect a sold item to an item in inventory (for the current galaxy of course)?
--- To any item in inventory with the same name?
--- To items owned by a certain assignee, still with the same name?
--- Are certain key words in the item name enough?
Probably the first alternative is best, I often craft items with character X that is sold by character Y.
The third option is tricky, for the player, to remember which words are key words.
I will ask in an individual thread though, what the community thinks.

However, this is not just for selling but also for "internal" stock of components. So there is more to it :D

----------------

Well, keep up the great work. Your dedication to the tools we have is greatly appreciative. Thank you so much!

Chris
Thanks, and you too have fun
/Zim

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 10, 2010 12:05 pm

Swedishoyster wrote:SWGaide is looking better and better, one small small feature I would like to see is either an [Update now] button that forces SWGaide to connect to swgcraft and update the resourcelist, OR a timestamp somewhere (statusbar?) stating last updated time & date. Something like: Last synchronized database 2010-05-10 09.34 (GMT+1).
Such as this?
Such as this?
recent_most_update.png (4.73 KiB) Viewed 12072 times
Still a bit annoying sometimes when you start the program and have to wait until it "should have updated by now".

Oh and a question, what is the recommended way of operating SWGaide? Alt+tabbing between SWG and SWGaide or turning off SWG before starting SWGaide? If I have SWGaide running and do a /mailsave in SWG will that immediately be updated by swgaide or on next startup? Oh and when are changes in swgaide saved? is it aftert a given time, when youu go to another tab in swgaide or when you turn the program off?
Yes!

You do not need to exit/launch either SWG or SWGAide :)
Each time you select a character to read its mails SWGAide checks the harddisk for new mails.
Hence, to "reload" you simply flip to another character and back again, assuming most people have more than one character ;)

Eeeek, you should neeeeeever turn off SWGAide, it is made to comfort you while asleep, cheer you when you wake up, support you through the day, make you smile after work, and brush yu.... eeh that was version 2.x

/Zimoon

Swedishoyster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Swedishoyster » Mon May 10, 2010 12:13 pm

oh have I missed this or is it just implemented in latest patch? /blush

I usually stare at my guards for 5 minutes then until it surely must be updated before I log on...

Are stuff like harvesters saved as well if I go to for example the trade tab and then back?
Sork Inc. Perdition, Dantooine
Hunterella, Architect/Armorsmith - Sorkella, Ranger/Riflewoman
Snufsan, Tailor/Chef/x - Healerella, Doctor
Bimborella, Swordswoman/Medic - Sniperella, Rifle/BE

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Mon May 10, 2010 12:37 pm

Zimoon wrote: "which creatures drop X resource class?" (which was suggested months ago, what happened with that?)
You mean these two pages?
http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/addcreature.php
http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/creature_tr ... &mode=full

Was added back in May.... 2007 (http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=638#p638)

(Yes, I know the pages for viewing the data were never completed, the lack of data input made me prioritize other things)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 10, 2010 4:04 pm

Sobuno wrote:
Zimoon wrote: "which creatures drop X resource class?" (which was suggested months ago, what happened with that?)
You mean these two pages?
http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/addcreature.php
http://www.swgcraft.org/dev/creature_tr ... &mode=full

Was added back in May.... 2007 (http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=638#p638)

(Yes, I know the pages for viewing the data were never completed, the lack of data input made me prioritize other things)
/kowtow Rackle- Savacc - Sobuno - Onyx who posted there
/Zimoon hide-somewhere-waiting-for-it-to-populate
/Zimoon meanwhile considers his join date versus the above topic :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bulba
Novice Crafter

Post by Bulba » Wed May 12, 2010 3:41 pm

I found a work-around of sorts to see monthly trade summaries.

The whole trade tab reads from the Auction mail subfolder. So, if you keep only the current months mails in there then you get that months stats in the trade tab. You can make more mail subfolders and move each month into one. Then when you want to review a previous month, you do a bit of swapping of your mails back and forth.

Not ideal, but it works :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 12, 2010 4:56 pm

Sounds like a crude workaround :)
But fort now *thumbs-up*

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Post by maninspace » Thu May 27, 2010 9:09 pm

Zimoon,
as always, a great work!
I love the Laboratory and the Schematic sections :)

Is there a way, to add a search function/filter to the Laboratory, so you don't have to scroll down the whole list of schematics?

*Edit*
Oh, and maybe another idea:
When a resource is shown in the Laboratory, I might want to know, how long ago this was reported. How about a infobox, when the cursor is hovering over the resource name. Or would it be better to double click on it in the Laboratory, and that will call this resource in the resources list?

greetings

maninspace
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 28, 2010 9:26 am

maninspace wrote:Zimoon,
as always, a great work!
Thanks, I do too :mrgreen:

Is there a way, to add a search function/filter to the Laboratory, so you don't have to scroll down the whole list of schematics?

The filter you ask for is two-fold:
1) Add schematics to lists of favorites. You can have several assignees for different kind of favorite lists, one for BM another for DE-Cybernetics and so forth.
2) Select the popup-option to use the profession/skill-level filter at the Draft Schematics section; it is found at the list of schematics at The Laboratory panel. Not the best perhaps, quite coarse, but something.

I will think about the search thing, how to do it. The easy way would be to select the first that match the query, repeat query and it selects the next. Won't happen soon though because that would postpone so much other stuff I have planned for. And there is still a long list.

*Edit*
When a resource is shown in the Laboratory, I might want to know, how long ago this was reported. How about a infobox, when the cursor is hovering over the resource name. Or would it be better to double click on it in the Laboratory, and that will call this resource in the resources list?

I guess what you really want is to hide resource older than a certain period. This is addressed by a new feature I am working on, at another panel.

Include date in the hover-over-bubble, good idea, right now there is none at all for resources not in inventory.

I think a popup-option to display a details-box would do, very much as "Details" at the Current Resources panel, right? Could do that quick.

greetings

maninspace
Man in red
/Zimoon

PS: and good to see you around, I haven't seen you in a while ... or I might need to clean my glasses 8)

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Fri May 28, 2010 11:11 am

Zimoon wrote:
maninspace wrote:Zimoon,
as always, a great work!
Thanks, I do too :mrgreen:

The filter you ask for is two-fold:
1) Add schematics to lists of favorites. You can have several assignees for different kind of favorite lists, one for BM another for DE-Cybernetics and so forth.
2) Select the popup-option to use the profession/skill-level filter at the Draft Schematics section; it is found at the list of schematics at The Laboratory panel. Not the best perhaps, quite coarse, but something.

I found it - wow... that is... GREAT. Not easy to find, but when you know, what to do... I am speechless :D

I will think about the search thing, how to do it. The easy way would be to select the first that match the query, repeat query and it selects the next. Won't happen soon though because that would postpone so much other stuff I have planned for. And there is still a long list.

*Edit*

I guess what you really want is to hide resource older than a certain period. This is addressed by a new feature I am working on, at another panel.

Include date in the hover-over-bubble, good idea, right now there is none at all for resources not in inventory.

I think a popup-option to display a details-box would do, very much as "Details" at the Current Resources panel, right? Could do that quick.

I just want to know, if it will be worth to place a harvester or not - so the details popup would be all I am looking for :)

greetings

maninspace

Man in red
/Zimoon

PS: and good to see you around, I haven't seen you in a while ... or I might need to clean my glasses 8)

yes, thats right - RL is taking a lot of time. We are in the final phase of becoming parents and there was a lot to do in the past months :)

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 28, 2010 12:46 pm

maninspace wrote:...
yes, thats right - RL is taking a lot of time. We are in the final phase of becoming parents and there was a lot to do in the past months :)
Congrats now and congrats on the coming events, all blessings and best wishes. Parenting is kind of turning lots of things upside-down so ... enjoy the moments you will be able to play ;)

/Z

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Fri May 28, 2010 12:54 pm

I do so ;)

Europe-Farstar:
Starsider: