SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide Wish-list: Suggestions, Ideas, and Must-Have

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:22 pm

HydroTek wrote:IMHO: Placed here so you wouldn't forget :wink:

Wish list:
Also if the Entertainer buff (Harvest Faire) field can be moved to the Activate harvester panel, since there may not always be an Ent to buff me when I need to set a harvester ...else I have to edit the owner to show the current Ent buff.
Browsing through the list so I do not miss anything 8)

This is added to the dialog wished for, as a slider, a good suggestion.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:25 pm

Belisama wrote:It would be nice to be able to mark a resource unavailable from the harvester tab. There are 3 ways i find out that a resource is depleted:
- with survey droid: that works fine
- at "submitting resources" (i use that for creature resources usual): that works fine
- when i am at harvester tour. But when i am at my harvester and see that the resource is depleted i can't mark it unavailable from the harvester panel. Insteat if have to look up the resource under the current resources and mark it unavailable there. That's.. a few steps more then necessary ,)

Best
lazy Bel
This is done, you can mark a resource depleted via popup dialog at several locations which is about resources, including the harvester panel. This option will not be added to the schematics section though.

/Zim

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:46 pm

Belisama wrote:I would like to see harvester- or resource-alarm at the main window as well.
This is now implemented and will be included in next update. If anything at the resources section alerts or alarms the main Resources tab is colored for alert (orange) or alarm (red).

At the same time I moved around the minor panels at Current Resources so the Details window will always show, Guards is top panel at the smaller tabs, then Monitor, and Display Options last. I think this better supports the use for this panel, details and guards always visible, options are changed more seldom and can be pushed backwards.

Did I say next update? 8)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:02 pm

maninspace wrote:...
When a resource is shown in the Laboratory, I might want to know, how long ago this was reported. How about a infobox, when the cursor is hovering over the resource name. ...
Next update: an option at The Laboratory's resource table that displays an info dialog for the resource. Also improved hover-over text.

/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:25 am

Just a couple of thoughts (and they may not be original or good as I havent read the entire thread):

1) The ability to make a guard from a resource in your inventory, I am generally in the position now that I am only looking for upgrade resources so if there was a quick way to use the stats in an existing resource to populate a guard I think I would be more inclined to use the feature more thoroughly.

2) The ability to make a guard that encompasses resources on all planets, Sunrunner is getting a bit desperate for a good quality OQ/SR Polymer so I am contemplating searching other servers and having some shipped back to Sunrunner.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:57 am

Monty Burns wrote:Just a couple of thoughts (and they may not be original or good as I havent read the entire thread):

1) The ability to make a guard from a resource in your inventory, I am generally in the position now that I am only looking for upgrade resources so if there was a quick way to use the stats in an existing resource to populate a guard I think I would be more inclined to use the feature more thoroughly.

2) The ability to make a guard that encompasses resources on all planets, Sunrunner is getting a bit desperate for a good quality OQ/SR Polymer so I am contemplating searching other servers and having some shipped back to Sunrunner.
  1. Is planned for and will be part of an upgrade to schematics-guards interaction I am working with.

But I didn't really think of Inventory. That would mean that you have no guard whatsoever, right? Starting from scratch, kind of? Still it makes sense because you can at least see the stats while making the guard, not the %% perhaps, but still something.

Questions:
    Do you mean a plain guard, one that use values only?
    Or do you mean a weighed guard?
    The former is straight forward and you erase the values not necessary.
    The latter is a lot harder, adding a button to upgrade an existing guard is a lot easier, just upgrade threshold to the best rate you have in inventory.

There is one thing though, personally I use some weighed guards that remains at 960, that is when I want to find better values at the secondary experimental lines. Think Chef, the guard is for nutrition, but if a 960+ resource shows up, inferior to what I have but the secondary stats are better, then I see that "by inspection". Possibly I will improve guards in an unplanned future, to allow for a second filter (plain or weighed) for secondary lines and both must match, we'll see.
  2. I guess it is just a typo and you mean "encompass all galaxies".
    I must think hard about this one and will do some research.
/Zimoon

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:53 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Monty Burns wrote:Just a couple of thoughts (and they may not be original or good as I havent read the entire thread):

1. Is planned for and will be part of an upgrade to schematics-guards interaction I am working with.

But I didn't really think of Inventory. That would mean that you have no guard whatsoever, right? Starting from scratch, kind of? Still it makes sense because you can at least see the stats while making the guard, not the %% perhaps, but still something.

Questions:
    Do you mean a plain guard, one that use values only?
    Or do you mean a weighed guard?
    The former is straight forward and you erase the values not necessary.
    The latter is a lot harder, adding a button to upgrade an existing guard is a lot easier, just upgrade threshold to the best rate you have in inventory.

There is one thing though, personally I use some weighed guards that remains at 960, that is when I want to find better values at the secondary experimental lines. Think Chef, the guard is for nutrition, but if a 960+ resource shows up, inferior to what I have but the secondary stats are better, then I see that "by inspection". Possibly I will improve guards in an unplanned future, to allow for a second filter (plain or weighed) for secondary lines and both must match, we'll see.
  2. I guess it is just a typo and you mean "encompass all galaxies".
    I must think hard about this one and will do some research.
/Zimoon
1) I meant a plain guard, generally I look at resources and make 1 guard for each of my crafters that contains the best resource data I have for that craft and was looking for a way to do it from the inventory list, the thought was that it would fill the fields in the guard and then I could just edit out the excess data.

2) Yes I meant all galaxies.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:56 pm

1. Consider it done. Not tonight but before next update :)
  2. I am already researching :)

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:03 am

Zimoon wrote:
Hehe no rush, I am now rebuilding my guards after the re-installation process (I backed up my inventory but forgot to do the guards).

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Zimoon wrote:
Added, the plain guard will be given the stats and the notes of the selected entry.
Thanks a great suggestion.

However, I may leak some info that next version also will include a new panel at the Schematics pages named "Today's Census". In short, and it is actually not much more 8)

Select an assignee --- remember that you define an assignee and add favorite schematics to it and you may have a many assignees as you please.

Now, for all required resource classes of these favorite schematics SWGAide will scan all current resources and compare them versus your inventory, using all HQ experimental values of the schematics. Each current resource that is better than the best of inventory is displayed.

There are options to limit the age for current resources to display and also to ignore stacks in inventory below a limit. How much better than inventory is also displayed as %.

There is also a LQ (low-quality) mode which displays current resources for resource classes that are missing in inventory. The the above options apply to these as well.

I am now working with what is missing here at SWGCraft, mark some schematics that can be experimented as LQ (low-quality) because experimenting is useless, also to mark some experiment groups as LQ because they are not interesting, or at least much inferior. These will not be displayed in HQ mode. This is really either per schematic or per experimental group, such as any Food but Nutrition.

I do hope that option will be added to SWGCraft, only at schematics that have experimental properties. A 3-level option, Never use, Depends, and Always use. And hopefully as I depicted above, but per schematic is better than nothing, there are just above 100 named exp-groups and only a hand-full should be ignored. Lets hope :)

Anyway, the above will in some ways present you with the same outcome and filtering as guards, but presented in another fashion and context.

Hopefully I need just another week, I found some bugs trying to hide in a dusk corner while testing this 8)

/Zimoon

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:59 am

Is there any possibility of changing the interface of the "Resource Info" pane? I find the current one with all of the bars to be confusing and hard on the eyes when trying to follow a name on the left to it's cap on the right. Any chance we could get it to be two separate areas/boxes, much like it is at the website here. With one of them being the tree style listing of all resources, and the right hand side being a simple box with the listed stats and their caps? The one at SWGCraft is perfect essentially. I would like something like that but instead of each resource taking you to a new page with the resources of that class, it would merely be a new level of the resource tree.

Another tiny suggestion I have is on the Current Resource tab. In the Resource Details box, would it be possible to have the cap for each stat in parenthesis next to the actual stat? It now shows as:

Iacome
Kashyyykian Horn Age: 6 d
dr=893 ma=401 oq=270 sr=632 ut=341

Is it possible to have it look exactly the same as above except with the caps next to each resource in parenthesis, so it would look like:

Iacome
Kashyyykian Horn Age: 6 d
dr=893(1000) ma=401(500) oq=270(1000) sr=632(700) ut=341(500)

Its just so that you can get an exact measure of how far the resource is away from it's cap rather than relying on the coloring which is a range not an exact number.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:19 am

I will see if I can throw in a toggle to disable to colored bar and just leave the numbers as is. Would that do it?

I cannot speak for this site but at a glance I find it very close to information overload that would defeat the purpose rather than being helpful. At some point or another I think we all learn the caps of the stuff we use them most, such that cap of MA for Ferrous Metal is 600 (Architect knowledge) which sucks because it is a stat for the hopper size of harvesters and it calls for Metal which has no cap :(

There is a fine line between useful information and too much information. The latter case blurs, shadows, or is confusing. Finding the balance is awesome.

/Zimoon

Seldom_Bored
Novice Crafter

Post by Seldom_Bored » Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:12 pm

Zimoon wrote:I will see if I can throw in a toggle to disable to colored bar and just leave the numbers as is. Would that do it?

I cannot speak for this site but at a glance I find it very close to information overload that would defeat the purpose rather than being helpful. At some point or another I think we all learn the caps of the stuff we use them most, such that cap of MA for Ferrous Metal is 600 (Architect knowledge) which sucks because it is a stat for the hopper size of harvesters and it calls for Metal which has no cap :(

There is a fine line between useful information and too much information. The latter case blurs, shadows, or is confusing. Finding the balance is awesome.

/Zimoon
I think that it would go a long way to help, but I still think that like you said, it's just an information overload when you've got upwards of 20+ lines sometimes from all the resources in a class as well as all the subclasses above it that still show.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Seldom_Bored wrote:
Zimoon wrote:I will see if I can throw in a toggle to disable to colored bar and just leave the numbers as is. Would that do it?

/Zimoon
I think that it would go a long way to help, but I still think that like you said, it's just an information overload when you've got upwards of 20+ lines sometimes from all the resources in a class as well as all the subclasses above it that still show.
I just found that exactly what you are asking for is already present here at SWGCraft, click the resource name for its details and voilà.

Monty Burns
Master Crafter

Post by Monty Burns » Wed Aug 25, 2010 4:12 am

Zimoon wrote:
I have been thinking about this a bit and would it be possible to tie the resources page to the toon you have selected on the main page?
This would allow us to see what is available dependent on the location of the toon.

I realise it is not a great solution and I would personally prefer the option to make cross galaxy guards but it is a solution none the less.