SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Post by Zimoon » Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:28 pm

Tewon wrote:First thank you for the update.

I have one small question: Is there a way to delete the created Favorites?

Thanks in advance

Kind regards
Tewon
It will come, it will come. I guess it is not written but implied in the bottommost section of the help text at the new panel :)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide --- version 0.8.4

Post by Zimoon » Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:47 pm

SWGAide version 0.8.4 is available

This update is more a hot-fix, several minor glitches are patched.
From the history file:
  • Fixed the broken age column at Current Resources panel.
  • Fixed broken handling of recycled resources for LQ schematics.
  • Fixed the misleading rating of resources for schematics that use LQ-stuff.
  • Added resources-in-stock to the laboratory table as tool-tip fly-over text.
Enjoy
Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide v. 0.8.5

Post by Zimoon » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:48 pm

SWGAide version 0.8.5 of is available

From the history file
  • Added panel named Depleted Resources at Resources section.
  • Improved display at the Draft Schematics panel to be more smooth.
  • Corrected import to Resource Inventory so it does not hog the GUI.
  • Added more file formats for import to Resource Inventory.
For information on the Depleted Resources, find the new panel and click F1, as always :)
Now importing from JnF should work.

The new Depleted Resources means that in a future I will remove the feature in the ISDroid panel that writes to the file [SWGAide]\temp\depleted.txt --- This was mainly meant for Belisama's eyes, but maybe more guys have used it. :D

Enjoy
/Zimoon

Ruh
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ruh » Sun May 02, 2010 5:06 pm

Z, you probably are not aware of this buuuut...the link on your site still says it is for the April 19th release, but it points to the April 30th release file.

Also, I noticed that some schems were missing (which I believe is more so on the part of swgcraft.org). Specifically the looted schem PSGs. How does one go about making sure these (and any other schems) are added to swgaide? I have them and can provide their details if need be. (or are they there and I am just looking in the wrong places)
Ruh [Bounty Hunter] - Ruh' [Smuggler] - Reh [Jedi] - Reh' [Spy] - Ryh [Medic] - Ryh' [Dancer] - Rih' [Commando] - 'Rih [Officer]
ShiodIndustries [Domestics] - ShiodInduztries [Engineer] - ShiodIndustriez [Architect] - ShiodInduztriez [Munitions]
Starsider

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 02, 2010 8:04 pm

Thanks Ruh, I overlooked that sentence and have updated it now, sorry for that and thanks again.

I also emphasized the paragraph at that web site on how to move along with missing schematics and unknown data, it is done here at SWGCraft. I will post a separate topic in this forum, you are not the first to ask :)

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 09, 2010 11:50 pm

SWGAide version 0.8.6 is available

From the history file:
  • Added panel for resource class usage per profession, and more.
  • Added option to laboratory panel to filter the list of schematics.
  • Fixed a bug where help pages did not update properly while navigating.
  • Added option to harvester dialog to adjust a characters harvester fair buff.
  • Added so filtering inventory from other panels also selects specified resource.
  • Added options to current resources panel to write/append resource data to notes.
Thanks for the great suggestions you all come up with, a few made it into this release.

The main feature in this release is the new panel for resource class use. And some twists to that ;)

Not visible at the GUI is a new, improved system to maintain resource classes. This new system makes it possible to remove some ugly hacks I have used, but there is no hurry with that really. Better though, it supports some gadgets you have called for, and more :D

Enjoy
/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon May 10, 2010 8:04 pm

SWGAide version 0.8.7 is available

From the history file:
  • Added options at Resource Class Use to create plain or quality guards
Added an option for quality resource needs at the new panel for resource usage. This option tries really hard to figure out which experimentation weights to use, and I am quite happy with the outcome :)

There are limitations though, not all schematics have just one line and of those quite a few have wildly different weights of which more than one makes sense, determined by the use. Please try it out, feedback is warmly welcomed.

With this option, select a resource class of interest, this lists the schematics which use this class ... nothing new so far ...
now either...
  • select a schematic and then right-click the resource class once again and select the option to create a quality guard, the dialog is preset with sensible values for the selected schematic, or
  • do not select a schematic but right-click the resource class, now the dialog is preset with values for the first schematic which has experimentation info of those that are listed
If no schematic has experimentation it kind of makes no sense to create a weighed guard for it, but you may continue if you please.

Enjoy
/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide --- version 0.8.8

Post by Zimoon » Fri May 21, 2010 7:49 am

SWGAide version 0.8.8 is available

First I want to thank you for your feedback and input, it has been most helpful. SWGAide truly is open source and even if you do not develop your input, anything from a comment on a misspelled word, a serious bug report, data of some kind, to cheers and hoorays are warmly welcomed :)

This version includes a larger amount of polishing, bug fixes, and a dialog to manage favorites and assignees. Make sure to open it, click F1, and read its help text. Other help texts at the schematics sections are edited and improved. From the history text:
  • Added dialog to Schematics for managing assignees and favorites, see Edit menu.
  • Added features to Inventory import from notes so it updates existing resources.
  • Added small info box to Resource Class Use to display experimentation weights.
  • Added more options at Draft Schematics to conveniently add to favorite lists.
  • Fixed a bug with the resource-inventory dialog to lookup resource data.
  • Fixed a bug with complementing planetary info for known resources.
  • Added various items here and there for convenience reasons only.
  • Improved how the navigation buttons work at Draft Schematics.
  • Fixed minor, older bugs and issues of more cosmetic kind.
  • Improved the help texts for the schematics section.
Because it has been asked, a quote from the help text:
Briefly though, each assignee has its list of favorites, create several assignees for multiple favorite lists. These lists are used in several filters, often to limit the display, but more features will be added.
Not in this version:
The limitation about resource stats outside caps, as far as I understand it only Mustafarian resources(?), is not yet fixed (the bug regarding the lookup-failure reported at the same time is fixed). I have some ideas but I will think them over again, let them mature so to say.

The bug in the Trade filtering, item names with dots are affected, is not fixed. I have verified and isolated the error to the dot and that the filtering allows for reg-exp searches. So, my private thoughts are, how many users do really know about and use reg-exp searches? Drop it? Or remedy the problem? We'll see 8)

In this version SWGAide has taken a first step towards an improved help system which allows for reading help outside SWGAide and making SWGAide multi-language. I often get in-game mails and PMs from less English-native players about SWGAide, reading help pages had not helped them, so I plan to allow for any-language. At least for the help texts, perhaps more. Translators interested?

In the recent versions of SWGAide there are quite a few items you do not see even though they are strongly GUI oriented, but they ease future developing. A lot. Over time these will replace some older code and hopefully make some stuff smoother.

What is next?
The schematics section is far from ready. There are several items on the backlog, wait and see :)
The resources section has a blank page for resource caps, it is in the oven.
Once it was discussed about creature resources, I am thinking about the best way for it to happen.
All other panels need an overhaul, don't you think?

"Can I help?"
Yes, continue to update SWGCraft :)
If you find some kind of data that would be cool to have, gather it and post it at these forums.

One thing SWGAide would benefit from is a list of components which are possible to experiment with these particular properties:
  1. must always be high-quality
    must never be high-quality
    must always be high-quality for some schematics, never for others
The three properties should be understood such as:
-- the quality of the component does have an impact on the crafted item, or it does never have an impact
It does not mean that the crafter sometimes can choose to craft a low-quality item.

That means that the third point also should list the items that really need the high-quality component for its end result, as in 1. Those not listed are understood as they belong to 2.

Enjoy the new version and the weekend

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide --- version 0.8.9

Post by Zimoon » Tue May 25, 2010 4:17 pm

SWGAide version 0.8.9 is available

From the history file:
  • Added panel Resource Info and Caps to the Resources panel, just caps yet.
  • Added option to write inventory to notes file for in-game updates of the amount.
  • Activating a harvester now adds one unit to inventory to make it visible there.
  • Improved Laboratory panel so spawns better than inventory render at great color.
  • Added option to Resource Class Use to display all schematics that use a class.
Finally I got around and could implement the empty panel at the Resources section, the one for resource class info and caps. This far it is a visual-and-text display of caps for all resource classes. For example, it clearly illuminates how Radioactive PE increases with its class, a Cl 7 is most often better than Cl 6 and always better than Cl 5. For the first time I noticed an oddity with Iron: have a look at DR for Axidite Iron, this is the only resource class that shows this odd property, for any stat.

The previous version added features to the import-from-notes to inventory, you can use + - or = to update existing inventory entries. This version makes for a complete symmetry, now you can export to inventory to notes --- in the minimalistic notes-format (name, amount, misc-notes) --- so that you can edit the notes file in game and then conveniently import/update the inventory. See the help file (press F1) for details on the + - and =. If you apply a filter, such as Iron, only Iron is written to file which makes it easier to update inventory backpack-by-backpack, or whatever container you use.

A mini-treat is the add-one-unit to Inventory when you activate a harvester. Only if the add-to-inventory is selected, of course. The one-unit entry is made for the owner of the harvester and it will read the text in the notes field for the harvester. Personally I always add one unit to inventory as a place holder, to enable the inventory-color at the current-resources and now also to turn off the alert color at the Resource Use panel at the Schematics section.

At the Schematics panel there are two new features, seemingly small but I hope the usefulness is the greater:

Browsing schematics at The Laboratory panel, spawning resources that are better than anything you have in inventory now renders in the same color as you have selected for GREAT resource quality at the Current Resources panel. Default that is a red color, but you may have adjusted it. I believe this will better alert you about the opportunity.

Browsing resource classes at the Resource Use panel, an option at the right-hand resource class tree makes it possible to view also schematics that can make use of a resource class you select. With this option enabled you can click any resource class and all schematics that can use the selection are listed. With this option disabled SWGAide limits the display to those schematics that specifically call for a selected schematic --- it is implicitly understood that anything under a blue-colored resource-class node can be used.

From the previous version, if there is anything you want an explanation for, or a clarification, just ask :)

Enjoy
/Zimoon

PS: This version does not include any fix for reported bugs, just those I have found by myself 8)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide --- version 0.8.10

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 09, 2010 11:59 am

SWGAide version 0.8.9 is available

From the history file:
  • Added improved hover-over text to the schematics Laboratory panel.
  • Disabled reg-exp filtering at Trade Sales panel so text with * works.
  • Now help files exist in SWGAide's docs folder and language support is possible.
  • Relaxed control of resource stats at Inventory so Musty-outside-stats will pass.
  • Rewrote the help text for Current Resources and fixed a bug with "allow-zeroes".
  • Added option to the resource class tree to momentarily disable default coloring.
  • Made resource guards and details the top displayed panels at Current Resources.
  • Now SWGAide colors the Resources tab if there is an alarm, alert, or warning.
  • Relocated several internal collections for improved future accessibility.
  • Added popup dialog for resource details at The Laboratory panel.
  • Improved fly-over text for resources at The Laboratory panel.
  • Improved logging for the ISDroid submit logic.
This version is more of a options/feature upgrade plus some minor bugs fixed, which are posted about recently in other threads so I will not repeat myself. The internal relocation does not really change anything seen at the outside, but future versions depend on these changes. However, as with anything you relocate, it is easy to drop something, trash a corner or scratch aunt's shiny knick-knacks, so whatever you find, please report it.

You have probably seen the nearby thread between Monty and myself and if you encounter anything the similar, please report it. There is one thing that I can never fix: problems I do not know about 8)

These days I am developing SWGAide at both a Win-7 laptop and my old trustworthy XP but besides the known-about Vista/W7 issue with Microsoft's upperhand attitude towards Java I have not seen any oddity whatsoever. But different use and another use style can trigger other stuff than I run into, so I am happy for any reports, whether it turns out to be a bug or ebcak it is useful to get it discussed. Often discussions end up with something that is news or never-thought-of for others so ... :D

Enjoy
/Zimoon

PS: One thing is new, I almost forgot it.
It is now possible to read the help files using a web browser, start at the index.html file in your folder for SWGAide.

This is one first step towards translated help files. Contact me if you are speak a language which is not English and you want to translate. There is no need to translate everything, rather the opposite. But, please contact me first to avoid double work and to get some pointers :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide --- version 0.8.11

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:59 pm

SWGAide version 0.8.11 is available

From the history file:
  • Fixed a bug with coloring at the Current Resources table
  • Fixed a bug so an idling harvester always paints the knobs red
  • Fixed an issue so now the table of guards update itself promptly
  • Added option to mute all sound alerts/alarms for resource guards
  • Fixed an issue so sound alerts, alarms and warnings play their full length
  • Added an option to Inventory to create a plain guard based on a selected entry
  • Added a panel for current resources which outshines resource inventory
The highlighted item is a new panel at the Schematics section which displays the most recent resource which outshines the resource inventory. Select an assignee and for its list of favorite schematics SWGAide scans the most recent resources and compares them with inventory. Then this panel displays the resources with experimental weights that are better than anything in inventory, which gives you an alert on what to survey for today. Specify a limit for when to ignore spawning resources, and specify the size for when to ignore smaller crates in stock. The latter then also works as an alert for resources that are about to empty.

How to define assignees and build lists of favorite schematics is read at the help texts for the Manage Assignees and Favorites dialog and for the Draft Schematics panel. Press F1 for the help text, or start SWGAide one time to create or update the help files outside of SWGAide, see the index.html file.

Notice:

In HQ mode it is the many combinations of "resource-class" and "experimental-weights" that are used to scan resources and rate them. However, this is done per experimental line so the rate/weighing is not what we know as the weighed average result (war) that is discussed in detail in the Beginners' Guide for Traders; it is just for the one line by itself.

A built in limitation is to ignore some schematics that have experimental lines but their qualities are ignored and never used in SWG; these are treated as LQ schematics. For Food and Drinks only the Nutrition line is considered. I hope to be able to change these limitations, first of all I wish to have a way at this site to tag schematics with experimental lines as HQ, Depends, and, Ignored. Secondly, SWGAide will have the means, some day, so that the user can override and/or select HQ/LQ per schematic or category. If you have objections against this design, or if you find oddities, or if you think even more lines should be ignored, just post your response here.

For LQ schematics SWGAide just checks so your inventory has at least one unit of a useful resource class for each required class, similar to how the Resource Class Use panel displays missing classes. However, the logic does not determine whether the resource class is great or bulk but I consider this a minor shortcoming.

Your feedback and suggestions are welcomed :)

Credits to Savacc for your kind help with my English that is in a never-ending need of improvement :lol:

Enjoy
/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide --- version 0.8.12

Post by Zimoon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:37 pm

SWGAide version 0.8.12 is available

This version is mainly a bug-fix-release but it also includes some new options to the popup dialogs at some schematics panels and one at the Options menu. In short they allow you to select a schematic and have it selected at other panels either at will or always, to make it possible to page back and forth to see different views on it rather than having to look it up at all other panels too. And it is possible to select a resource which is then selected at the current resources panel, or at the the inventory.

From the history file:
  • At Today's Alert selected entries now stay selected
  • At Today's Alert, added some new options to different GUI elements
  • At Today's Alert, added option to ignore resources from Kashyyyk and Mustafar
  • At Draft Schematics, profession and level filters now apply to Add Category...
  • Fixed a reset error at the inventory-dialog after adding recycled resources
  • Fixed a bug with parsing integer during some communication with SWGCraft
  • Fixed a bug in resource cache so unused resources now really are purged
Enjoy
Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide --- version 0.8.13

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 11, 2010 7:07 pm

SWGAide 0.8.13 is available

This version contains bug fixes which are reported at this forum and other glitches I have come across. From the history file:
  • Fixed a bug with sorting table columns at Today's Alert.
  • Fixed a character limitation related to non-English Windows installations.
  • Fixed a bug so the schematics list only displays for the selected assignee.
  • Fixed a bug at resource inventory when selecting an entry from other panels.
  • At resources and schematics sections, added select-x options to popup dialogs.
  • Initiated relaxed file paths to soon make SWGAide movable between computers.
  • Fixed several minor bugs and glitches.
The popup options are of the style "Select schematic use", "Select current", "Filter inventory", etc., and they are explained in the help files for the panel where you use them. Some of them are not new but now they are also available at more locations, others are new.

These features bind together the two sections Resources and Schematics; you can now easily see which schematics that calls for a certain resource class, and vice versa, from a schematics panel you can quickly select or filter for a particular resource or class at the resource panels.

This version also includes another step towards relaxed information in the DAT file which over time will make SWGAide movable. Hopefully this does not introduce nasty bugs, I have been using the changes for some weeks in different computers but 'touch wood'. In a future it will be possible to have SWGAide at a USB stick and use it in which ever computer you have, or just copy around the DAT file between computers. More details on this in some other thread, I just want to mention that work is done in the shadows 8)

Enjoy
/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide --- version 0.8.14

Post by Zimoon » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:16 pm

SWGAide 0.8.14 is available

This version fixes a nasty bug that during startup froze SWGAide for some players. From the history file:
  • Fixed an error that could lock SWGAide during start.
  • Fixed a bug at resource inventory table related to editing a cell.
  • Added option for notes at resource monitors; auto-added if a guard is selected.
The error was a side effect from the background work to make SWGAide the more mobile, I am sorry for any inconvenience the lockup error caused you.

Now you may add notes to an active monitor. If a guard is selected when creating a monitor the name and the notes of the guard is automatically added as notes, as a hint on why monitoring that resource.

Now SWGAide also use the new "Quality level" that is displayed at this site's schematic pages. As a result SWGAide does not lookup HQ resources for LQ schematics. The "mixed" quality requires an extra explanation, not yet added to the help files, so...

Schematics' Quality Level

First of all, the stated quality level of a schematic denotes the normal case.
  • HQ: A weapon is always HQ; if a player just wants one as decor that is not the normal case.
  • LQ: quality is ignored in-game
    • You may experiment on for example a survey device, but that have no practical use. There are numerous schematics that can be experimented but quality has no effect in game.
    • Many schematics have no experimenting properties.
  • Mixed: Some schematics (components only) must be HQ in some use but may be any quality in other use. It is the use case that determines whichever, not that somebody wants something for decor.
An example of "mixed": a Droid Engineer never craft HQ Control Units for his own use, their quality makes no difference on anything on his repertoire. However, a Control Unit must be top notch if it is crafted for an Architect that makes crafting stations. Hence, the use case determines whether Control Unit can be any quality or if it must be HQ, a typical "mixed" case.

Another example where "mixed" is not appropriate: the quality of a Camp Battery determines its lifetime and thus the lifetime of the camp itself, hence it is HQ. However, some players are fine with a short-lived camp with a Junk Dealer or a Shuttle to load in a small group once, hence LQ batteries do have a market. However, even if this is a common case the battery is not used in two different schematics to achieve this, one that settles with LQ and another that demands HQ. It is used in the same schematic but the use of that schematic varies, somewhat similar to the "decoration argument".

Thus, "mixed" is only used for components that for some schematics always must be HQ and for others the quality is ignored. That a user settles with any quality of an end item has no bearing to this property. Actually, not many schematics exist with "mixed" quality level.

/Zimoon

Bulba
Novice Crafter

Post by Bulba » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:16 pm

Just wanted to say thanks for your hard work Zimoon. It was only today I really spent some time playing with the new schematic features. A lot of work went into that.

I always find it interesting to see how "home-brew" software develops over time. You get an insight into how the authors mind works :) There's a few parts of SWGAide that look "back to front" for me. I don't mean that in a bad way at all. I just mean you chose a different way to display the info than what I'm used to, or what I would expect. It's still perfectly logical and coherent, it just gave me a chuckle to think "Oh that's how Zimoon sees that". :)

But thanks again, I use SWGAide every day and it's invaluable to me. I'm coming up on 10,000 vendor mails and not a hiccup yet!