SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

SWGAide --- Your SWG Swizz Knife

Post by Zimoon » Sun Nov 22, 2009 5:04 pm

-

SWGAide

... is the ultimate utility to manage resources and schematics, to watch out for certain resources and qualities, to monitor active harvesters, to monitor sales and auctions, to organize mails, and much more. Today SWGAide is the only SWG tool with smooth support for submitting resource spawns/despawns to SWGCraft.

This topic is for bug reports and this-does-not-work-for-me and more; use these topics for their stated topics:

What is SWGAide all about?

SWGAide started out as a small utility for my personal crafting purposes, built on a Java library donated to the community back in 2005. This was just before NGE that killed a community project before it took off. Over time I added more and more of those want-to-have features, the little seed grew and today SWGAide is the ultimate SWG-aide I once envisioned.

During the hole process a few golden rules have governed the development, they are:
Actively support SWGCraft
--- I frown upon utilities and crafter sites that just thin down the critical mass of players who keeps a site like this afloat.
Ease of use
--- a good utility is intuitive and simple to use, not complex and backwards.
Stability
--- users want something that simply works, and if there is an error it must be handled gracefully.
Freedom
--- both the freedom that is the result of the application working for you supportively, but also freedom of data and community knowledge.
Fun
--- SWG is all about having fun, it is an imaginary universe where we chill out and enjoy ourselves, SWGAide must add to the fun.

IMHO SWGAide aligns really well to the rules. If you disagree I usually am open ears and quick to respond to gather even more feedback. Most often I spend a lot of time with how to make possibilities and options as easily accessed and understood as possible. Or how to get across the idea that there is a feature or option right there if you just right click on something. Any idea is welcomed.

SWGAide is Open Source --- Java developers and anybody that want to help are warmly welcomed, just contact me. There are lots to do that is not about coding; translating to other languages would be nice, or gathering different kinds of data. Coding-wise, just about any feature can be added to SWGAide; just make it another panel, either at one of the existing tabs or at a new tab. The project is publicly available at SourceForge.

However, any kind of data which is derived from SWGAide must stay in the SWGAide project, open source does not in any way imply that anything is "free" in the sense it can be recycled in another implementation, neither in a standalone application or web site/service, nor any other service. Thus, improvements or refined data must go back into the SWGAide project.

Sometimes I read expressions that suggests that SWGAide is "my baby". Of course it is, in the sense that I have literally put thousands of hours into something I enjoy. However, I want to stress that I am an open source person inside out and I am a helper by hearth, thus I sincerely embrace whoever that wants to join in on this project; I am willing to share my baby, really I am!

Feature list:
  • Resource browser
  • Schematics browser and planner
  • Off-line game-mail reader
  • Vendor/Auction-mail managing
  • Submission of resource data to SWGCraft via ISDroid reports and manually
  • Resource inventory, monitors/guards, harvester monitoring
  • Text editor for in-game notes files
  • Macros and aliases viewer
  • Screen shot album

Future plans (un-ordered):
  • Factory/Stock support
  • Reverse Engineering support
  • Profession+Expertize calculators
  • Editing capabilities to most viewers
  • Guild and City management support
  • Tweaking and improving existing features
  • All those thingamabobs you ask for :twisted:
Just remember, the sky is the limit but IRL sets some hard boundaries!

DOWNLOAD site

Have fun

/Zimoon

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.75

Post by maninspace » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:29 pm

Hi Zimoon,

I just got my new version 0.7.75 installed...

After set up I only see the tabs for MAIN and TRADE... and when trying to choose the OPTIONS/SWGCraft option, nothing happens... :(

ahh... es often - restart helps :D there everthing is...

but i get the popup massage, that there is a "newer version 0.7.33" ?!
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:33 pm

maninspace wrote:Hi Zimoon,

I just got my new version 0.7.75 installed...

After set up I only see the tabs for MAIN and TRADE... and when trying to choose the OPTIONS/SWGCraft option, nothing happens... :(

ahh... es often - restart helps :D there everthing is...

but i get the popup massage, that there is a "newer version 0.7.33" ?!
Yes, I had to rush to a doctor's appointment and failed to upload the tiny version file. Just came through the door and am on it now :D

Tharek Tolemac
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Tharek Tolemac » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:51 pm

Since I havent read (missed it maybe) about it:

The new SWGAide needs to export and reimport Guards and Filters. How about mails? Do I have to save them first or are they uneffected?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:19 pm

Tharek Tolemac wrote:Since I havent read (missed it maybe) about it:

The new SWGAide needs to export and reimport Guards and Filters. How about mails? Do I have to save them first or are they uneffected?

Mails are unaffected
, thanks for asking.

Indeed, they are unaffected in whatever fashion you upgrade. If you delete the file SWGAide.DAT and put down the new JAR file in the same folder as the old one then SWGAide will pick up every mail it finds in the folder named "mails" plus those that exist in SWG itself. If you scrub the DAT file they are not touched at all.

A note, if you are using the conversion tool it automagically exports all guards, all inventories, and all harvesters for you. But you must manually import them from the folder named "transit". See the link to How-to-Upgrade (or what I named it).

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 5:21 pm

Hmm, found my first bug today how could this has slipped through. I cannot activate harvesters. Let's see, first some food then some debugging.

EDITED: Found it, forgot to change a tiny thing thing when I patched a GUI repaint issue. Will update instantly.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: SWGAide --- version 0.7.76

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 6:31 pm

Version 0.7.76 is already available.
This fixes the problem with activating harvesters.
The "lockfile.txt" is now removed.

maninspace
Intermediate Crafter

Post by maninspace » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:25 pm

I cant acccess "my swgcraft" settings under options... :(
SWG/DE Chronicle Master Correspondent

Europe-Farstar:
Horman Sheridan, Ta-awe Ifofa, Sahoo Arej, Anke Strassburg
Starsider:
Horman Sheridan, Hormon Sheridan

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:04 pm

maninspace wrote:I cant acccess "my swgcraft" settings under options... :(
That is really odd. What is the Java version you are using? Open a Command Terminal (name?) and type

java -version

and type the output here.

/Zimoon

Bulba
Novice Crafter

Post by Bulba » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:04 am

Thanks for the time you put into this Zimoon, its a great help to me.

FYI The download link on your google site is incorrect/malformed.

I had a major problem trying to install the old version, but I'll wait and see if the same problem pops up with this new one.

Bulba
Novice Crafter

Post by Bulba » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:03 am

Unfortunately, the same problem exists for me with version 0.7.76 (I found a working link from one of your other posts).

When I execute the .jar my system freezes, but in a very strange way that I have never seen before. My mouse will move fine, but my keyboard is unresponsive. No alt-tab, no ctrl-alt-del and no numlock. I can move the mouse cursor around but cannot select anything. A hard reboot is the only solution.

As for the causes, here's my thoughts:
I have 2 SWG installs. One is at F:\StarWarsGalaxies, and the other is at G:\swgtrial. The launchpad is associated with the one on the G: drive, thats the install I use atm.

I use a firewall called PC Tools Firewall Plus. It has application/driver blocking as well as packet/NIC filtering. By that I mean I can control exactly what each program is doing regarding creating temp files or installing drivers etc. I get asked if I want to allow a program to do anything "extraordinary".

AFAICT, the firewall does not block the execution of .jars, nor does it block them from inbound or outbound Internet access.

I also use a modified boot.ini to ignore one of my CPU cores (long story), but I don't see how that would be affecting anything.

Apart from all that, it's just a regular WinXP box.

Java version is 1.6.0_13

Thoughts? :)

Bulba
Novice Crafter

Post by Bulba » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:28 am

Ok now I feel dumb :oops: I updated the java version to 1.6.0_17 and it executed ok.

First run saw only two tabs, main and trade. A restart told me a new resourcetree.xml was available and to restart again. 3rd run saw everything normal.

Keep up the good work :)

Bulba
Novice Crafter

Post by Bulba » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:33 am

Your cap value for Perovskitic Aluminum SR seems off. It goes to 1000 but you have 764 showing as an 800+ in green (considering caps).

That is with a current Starsider spawn called Pecohiine.

HTH :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:13 am

Bulba wrote:Thanks for the time you put into this Zimoon, its a great help to me.

FYI The download link on your google site is incorrect/malformed.

I had a major problem trying to install the old version, but I'll wait and see if the same problem pops up with this new one.
Thanks for the heads up, the link is fixed by now, sorry for the mistake I must have made and that I didn't check it out carefully.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:19 am

Bulba wrote:Ok now I feel dumb :oops: I updated the java version to 1.6.0_17 and it executed ok.

First run saw only two tabs, main and trade. A restart told me a new resourcetree.xml was available and to restart again. 3rd run saw everything normal.

Keep up the good work :)
You are the second guy that reports this issue with two tabs on first launch. Is this with no SWGAide.DAT file (fresh install), or a conversion-utility-patched file? I have not seen it myself when I launch the JAR file so I need more info to narrow it down. It could be some threading issue, I am currently moving from the older SwingWorker to the newer Executor library which is much more stable in this regard, but would like to know the details. That you say it reported about an updated resourcetree.xml tells me it is fresh install OR you have not used the old SWGAide in a very long time, right?

/Zimoon