Why am I getting this error with SWGAid

Moderator: Forum Moderator

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Why am I getting this error with SWGAid

Post by passionfly1 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:19 am

I have created a test res.txt file to import into SWGAid and i keep getting this error and I have no idea what im typing wrong to import my resource list from my crap resources container (plus some other resources I found in my backpack) I created to test this import function.

My error jpg's and the way my res.txt file are attached to this post as i am having troubles uploading to webshots atm.

I hope someone can help me identify the error here and how to fix it. Thank you for the great SWG Utility!
error1.jpg
Here is the error
error1.jpg (34.17 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
error2.jpg
more error info
error2.jpg (36.19 KiB) Viewed 3684 times
myresfile.jpg
my res.txt file
myresfile.jpg (251.46 KiB) Viewed 3684 times

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Why am I getting this error with SWGAid

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jul 29, 2009 11:05 am

Because you have not read the help text for the inventory screen 8) :P

You have chosen "Import notes file" while you should select "Import from file". The syntax for notes file is different.

I have put quite some time into the help system in SWGAide, just click F1 when in trouble, or when you wonder about something, and I am sure you will get help.

If wording or similar stuff is problematic, SWGAide is open source so feel free to volunteer your services :mrgreen:

BTW, welcome to this site and congrats to your first post. I am just sorry it happened to be one of those posts that got an RTFM reply hehehehe :lol:

/Zimoon

passionfly1
Apprentice Crafter

Post by passionfly1 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 4:20 am

k, thank you, I will do that, it does seem rather reduntant tho (notes, notes from file, meh) lol

also if a cap is exceeded on a valid resource this is listed in the SWGCraft directory it can not be included in the inventory of resources as my other post states here. Can we have an Override button of some sort? Sigihio resource is a valid resource but the SWGCraft's site resource cap prevents SWGAid from recognizing it >.<

linky:
http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... =17&t=1900

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:16 pm

passionfly1 wrote:k, thank you, I will do that, it does seem rather reduntant tho (notes, notes from file, meh) lol

Not at all, you did not read the manual, did you? :roll:

One option is named "Import file" and the other "Import notes file" and in SWG we have the option to use the in-game notepad to write notes files, while any other file at your computer is a ... file.

The files must have a distinct format due to historical reasons. It is on my roadmap to relax the requirement somewhat, but either way, any computer program usually requires some structured input.

The notes file, on the other hand, is a cool mediator between game and SWGAide, you can sit in-game and quickly type down amount and name of your inventory. If the resource names are known at SWGCraft then SWGAide will pick up the stats for you, a lot less typing. Again, it is on my roadmap to expand this so you can also UPDATE your inventory without leaving game, but using a notes file. These are great mediators between in-game and SWGAide ;)

also if a cap is exceeded on a valid resource this is listed in the SWGCraft directory it can not be included in the inventory of resources as my other post states here. Can we have an Override button of some sort? Sigihio resource is a valid resource but the SWGCraft's site resource cap prevents SWGAid from recognizing it >.<

linky:
http://www.swgcraft.org/forums/viewtopi ... =17&t=1900

User error, as read in the other link ;)
I appreciate your kind "thanks" but empathize with you that you run into one user error after the other. Whatever, let them keep coming, all reports and struggles are considered regarding how I can polish the usability of SWGAide, so in a way I am thankful.

/Zimoon

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jul 30, 2009 12:17 pm

To all SWGAide users:

In hindsight, is "Import notes" better than "Import notes file"? Is that wording clearer? Or not?

/Zimoon