Discount in vendors?

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

mogilny
Novice Crafter

Discount in vendors?

Post by mogilny » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:32 am

I accidentelly posted the following under the wrong headline (sorry about that)
Here we go again:

I dont know if this is an old idea or not but i sure miss this in the game - what thing u say? Well, i play 2 characters on one server (as many do). One is Jedi 90 and one is Trader 90 (a basic setup for many). Things that my Jedi loot i sell at my Traders vendors (mostly). My trader also makes a lot of stuff. Mostly for guildmembers and here´s the thing - wouldnt it be swell to be able to set one price for the "general" market BUT another price for guildmembers (or named players)? For exemple, Elite Camp (2 modules) - Price in vendor, 5K - for guildmembers 80% discount (or whatever). I would like to set the price either on each item or set a discount for named player or guildmembers for the whole vendor. This way i would feel i helped out all my guildmembers a lot more...

What do u think? A nice idea?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Discount in vendors?

Post by Zimoon » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:41 am

Moved this thread to its proper place. "Future ideas" is about "future ideas" for this site, not future ideas for SWG. No harm done though :)
mogilny wrote:I dont know if this is an old idea or not but i sure miss this in the game - what thing u say? Well, i play 2 characters on one server (as many do). One is Jedi 90 and one is Trader 90 (a basic setup for many). Things that my Jedi loot i sell at my Traders vendors (mostly). My trader also makes a lot of stuff. Mostly for guildmembers and here´s the thing - wouldnt it be swell to be able to set one price for the "general" market BUT another price for guildmembers (or named players)? For exemple, Elite Camp (2 modules) - Price in vendor, 5K - for guildmembers 80% discount (or whatever). I would like to set the price either on each item or set a discount for named player or guildmembers for the whole vendor. This way i would feel i helped out all my guildmembers a lot more...

What do u think? A nice idea?
Yes, it is. It has also been proposed several times in the past. That said, it is still a good idea.

What some traders do is to refund the players every now and then. To avoid the 5% surcharge for bank tip I used to take notes and refund players when I met them.

Another common way is to have a guild drop off house, but then it is drop or grab without credits involved. This works fine given the guild is medium sized and everybody is honest. Credits is most often the least problems so 80% soon slips into 100% and you will get more loot parts etc. than you really need :)

IMHO the only things I am kind of restrictive with is rare and/or expensive items, but then it is almost never a problem to meet for a trade or arrange in anu other way involving refunds or tipping credits.

So, yeah, it is a great idea but there are workarounds.

Other great ideas that I have seen over time, and close to this topic, are vendors just open for certain factions, or rebates for certain factions, etc. I believe none of them to ever come true since the job to implement them does not justify the possible outcome. Role play is simply not that an incentive no more.

Finally, welcome around, great to see newcomers to this site :D

Look around and check out the stickied threads and FAQs and if there is anything you miss, just yell at us. Or write it yourself :P

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:46 am

Another workaround: The guildie can buy the item he desire - and offer cheap stuff (like 1 units meat) for the discount value. The trader just have to accept that offer and the guildie have the money back without bank charge :)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:02 pm

Belisama wrote:Another workaround: The guildie can buy the item he desire - and offer cheap stuff (like 1 units meat) for the discount value. The trader just have to accept that offer and the guildie have the money back without bank charge :)
For a while I made discount cubes (renamed chance cubes) which I used to pop into the clothing order bags. So if someone ordered 25k of clothing and I was giving them a 5k discount I'd pop a cube named "Player X's 5k discount cube" which they could then offer to the vendor. I buy and they get their 5k.

I was known for making a lot of BE clothing so order bags often got brought by people they were not intended for. This way I got the full price for the clothing and the buyer couldn't use the chance cube because it had the intended player's name on it :)
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Cerceuil
Forum Moderator

Post by Cerceuil » Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:53 pm

kelsaka wrote:
Belisama wrote:Another workaround: The guildie can buy the item he desire - and offer cheap stuff (like 1 units meat) for the discount value. The trader just have to accept that offer and the guildie have the money back without bank charge :)
For a while I made discount cubes (renamed chance cubes) which I used to pop into the clothing order bags. So if someone ordered 25k of clothing and I was giving them a 5k discount I'd pop a cube named "Player X's 5k discount cube" which they could then offer to the vendor. I buy and they get their 5k.

I was known for making a lot of BE clothing so order bags often got brought by people they were not intended for. This way I got the full price for the clothing and the buyer couldn't use the chance cube because it had the intended player's name on it :)
that is one the best ideas I have read in a long time. Ill have to adopt that practice when i get back in game in a couple of days!!