Returned to SWG - few questions

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Vyor
Novice Crafter

Returned to SWG - few questions

Post by Vyor » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:39 am

Hello all!

I started the 14 day trial yesterday after not playing SWG for 2 years! I started way back in 2003 when the game first launched and was a master weaponsmith and armorsmith. However, upon my return I was asked to choose a profession, so I went for trader - munitions and it reset my level to 1! This seems a little harsh to say I was master when I left! Is this meant to happen?

Also, I can't seem to post on the official forums. Is this because I don't have a paid account at the moment? I have a lot of questions so it's quite frustrating not being able to ask them on there!

I hope someone can help, thanks.

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Re: Returned to SWG - few questions

Post by kelsaka » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:48 am

I'm guessing you mean a veteran trial rather than the new player one?

Send a ticket in to customer support ('H' key when ingame, then follow instructions) and explain the situation, they should be able to fix your level and give you back your Masteries. While you are on the trial you will only be able to post on the Tansarii Station (New Player Forum) board, once you give SoE some money you'll get posting access to the other boards.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:28 am

... and stress the fact that this is the first time you log in after NGE and that you were Master Munition at the time you took a break.

Some GMs (CSRs) are not fully skilled to handle these things so be prepared to ask them to escalate the issue. There were more than one change in the skill system after NGE so pre-NGE characters get into trouble.

Do not do anything skill/respec-wise until you have got help!

You will get your skill reset to 80 I think and you'll have to grind the last 10 points.

/Zimoon

Vyor
Novice Crafter

Post by Vyor » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:30 am

Thanks for your responses guys. I raised a ticket and got a response in 30 mins. My level has been set to 90 munitions trader so i'm very happy with that! :D

I gave away all my money and resources before I left though so I am kind of stuck as to how to make some cash. Any good tips?

My character is on Shadowfire, and there seems to be barely anyone there. I realise it is a US server but that was never really a problem for me when I used to play pre-CU. I made a new character on EU-Chimaera and there seems to be loads of people on which is cool. Not sure if i'm willing to stump up the $50 to move though...

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:56 am

To be honest and not jut another SWG fanatic, some galaxies suffer from a low population. I don't know about Shadowfire but I guess you could have a look at the official galaxy forums and see the traffic there. In the Tansarii forum there was a thread about a week ago and guys posted links to GCW rankings, etc., which kind of gives a hint on which galaxies have a lower population.

Low population has caused quite a few players to do a paid for character transfer to more populated galaxies, which of course makes the situation on the low-pop galaxies the worse.

Give it a few days and see what you think.

Credit-wise, I don't really have any advice. Start a second toon as either Combateer or Entertainer. The latter can go combat too if you want to. Crafting armor, doing reverse engineering would do I guess. Harvest resources and sell the bulk qualities. Radioactive.

Good luck

/Zimoon

Vyor
Novice Crafter

Post by Vyor » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:35 am

Cool, thanks for your reply.

I may just play a new character on EU-Chimaera. I heard that I could grind to Master Structures in about 3 hours once I have all the resources ready, and then I can just change to Munitions, is that correct?

Also, if I changed my Master Munitions to a combat class - say BH, will I still be a level 90 Master Munitions when I changed back?

Sorry all the questions!

Ibaum
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Ibaum » Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:09 pm

Grinding structures actually takes around 6 hours (not quite, but almost) if you have the resources, which costs money or they need to be given to you. Then you can respec to whichever type of trader you like and still be level 90. You won't learn the trade that way, but it will get you there fast. You'll know some because you're returning, but with all the changes you might not want to grind the whole way.

As for respecs, you get one free and then they get increasingly expensive. So if you respec from trader to BH you'll start anywhere from level 1 to level 5 depending on how much combat you've actually been in, and that change would be free. Coming back to any type of trader you would return as level 90, but it would cost... I forget how much. Then, if you wanted to respec to entertainer that would cost more and you would start at level 1. THen you could respec back to trader 90 for still more money. I've heard it can get really expensive. I just start new toons on different servers to try out the professions.
/Ibaum

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:35 pm

Ibaum wrote:I've heard it can get really expensive.
I've still got 1-2 uses left on my respec device so I've no personal knowledge of how expensive it gets but I did find this little guide on the official boards:

01 = 0
02 = 100,000
03 = 150,000
04 = 250,000
05 = 500,000
06 = 1,000,000
07 = 6,000,000
08 = 7,000,000
09 = 8,000,000
10 = 9,000,000
11 = 10,000,000
12+ = 25,000,000 :shock:

I guess they found their money sink. (So nearly typed 'monkey' in there)
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:56 pm

One of the veteran rewards is 50% respec voucher, I just don't remember how many logged months one need. Think it is about 2½ years.

/Zimoon

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:28 pm

Zimoon wrote:One of the veteran rewards is 50% respec voucher, I just don't remember how many logged months one need. Think it is about 2½ years.
True, its one of the 39 month rewards, paired with the extra inventory deed.

I do still have the profession restart thingie too, that used to be the anti-decay kit if I remember correctly. Although why I would want to use it is beyond me :D
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:06 pm

kelsaka wrote:
Zimoon wrote:One of the veteran rewards is 50% respec voucher, I just don't remember how many logged months one need. Think it is about 2½ years.
True, its one of the 39 month rewards, paired with the extra inventory deed.

I do still have the profession restart thingie too, that used to be the anti-decay kit if I remember correctly. Although why I would want to use it is beyond me :D
So, respecing down to CL 1 without resetting the quests, is that not a but of a tickling feeling don't you think? ;) :P

/Z

bosse
Novice Crafter

Post by bosse » Mon May 12, 2008 10:17 am

My oldest son is on the Shadowfire server and also a young weaponsmith/armorsmith (respected from fighter).
If your online see if either Amara-Bora (crafter) or Wyntara (officer) is on as well. He would be happy to see if he can help out any. Also, its seems as if he is in one of the few active guilds on the server. Regardless, give him a yell next time your on.

Bosse
Ahazi - Master Architect and Shipwright
Proud Member of the Black Suns Militia