Has anyone figured out what loots storage tech page 6?

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Lektopa
Novice Crafter

Has anyone figured out what loots storage tech page 6?

Post by Lektopa » Fri Jan 25, 2008 4:04 am

I've checked the codex and I've spent weeks killing wookies on the ryatt trail per the codex.

I've spent days killing kungas

I've spent hours looking for ancient grauls..

Any tips?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Has anyone figured out what loots storage tech page 6?

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:33 am

Lektopa wrote:I've checked the codex and I've spent weeks killing wookies on the ryatt trail per the codex.

I've spent days killing kungas

I've spent hours looking for ancient grauls..

Any tips?
I don't know whether this one is considered rare, a quick look comparing prices at the Vendor Search would reveal that, but some items are simply really hard to get. I am struggling with some of the harder Jedi items and they don't exactly drop every week for me ;)

It can be worthwhile SEARCH-ing the official forum as well, the Guides / Hints / Tips board, to see if there are other drop locations mentioned.

IMHO Codex, and Junk Yard too, has an awkward interface for submitting items, thence I doubt that so many people actually update it as we wish for, Exactly why I am so hard with Slybuno that the UI at this site must be top notch to invite for more and more submissions and returning submitters.

/Z

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:45 am

I got my storage tech pieces from force sensitives in North-East Dantooine (not far from the ruined jedi temple), Frenzied Grauls (there is quite a good number of them round the Janta PoI), Janta (random spawns and at the PoI), as well as the Feral Wookiees on the Ryyat Trail.

I can't say for sure which gave me #6 as I've not looted one since logging my chat, but if I happen to get one in the next few days I'll come back to this thread and let you know :)
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:44 pm

Yes, that piece is very rare. As far as I can figure with any of them, is that if a type of creature drops one, than they will probably drop all of them eventually.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:51 pm

thegreywolfe wrote:Yes, that piece is very rare. As far as I can figure with any of them, is that if a type of creature drops one, than they will probably drop all of them eventually.
Yes, it is possible, but the higher the level, or Elite, the higher the probability IMHO, for the hard collections. For low-level MOBs I fully agree, then it is just fortune.

No, I don't have any valid statistics for my thought, just my gut feeling having been on the hunt for some artifacts for a while now.

/Zimoon

thegreywolfe
Advanced Crafter

Post by thegreywolfe » Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:59 pm

Zimoon wrote:
thegreywolfe wrote:Yes, that piece is very rare. As far as I can figure with any of them, is that if a type of creature drops one, than they will probably drop all of them eventually.
Yes, it is possible, but the higher the level, or Elite, the higher the probability IMHO, for the hard collections. For low-level MOBs I fully agree, then it is just fortune.

No, I don't have any valid statistics for my thought, just my gut feeling having been on the hunt for some artifacts for a while now.

/Zimoon
Actually, I agree with you there. I prefer to loot off of the higher level elites when available. It makes sense that you would be more likely to get them there.

Lektopa
Novice Crafter

Post by Lektopa » Sat Jan 26, 2008 12:37 am

Thanks guys, at least I know I'm on the right track. The official forum search only leads to people selling them for astronomical prices. That's fine and dandy, but I'm trying to do it naturally.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:25 am

Lektopa wrote:Thanks guys, at least I know I'm on the right track. The official forum search only leads to people selling them for astronomical prices. That's fine and dandy, but I'm trying to do it naturally.
As do I. Yes, high prices is a good indicator of its rarity. Not necessarily fair prices but ... ;)

/Zimoon

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Sat Jan 26, 2008 10:31 am

Lektopa wrote:Thanks guys, at least I know I'm on the right track. The official forum search only leads to people selling them for astronomical prices. That's fine and dandy, but I'm trying to do it naturally.
Same here :) I much prefer going out and getting my own, ok so it takes longer but I get a much bigger sense of achievement once the collection is complete.
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity