Intergalatic Rate of Exchange

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Rackle
Apprentice Crafter

Intergalatic Rate of Exchange

Post by Rackle » Sat Jan 12, 2008 1:52 pm

(I think this is my first idea that doesn't create more work for sobuno :D )

I hope no one takes this too seriously, I thought it may be a fun project. I'm hardly an economist, but what about determining the value of a credit, and the rate of exchange between all the various galaxies (or the ones we're in at least).

I've seen some interesting comparisons between Naritus and Bria. The cost of a powerbit has dropped to about 2 million on both servers, the cost of rare paintings is about the same on both, but the cost of a Droid on Bria is much higher than on Naritus. I think competition on Naritus drove the price further and further down, whereas the DE's on Bria managed to keep that price a little higher. I thought, more DE's on Bria would mean more competition, and lower prices, but maybe more demand for the products has kept the price high?

What would we take into consideration to determine this?

Here's a few items I thought would be worth comparing, as part of the equation.

The price of a swoop outside of the bazaar
The price of BL & PLC
The price of Battle Droid
The price of a Large Tat house
The price of the first year space ship paintings
The price of a YT-1300
The cpu of inorganic and organic resources
The cpu of RE junk look

Any other ideas on what other factors we should include?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Intergalatic Rate of Exchange

Post by Zimoon » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:18 pm

Not an expert but I'd suggest a full suit of some popular armor, and a 25 crate of some popular food/drink.

Why didn't SOE add the MacDonald's BigMac which is an international monetary meter at the planet Earth in the galaxy Milky Way? Should have saved you this troublesome work :P

/Z

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Sat Jan 12, 2008 4:20 pm

Zimoon wrote:Not an expert but I'd suggest a full suit of some popular armor, and a 25 crate of some popular food/drink.
Make that a 25 crate of some enhanced popular food/drink and then it should work maybe :)
Your domestic trader at Starsider TOG Mall: Tat WP -5101 -3308
You have resource for sale ? Check the TOG Holonet Channel for my offer
In Memoriam for all BE

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Post by quantanao » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:39 am

I think we had this in another thread already but the prices for Fizz Pudding seem to be very different on the servers (400k on the one and 1-2mil on the other)

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Mon Jan 14, 2008 5:39 pm

quantanao wrote:I think we had this in another thread already but the prices for Fizz Pudding seem to be very different on the servers (400k on the one and 1-2mil on the other)
Fizz Pudding use milk = a rare resource. It should be only food that use more common stuff for example Bespin Port.
In Memoriam for all BE

CasualCrafter
Novice Crafter

Post by CasualCrafter » Mon Jan 14, 2008 6:47 pm

Belisama wrote:
quantanao wrote:I think we had this in another thread already but the prices for Fizz Pudding seem to be very different on the servers (400k on the one and 1-2mil on the other)
Fizz Pudding use milk = a rare resource. It should be only food that use more common stuff for example Bespin Port.
I'd have to agree with Belisama - milk has gotten harder and harder to come by in my experience. I have gone out and tried to get it for myself a few times and can never gather enough to do a large run. I have even attempted at ridiculously high purchase rates of 100+ cpu at times as an incentive.

I almost wish there was a substitute...

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:20 pm

CasualCrafter wrote:
Belisama wrote:
I'd have to agree with Belisama - milk has gotten harder and harder to come by in my experience. I have gone out and tried to get it for myself a few times and can never gather enough to do a large run. I have even attempted at ridiculously high purchase rates of 100+ cpu at times as an incentive.

I almost wish there was a substitute...
There are two resource classes that I feel the Senators could bring up with the Devs, these are Milk and Fish Meat.

Milk is used in a few but sought after products and is a pain to get, even the most nerdy geek must admit milking ain't fun.

Fish meat is now in production again, in pet food, but is as hard as milk to get and getting it isn't fun either. Not even the collection fishers pay much attention to fish meat.

In both cases, why not add a 0 or two to the yield?? Make it so it is possible to get an equal amount of Milk and Fish meat as any other resource possible to harvest in the same amount of time, obstacles and losses included. With the last sentence I mean, lost fishes and aborted milking when they get out of reach in spite of we are standing inside them.

By the way, what part of the creature should we stand close to? I blindly thought it should be under the back of the belly, but this is SWG so who knows? :P

/Zimoon

kelsaka
Intermediate Crafter

Post by kelsaka » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:39 pm

Zimoon wrote: By the way, what part of the creature should we stand close to? I blindly thought it should be under the back of the belly, but this is SWG so who knows? :P
Between the front legs works for me 8) I also go for mission spawns whenever I can because they don't wander off whilst being milked :mrgreen:
~ Kelsaka Rymi ~
SWG Cover Girl September 2008
TRF ~ Naboo ~ Infinity

TradeMaster
Intermediate Crafter

Post by TradeMaster » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:36 am

You don't need fish meat for pet food, any kind of meat will do. I'm using wild meat without any issues. Is there any schematic that requires fish meat?

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Post by quantanao » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:46 am

TradeMaster wrote:You don't need fish meat for pet food, any kind of meat will do. I'm using wild meat without any issues. Is there any schematic that requires fish meat?
Your pet likes a certain kind of food which makes it more happier than the others. So if your unlucky and your pet chooses to like the fishy ones you can either organize fish meat or dump your pet and get a new one :)

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:26 am

quantanao wrote:
TradeMaster wrote:You don't need fish meat for pet food, any kind of meat will do. I'm using wild meat without any issues. Is there any schematic that requires fish meat?
Your pet likes a certain kind of food which makes it more happier than the others. So if your unlucky and your pet chooses to like the fishy ones you can either organize fish meat or dump your pet and get a new one :)
Yuppers :D

/Zimoon

Belisama
Intermediate Crafter

Post by Belisama » Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:33 pm

Hoi,
quantanao wrote:Your pet likes a certain kind of food which makes it more happier than the others. So if your unlucky and your pet chooses to like the fishy ones you can either organize fish meat or dump your pet and get a new one :)
I think you are talking about Fatty Fish, cooked fish, coarse Fish and blubbery fish substitue...
None of them requires fish to make them. I always have them in stock and i definitly use generic meat and other organics...

AFAIK only schematic that need fish meat is the throphy fish schematic. (At least: if i remember well it needs feish).

Best
beli
In Memoriam for all BE

Holden
Apprentice Crafter

Post by Holden » Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:52 pm

Belisama wrote:
Actually, I'd argue that that's precisely the sort of pricing comparison that's wanted here. Perhaps include both, one with common ingredients and one with rare?

quantanao
Novice Crafter

Post by quantanao » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:45 pm

Zimoon wrote: Fish meat is now in production again, in pet food, but is as hard as milk to get and getting it isn't fun either. Not even the collection fishers pay much attention to fish meat.
/Zimoon
Shame on me :( I have to admit that i assumed that fish meat is needed for these 4 types of pet food and ofc because Zim posted it hehe :P

Ok then how much is teh fish? :roll:

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Jan 16, 2008 6:47 pm

Belisama wrote:Hoi,
quantanao wrote:Your pet likes a certain kind of food which makes it more happier than the others. So if your unlucky and your pet chooses to like the fishy ones you can either organize fish meat or dump your pet and get a new one :)
I think you are talking about Fatty Fish, cooked fish, coarse Fish and blubbery fish substitue...
None of them requires fish to make them. I always have them in stock and i definitly use generic meat and other organics...

AFAIK only schematic that need fish meat is the throphy fish schematic. (At least: if i remember well it needs feish).

Best
beli
Oooooh :shock: :oops:

I should have checked before typing. I stand corrected.

/Zimoon