Life after Legacy Quests

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

awek
Novice Crafter

Life after Legacy Quests

Post by awek » Sun Sep 02, 2007 6:17 am

So I hear the legacy quests will get me to about 45....

Are there enough quest lines to get me further?

Awek

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:43 am

Yes, and no, you should start visiting Kashyyyk. In fact, a few Kashyyykian quests are low level, even less than 45, but the lot is higher. Mustafar starts at about level 60 and upwards. At level 80 you can visit the girl outside Theed cantina.

As you realize you might have to hop around a bit between the different planets and places if you want to be at the level when the quests are still a challenge. That's why I wrote "No", there is no one line, but several shorter lines.

Many of the older dungeons are high stuff, too many to enumerate here, rather have a look at the planetary map for POI and search them out. Many also give a badge if you are a badge hunter.

Remember that some quests and dungeons are too hard even for seasoned veterans equipped, armored and buffed to their teeth. You need to whip up a group, probably including a good Medic.

Then you have space.

Kashyyyk, Mustafar and space all need expansions, but if you bought the COA you got it all, and a cool AT-RT :)

Have fun

/Z

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:19 pm

I hated, hated the "Legacy" quests when I made a new combat alt after the NGE. I could not wait to get to the point where I could do the Kashyyyk and Mustafar quests. If you are new to the game, and still want to play it after experiencing the "Legacy" quests, my hat is off to you. As a veteren player, I knew the rest of the game was not as tedius and boreing as the "Legacy" quests, but as a newcomer, what assurances would you have that the game will get any better?

awek
Novice Crafter

Post by awek » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:29 am

So....do I ever get to do anything with this sparking R2 unit?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:53 pm

awek wrote:So....do I ever get to do anything with this sparking R2 unit?
Heating up your cold and humid houses :)

/Z

awek
Novice Crafter

Post by awek » Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:36 pm

I've concluded Life After Legacy Quests....sucks.

I went to Kash...all the quests I see there seem to be like level 25 and give crap for XP...am I missing something?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:33 pm

I must admit I am no expert on Kashyyyk --- yet. But there are instances higher than 25, and a few higher than 75. But, yeah, it is confusing having some stuff at CL 25 only to have 50 and 75 around the corner.
/Z

Savacc
Architect & Shipwright Forum Moderator

Post by Savacc » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:21 am

Kashyyyk is a totally different setup then the Legacy. The lagacy Quests are totally linear, lead you by the nose, go here, kill this, return to sender. Kashyyyk is more of a "sandbox". Go where ever you want, take a quest or ignore it. Kash was not designed to be an extention of the Legacy quests. Kash was around long before the NGE and Leagacy quests. In fact the oposite is true, the Legacy quests were designed to get players to a level where they could go to Kashyyyk.

Here is a guide that I have used on Kash. It is pre NGE, so there are some references to player classes that no longer exist, but the quests themselves are the same.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/post ... _id=289890

Basically what you do is go to one of the "areas" and do all the quests there, then move on to another region.

awek
Novice Crafter

Post by awek » Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:41 pm

I did find a few quests that will yield xp....I'm on the one that gets you access to Etyyy. Got my hat handed to me in space with that insane space mission. I survived like the first nine waves but they started stacking and I got overrun eventually. I'm going to level in space till I get cert'd for level 6 and 7 gear and try it again...if I can't find a wingman that is.

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:32 pm

I actually managed that quest, in spite of me being a real n00b in space. But the trick is to have friends gunning your way. Hopefully you have some friends in game that can cover your a$$ in space :D

/Z

wrackspurt
Advanced Crafter

Re: Life after Legacy Quests

Post by wrackspurt » Wed Oct 08, 2008 11:54 pm

It seems that unless you do a lot of killing along the way, when doing the Legacy quests you quickly fall behind for example being 14th lvl and doing 18th lvl quests. I keep trying to figure out how to catch up, but the mission terminals don't give any experience and neither do the Smuggler missions. So what is it that they actually expect from you? Because as 14th lvl smuggler, I killed an 18th lvl Tusken Raider and got 141 xp for that. If I were to kill 20 of them I'd still only have around 3000xp for my trouble, and with a smuggler that's quite a fight. How are you supposed to do this unless you have a commando? Or is that the answer. Respec to commando, and then back to smuggler later?

I do realize this is probably meant for groups in places, but what about for the solitary gamer?

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:25 am

wrackspurt wrote:It seems that unless you do a lot of killing along the way, when doing the Legacy quests you quickly fall behind for example being 14th lvl and doing 18th lvl quests. I keep trying to figure out how to catch up, but the mission terminals don't give any experience and neither do the Smuggler missions. So what is it that they actually expect from you? Because as 14th lvl smuggler, I killed an 18th lvl Tusken Raider and got 141 xp for that. If I were to kill 20 of them I'd still only have around 3000xp for my trouble, and with a smuggler that's quite a fight. How are you supposed to do this unless you have a commando? Or is that the answer. Respec to commando, and then back to smuggler later?

I do realize this is probably meant for groups in places, but what about for the solitary gamer?
You should be able to take 10 high-level-XP destroy missions a day, at the orange colored Mission Terminals. Back in the days it was the opposite, people quickly were ahead of themselves and got bored facing MOBs lower than themselves, no challenge in that.

Half a year ago I started on some new combateers and I run between the missions taking down anything in my way, plenty of loot and credits and kept a par with the levels. It takes more time, yes, but on the other hand, why being in a rush? A game is a time-killer anyway ;) :P

/Zimoon

busymalla
Novice Crafter

Post by busymalla » Sun Oct 12, 2008 1:10 am

After you finish the Legacy Quests, start doing the Meatlump quests out of Coriella-they seem to give good xp and are around level 50.

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:08 pm

wrackspurt wrote:It seems that unless you do a lot of killing along the way, when doing the Legacy quests you quickly fall behind for example being 14th lvl and doing 18th lvl quests. I keep trying to figure out how to catch up, but the mission terminals don't give any experience and neither do the Smuggler missions. So what is it that they actually expect from you? Because as 14th lvl smuggler, I killed an 18th lvl Tusken Raider and got 141 xp for that. If I were to kill 20 of them I'd still only have around 3000xp for my trouble, and with a smuggler that's quite a fight. How are you supposed to do this unless you have a commando? Or is that the answer. Respec to commando, and then back to smuggler later?

I'm doing the Legacy quests with my brother, and we frequently talk about how difficult it must be for a solo-player. Normally, I'd be solo as I am in most games. I'm still getting 166-171 XP per kill and we usually are the same level as the mission or slightly behind on a few, and a couple of missions gains me a level. I'm happy with it. I have several other chars that I alternate with, so I don't get bored with any one of them. But I can see I'd never have lasted, OR would have to take forever to get through the legacy quests if I played alone. Some can do it I guess. But with the two of us, it takes awhile on some of those.

Dea
Novice Crafter

Post by Dea » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:14 pm

Zimoon wrote:

You should be able to take 10 high-level-XP destroy missions a day, at the orange colored Mission Terminals. Back in the days it was the opposite, people quickly were ahead of themselves and got bored facing MOBs lower than themselves, no challenge in that.

Half a year ago I started on some new combateers and I run between the missions taking down anything in my way, plenty of loot and credits and kept a par with the levels. It takes more time, yes, but on the other hand, why being in a rush? A game is a time-killer anyway ;) :P

/Zimoon
LOL That's my take on gaming......why rush it. The fun is getting there. I have to change between my trader and jedi, and one I respec'd to smuggler, just to switch it up. One toon I'm learning piloting for the first time, another one I have planned to do Beast Mastery. There is alot of content to explore. I don't want to rush it. That's the main reason I tend to level slow. :)