Just a couple of game improvement ideas...

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Iaca
Novice Crafter

Just a couple of game improvement ideas...

Post by Iaca » Sat May 28, 2011 5:36 pm

Hello everyone. Been a while since I posted anything, due to the fact that I just returned to the game after being gone for a couple years.

So, there are two things that come to mind. Of course, these are things that I would've thought the devs would address these issues during my absence.

First: A tool that would most likely be crafted by structure traders. This item would probably be called something like a "leveling tool"...not for experience levels, of course, but a tool that could be used to level off uneven ground (hills, mountains, ect) so that a med/heavy/elite harvester could be placed. If one takes into account the areas we aren't allowed to drop harvesters--POI's, Cities, Player Cities, and areas of uneven terrain, then you'll notice that there really aren't as many spots to drop harvesters as there COULD be. That's just an idea...

Second: I seriously thought this would be addressed while I was gone, but apparently not. I find that I like to mine space resources. This definitely forces me to fly all over the place. Each system has several hyper points to jump into..this is nice. What would be nicer? If the jump point CLOSEST to the nearest planetary space station would be highlighted in another color...red for instance. That way, I KNOW which jump point brings me to the nearest space station, and I don't have to pick one, and end up 15k away, with a 5m flight ahead of me. Also, just an idea.

You guys have done an excellent job keeping things going here, especially given recent events. Kudos :)
Master Architect

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Just a couple of game improvement ideas...

Post by Zimoon » Sun May 29, 2011 5:32 pm

Iaca wrote:Hello everyone. Been a while since I posted anything, due to the fact that I just returned to the game after being gone for a couple years.
Welcome back :)

First: ... a "leveling tool"... ... used to level off uneven ground (hills, mountains, ect) ...
A great idea, recurring though and still no response from devs. I guess they struggle between the benefits players would have and the "natural limits" this is against the I-win-button.

Second:...
Pass, I usually get lost in space so have less experience. Idea sounds good though. You know of the option at the game-menu that takes you to SP where you launched into space that was added a few years ago?

You guys have done an excellent job keeping things going here, especially given recent events. Kudos :)
I agree, the devs have done a great job, both the visible and the invisible 8)
Cheers
Zimoon

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:00 am

Iaca, take a close look at the travel information at the bottom of your hyper space window ...the information you are wanting is listed there :)

As for the terrain leveling tool, as mayor of Axiom city on Dantooine ...I am all for a tool that would allow me to alter the terrain somewhat. My only fear is that such a tool would be abused and we would see flat lifeless terrain as a leftover from ill fated cities.

On the other hand such a tool would be handy for placing that stubborn elite harvester ...as long as the terrain would revert when the harvester was pulled. Maybe limited to just one level of terrain height.
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zimoon » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:19 pm

There is no need to flatten the land really, just examine a harvie and watch that huge "basement". What would be harmful if part of it tuned visible? And if the other end of the harvester sunk under some grass/mud?

This has been suggested over and over again and most traders gravitate towards a consumable item crafted by DE. Think an electronic device that makes the harvester "smarter" when it comes to circumvent landscape hurdles. DE or Archie but people agree that DE needs the business better.

This is not the same idea that is suggested for houses, to give players the ability to visibly level up/down a house. The harvie thing would just boost (buff) the harvester so it can be put down at somewhat rougher terrain --- really tough terrain would still block the harvester.

Hopefully we get them both ... but when? :lol:

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Post by HydroTek » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:25 am

I like the idea of a kit or tool that "buffs" the harvester ..let's take it one step more. Make the terrain kit, similar to the pylon kits for city invasions, where the kits are hand made and there is a timer on the kit in your inventory. This will keep players from hoarding kits and provide a path for DE to be a more useful crafter profession. I see also a quality/power stat to affect the level of terrain change in the kits.

thoughts?
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game