Are you one of the 900?

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

HydroTek
Intermediate Crafter

Are you one of the 900?

Post by HydroTek » Mon May 09, 2011 3:37 pm

Since I have some time on my hands now, I have been reading forums in several places about the security breech. I see a lot of angst from people concerned with their credit details being used by others, and still others demanding SOE give them "stuff". Looks like the number of accounts that are involved from SOE are small, compared to the extent of the actual account information that was taken.
UPDATE 5/3:In a statement to GamesIndustry.biz, SOE clarified that while many of the credit card numbers in the compromised 2007 database were expired, around 900 of them were still active, jeopardizing that information for those international members. Still, no security codes for the cards were taken in the intrusion.
Type Epsilon data breech into Google, ...I think you will see that what has happened to SOE is a very small concern, compared to the total number of accounts that were compromised. I am glad SOE is taking time to research their part in this security breech, but I am more concerned in others that have not yet made it known what details of my information has been compromised.

Have you ever purchased anything online with a CC? Business store your payment histories, they are required to keep it for their own personal finance records for years. Everything you ever purchased online sits on a server somewhere forever.
[edit] spelling
If it's stuck :x ...force it ...if it breaks, :shock: you needed a new one anyway :)
Characters(Legends): HydroTek, Ditty, and Talo ..give a shout if you see me in game

Vedauwoo
Novice Crafter

Re: Are you one of the 900?

Post by Vedauwoo » Wed May 25, 2011 6:40 pm

I am.....My card got hit for over $1500 in charges from Athens, Greece on the 15th of April.....meaning they were broken into earlier than they specify.....

Zimoon
Forum Moderator

Re: Are you one of the 900?

Post by Zimoon » Wed May 25, 2011 9:54 pm

Vedauwoo wrote:I am.....My card got hit for over $1500 in charges from Athens, Greece on the 15th of April.....meaning they were broken into earlier than they specify.....
Or your CC details came from a completely different sorce. Read Hydro's post once again; SOE was breached, yes, but were they alone? You seem stuck at that thought while others are not so certain. Of corse you might be correct, but how can you be so sure?