SWG times out, forums down.

Got something to say that does not fit into any of the other forums? or just general chit chat, Post in here.

Moderator: Forum Moderator

Belios_Goveko
Novice Crafter

Re: SWG times out, forums down.

Post by Belios_Goveko » Thu May 05, 2011 2:36 pm

Diggity wrote: now it is "Your login attempt has failed: Server Timeout." Im taking that as a sign they are at least some of the login connections and protocols are being tentatively brought back up.[/url]
Nope, it's no different to the "invalid login type" message, i've been trying every now and then between the day they shut down and now and i've been getting both messages randomly.

Vedauwoo
Novice Crafter

Post by Vedauwoo » Thu May 05, 2011 3:19 pm

The last supposed "insider report" i found mentioned Japanese servers going up friday with US and EU following the next day...but it's still unclear if that is PSN or SOE or both.....and it is of course, unverified by sony ATM....

Azural
Novice Crafter

Post by Azural » Thu May 05, 2011 4:28 pm

I’ve been circling my computer like a vulture...

From everything I've been reading online it doesn't look like we will be playing SWG anytime soon. :(
Azural Industries :AI: Mos Carova, Tatooine. Starsider

Belios_Goveko
Novice Crafter

Post by Belios_Goveko » Fri May 06, 2011 6:49 am

Well the main SWG site is now showing...

Service Temporarily Unavailable
The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

Instead of the security notice.

Hopefully that means they are working on something at the moment.

NightCrawler
I've been here for 30 days and all I get is this lousy rank?!?!

Post by NightCrawler » Fri May 06, 2011 9:24 am

Belios_Goveko wrote:Well the main SWG site is now showing...

The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later.

I belive that means theres alot of traffic(people) goign to the site, and it cannot send out info fast enough. OR. theres been so much traffic(people) going there and there bandwidth usage has gone over its monthly use. OR. MAYBE they could be fixing the site, but i dont see why, unless like someone said above, Looking for the malware/virus/what ever you wanna call it, is on the website server. So there clearing that server now maybe?

Sobuno
Developer

Post by Sobuno » Fri May 06, 2011 9:48 am

NightCrawler wrote:

I belive that means theres alot of traffic(people) goign to the site, and it cannot send out info fast enough. OR. theres been so much traffic(people) going there and there bandwidth usage has gone over its monthly use. OR. MAYBE they could be fixing the site, but i dont see why, unless like someone said above, Looking for the malware/virus/what ever you wanna call it, is on the website server. So there clearing that server now maybe?
It is probably the first or the last, I highly doubt SOE's sites have a monthly bandwidth cap (And generally, an unofficial status code, 509, is used in these cases whereas this is probably a 503)

Belios_Goveko
Novice Crafter

Post by Belios_Goveko » Fri May 06, 2011 1:48 pm

Sobuno wrote:
NightCrawler wrote:

It is probably the first or the last, I highly doubt SOE's sites have a monthly bandwidth cap (And generally, an unofficial status code, 509, is used in these cases whereas this is probably a 503)
Yes it's a 503 Service Temporarily Unavailable

Dakodaa
Novice Crafter

Post by Dakodaa » Sat May 07, 2011 1:46 am

they have been giving updates on the facebook page and the latest says no SWG this weekend

Azural
Novice Crafter

Post by Azural » Sat May 07, 2011 1:54 am

Dakodaa wrote:they have been giving updates on the facebook page and the latest says no SWG this weekend
Batman>SWG? :p

orad
Novice Crafter

Post by orad » Sat May 07, 2011 3:20 am

Anyone else going crazy for a forum fix?? I think I miss the forums more than I miss SWG in the last week.

That and I wonder if they are going to hook our harvs up with full hoppers.. lol.

Dakodaa
Novice Crafter

Post by Dakodaa » Sat May 07, 2011 3:59 am

orad wrote:Anyone else going crazy for a forum fix?? I think I miss the forums more than I miss SWG in the last week.

That and I wonder if they are going to hook our harvs up with full hoppers.. lol.
Orad I sooo agree with you lol

Harpua
Novice Crafter

Post by Harpua » Sat May 07, 2011 7:56 am

Azural
Novice Crafter

Post by Azural » Sat May 07, 2011 5:57 pm

oh my... Having serious withdrawls. rofl

Edra
Novice Crafter

Post by Edra » Sat May 07, 2011 6:48 pm

Weird thing is I'm not missing it much. Granted I have plenty to keep me busy (family, work, business) and SWG would get whatever I could spare. But now after I do the essentials I read a book, go on a bike ride, work on the house a bit more, the list goes on..

Auq-Din
Novice Crafter

Post by Auq-Din » Mon May 09, 2011 3:25 pm